2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Anyone go .5 size down in the IW? With that code it would bring it to 121. Unless ya'll see a 12 for less, that's going to be the best price I've seen.

You're in the market for the BMWs right? That's a little steep imo.And I would not recommend going a half size down in IWs.

Shark is the tertiary color in the color code.

unDS'd these IWs in the rain today...comfort wise I think they're getting a worse rap than they deserve. The tongue is strapped down pretty snugly to the bottom of the shoe, but it actually felt pretty good on foot the way they were "hugging" my feet. Lunar on the insoles is negligible, I'd describe them as a mix between regular SB insoles and regular Dunk insoles.

My only real complaint is because of how low the tongue sits because of the straps, it's hard to wear them with the tongues out over your pants. It's minor, and I know some people prefer to wear their pants over the tongues anyway so I guess it's preferential.
my man, gotta lace those 2 holes shorter. that will help. ive always laced mine like that. 

As for all the retro talk. I Swear i read somewhere years ago that when the first guys in charge of the SB line said that a "true retro" would never happen. Now we know they did make a couple "true retro" the shanghi 1 and the slam city's . also the Prod 1. but thats it. 

Do you have a pair of IWs yet, shoreguy85 shoreguy85 ?

The way I have them laced doesn't affect the tongue whatsoever...it's strapped so snugly to the bottom of the shoe that there's no way to wear them tongues-out.

Today

so it seems the orange boxes will get another chance to reach my heart.. 
today i was ordering from NDC - really want to test out the new red Highs and the Black/Gum lows and feel the materials/fit - when i noticed that the orange boxes were marked down to 55Euro and my size was still available.. since i always order with a 20%-off pulse-code (which can be purchased for like 4Euro via Ebay here in Europe) they came out to 44Euro and i just couldnt say no that oppurtunity.
I ve had them already here when they released and deemed the color too bright/flashy for my likings, so i sent them back, but a brandnew pair for a bit over 40 bucks might change my mind, maybe with the black laces..

just wanted to share, cheers.

How long do sbs last?

Just curious.

I assume forever because the build is similar to forces.

How long do sbs last?

Just curious.

I assume forever because the build is similar to forces.
depends a bit on the materials (suede lasts longer than leather in my experience) and if you stuff them when you dont wear them and how you treat them in general but yeah... forever. especially if you own multiple pairs.

I'm looking to cop some DS pink box stuff. I'm hoping they would be good.

Only problem with DS stuff is that the glue gets dried out, causing sole separation. But the sole won't come completely of or anything, because of the stitching. If a pair was worn I believe the moisture in the air is enough to keep the glue from drying out.
I believe leather and nubuck get it worse than suede, because the suede observes the glue and creates a better bond.

But that is just my theory.

Last edited:

my man, gotta lace those 2 holes shorter. that will help. ive always laced mine like that. 

As for all the retro talk. I Swear i read somewhere years ago that when the first guys in charge of the SB line said that a "true retro" would never happen. Now we know they did make a couple "true retro" the shanghi 1 and the slam city's . also the Prod 1. but thats it. 
I 100% forgot they did those dunk retros...they didn't really make them available for the public so doesn't really register in my book.

Looks like I missed the retro talk.

One of the big draws for me for picking up older pairs is the comfort and quality of materials. If they did true retros with fat tongues, same padding and good quality, I'd be all in. It'd be such a bittersweet feeling to pick up something like Takashis with IW caliber quality. Not that it's garbage now, but it's just not the same. I would definitely welcome high versions of forbes and flashes, reverse forbes, etc.

I believe the market is still there, but like someone else said, it'd be nowhere near the hype of a bred Jordan I release that comes every 2-3 years at this point.

Back
Top Bottom