2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Ummm, would  you rather pay $175 on eBay?
You clearly didn't read my question. I'm not interested in purchasing. They are the first shop I have seen to upcharge, and by only $6? I was just wondering why they upcharged.

Man, I got nothing, seriously? TOUGH CROWD :[
Reel it in, homie. Attention will be paid, you already got 3 likes on the photo. It's a good photo of a nice combination of SB's, but begging for attention won't get you it.

We're a nice crowd, but often we just like and move on. Nothing against you. The more you are in here the more we will respond to things you post or say.

Last edited:
Yeah, I did read your question. I'm the first to question ship when they up charge on RELEASE DAY. But when a shop has a sold out release that is selling for $175 plus on eBay a MONTH or more close after release? Yeah, the $6 doesn't phase me much. But as you said, that is kinda ridiculous for an up charge!

Spring 2015

Much better then the corduroys... At least dye won't bleed into the swoosh lol

Yeah, I did read your question. I'm the first to question ship when they up charge on RELEASE DAY. But when a shop has a sold out release that is selling for $175 plus on eBay a MONTH or more close after release? Yeah, the $6 doesn't phase me much. But as you said, that is kinda ridiculous for an up charge!
The way I see it, a shop that has an account with SB should NEVER upcharge, day 1 or day 365. When Black Sheep NC re-released the Concord Lows, I don't think they taxed and that was over a year later. I just don't think any shop should act like a reseller or let resale prices affect their sales price. That's why people in here tend towards hating places like Brooklyn Projects. And like I mentioned, did they really NEED to upcharge $6? It just seems so arbitrary and pointless. Like their business will fail without that extra $6...

The way I see it, a shop that has an account with SB should NEVER upcharge, day 1 or day 365. When Black Sheep NC re-released the Concord Lows, I don't think they taxed and that was over a year later. I just don't think any shop should act like a reseller or let resale prices affect their sales price. That's why people in here tend towards hating places like Brooklyn Projects. And like I mentioned, did they really NEED to upcharge $6? It just seems so arbitrary and pointless. Like their business will fail without that extra $6...

That's what bugs me about it, why $6, in for a penny, in for a pound. If you're going to say that market prices dictate what a shoe sitting on the shelves is going to be priced at go all in. That way I know to never buy anything from that shop ever.

You know what, I agree with you! :smile:

I guess I was defensive just because I was happy to find a pair of 510's for $6 over retail over a month after they were released, ESPECIALLY when I was checking the prices on eBay, etc. :frown:

You're right though, I constantly call out people on Instagram, etc, when they're like, "Lance Mountain Jordan SB's - $195" - the DAY OF RELEASE. That **** is ridiculous and I know not to support those companies. I guess this was just different for me since they were already sold out for more than a month and I looked at it as a restock.

So, in conclusion, you are right, I am wrong :smile:

5 guys...?

Shake Shack craps all over 5 guys if we're talking Beast Coast
See, I've never gotten the allure of shake shack. Lines are long and it's quite the wait for an expensive mediocre burger imo. Their shakes, on the other hand, are awesome. 

To keep it on topic, I've got on Bao's today and as usual they're garnering a lot of positive comments. 
happy.gif

You know what, I agree with you! :smile:

I guess I was defensive just because I was happy to find a pair of 510's for $6 over retail over a month after they were released, ESPECIALLY when I was checking the prices on eBay, etc. :frown:

You're right though, I constantly call out people on Instagram, etc, when they're like, "Lance Mountain Jordan SB's - $195" - the DAY OF RELEASE. That **** is ridiculous and I know not to support those companies. I guess this was just different for me since they were already sold out for more than a month and I looked at it as a restock.

So, in conclusion, you are right, I am wrong :smile:
There's no right or wrong, I recognize everyone has different opinions. I agree that $126 is a good price for anyone who's looking because as you said, no one is trying to pay the $175 some eBay sellers are asking. It's just that $6... WHY? Hahaha.

That's what bugs me about it, why $6, in for a penny, in for a pound. If you're going to say that market prices dictate what a shoe sitting on the shelves is going to be priced at go all in. That way I know to never buy anything from that shop ever.
I have been guilty of paying the upcharge and not being all that bummed. For example, the SOMP's John00 got me were $150 out the door. I know Cali taxes aren't THAT bad. And I also bought those LM1's from a shop for $400 for the pack retail. I wasn't mad because it was a tough shoe to find, but still.

Today's wear:

The creasing on these suck...
frown.gif
I have recently been in the crease camp. I don't care about it anymore. I used to be kinda bummed when new shoes creased but now I like creasing. I think it adds character because all those IG freaks with no creases in any of their shoes are just promoting something totally unrealistic. Shoes are meant to crease and be worn and be loved. Just my 2 cents, not knocking anyone who still doesn't like creasing, I get it 100%

Last edited:

There's no right or wrong, I recognize everyone has different opinions. I agree that $126 is a good price for anyone who's looking because as you said, no one is trying to pay the $175 some eBay sellers are asking. It's just that $6... WHY? Hahaha.

I have been guilty of paying the upcharge and not being all that bummed. For example, the SOMP's John00 got me were $150 out the door. I know Cali taxes aren't THAT bad. And I also bought those LM1's from a shop for $400 for the pack retail. I wasn't mad because it was a tough shoe to find, but still.
Respect brother. I totally get you. I don't understand why SB sellers up charge PERIOD???! Do you think it will get you repeat customers? Hell no! They will buy this one release from you and remember that you were a penis face from here on out!

I shouldn't have defended this post from post one, I was just happy to find 510s, IN A SIZE 13 (very rare), AT ALL!!! So they $6 wasn't questioned from me. Usually . . . hell YEAH i'd call them out lol.

I've been blocked from several sellers from IG because I always am like, "WTF???! GOOD LUCK SELLING THESE FOR $50 OVER RETAIL YOU *****!!!" lol

Back
Top Bottom