2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I was watching these for the past few days and I ended up losing them by $1. I thought I had a win for us big-footed fellas, but alas, another kick to the nuts at the last second.

I was watching these for the past few days and I ended up losing them by $1. I thought I had a win for us big-footed fellas, but alas, another kick to the nuts at the last second.
i feel you man. had the same scenario few days ago for a sz 11

Damn that shirt is too dope...
^nice, after finding a pair and wearing it for a day I had to get rid of them. Hurt the hell out of my foot, way too narrow compared to others.

I love this shirt. I only wear it around this time of the year so it stays fresh . They put it out when they put out the highs a few years back.

I would agree. A 13 would feel better then these but this is my second paid. I best the hell out of my first ones still have them. They are comfy and steched out.

@jimmypiff That's good background info. I appreciate your perspective.

I cringe a little when Nike gets on a soap box like that. They pay kids 2 cents an hour in Asia to make this stuff. We buy it though.

Nobody is willing to pay $400 retail per shoe so Nike can make them in Oregon. Nobody has he manufacturing power/expertise of those Asian factories anyway.

Nobody is willing to pay $400 retail per shoe so Nike can make them in Oregon. Nobody has he manufacturing power/expertise of those Asian factories anyway.
new balance makes alot of there models in America, with supurb quality. I find there made in America models in sale for less than $75 . So your point is not valid.

new balance makes alot of there models in America, with supurb quality. I find there made in America models in sale for less than $75 . So your point is not valid.

Apples to oranges.

Nike is cranking out millions of pairs each year. How many pairs is NB making in the US? Thousands?

Correct, but they go on sale for under $75. New balance makes around % 25 of there shoes in America I believe. It's something Nike could afford to try but there is no motive it seems

I never mentioned retail price. Nike is ruthlessly efficient. If Nike is doing positive things globally or in communities, great. Have not experienced it.

New Balance 997 USAs are an attractive option. I'd suppprt Nike in an initiative like that. They'd crush it. Maybe they have one. Who knows.

Nikes too greedy to make the sneakers here. We all know it prob cost them about $20 to make a $120 shoe. Prob even less. I mean think about it. When they wholesale them to shops it's 100% markup. Like if the shoe is $100 they wholesale it for $50. That means they are making them for dirt. They could easily make them in USA and yes cost would go up but to them they have it to good with profit margins. For now. Untill that import tax Trump keeps talking about comes into play then the game will change

Nikes too greedy to make the sneakers here. We all know it prob cost them about $20 to make a $120 shoe. Prob even less. I mean think about it. When they wholesale them to shops it's 100% markup. Like if the shoe is $100 they wholesale it for $50. That means they are making them for dirt. They could easily make them in USA and yes cost would go up but to them they have it to good with profit margins. For now. Untill that import tax Trump keeps talking about comes into play then the game will change

Nike is not a charity.

The raw cost of materials and labor is not the only factor in pricing a good. Marketing, storage,shipping, Health care, wages, coffee for the break room etc. also need to be paid for. Besides, items are only sold for the market wants to pay for them.

Companies only continue to exist by making products consumers want. I pulled $400 out of my *** but there absolutely would be an increase in cost to make the shoes here. Consumers likely wouldn't pay for the increase as shoes are something folks are very price sensitive about. American apparel isn't exactly making billions because they make things in Los Angeles. Consumers have proven they want cheap fast fashion (h&m).

And the logistics of this are mind boggling. Legal and tax implications...building the factory, finding employees... never mind the marketing to let people know you did all this. THEN you have to get these workers up to the same skill level of their Asian counterparts. Again these countries have VASTLY more knowledge of these processes because the entire infrastructure is built around this.

And for what? A .00001% uptick in sales? What happens if this experiment doesn't work out? Nike fires the American workers and takes the pr hit? Keep them employed for no damn reason?

Last edited:
na bro, Nike is actually one of the very few companies that doesn't do Keystone prices...its 60/40 when dealing with Nike

and there are so many other costs that go into the shoes rather than just to make the shoe and get the materials for the shoe

Last edited:
Nike is not a charity.

The raw cost of materials and labor is not the only factor in pricing a good. Marketing, storage,shipping, Health care, wages, coffee for the break room etc. also need to be paid for. Besides, items are only sold for the market wants to pay for them.

Companies only continue to exist by making products consumers want. I pulled $400 out of my *** but there absolutely would be an increase in cost to make the shoes here. Consumers likely wouldn't pay for the increase as shoes are something folks are very price sensitive about. American apparel isn't exactly making billions because they make things in Los Angeles. Consumers have proven they want cheap fast fashion (h&m).

And the logistics of this are mind boggling. Legal and tax implications...building the factory, finding employees... never mind the marketing to let people know you did all this. THEN you have to get these workers up to the same skill level of their Asian counterparts. Again these countries have VASTLY more knowledge of these processes because the entire infrastructure is built around this.

And for what? A .00001% uptick in sales? What happens if this experiment doesn't work out? Nike fires the American workers and takes the pr hit? Keep them employed for no damn reason?

Who said anything about it being a charity? And don't try to tell me that they couldn't do it here they could like they would be hard to find people to work come on dude. They pay those kids over there Pennies on the dollar to make sneakers all while making billions and profit don't act like they don't.

na bro, Nike is actually one of the very few companies that doesn't do Keystone prices...its 60/40 when dealing with Nike

and there are so many other costs that go into the shoes rather than just to make the shoe and get the materials for the shoe

Unless that changed in the last year or two that's the way it was. My good friend was shoe manager at a local shop I've seen the invoices if the shoe was $100 they wholesaled at $50

Who said anything about it being a charity? And don't try to tell me that they couldn't do it here they could like they would be hard to find people to work come on dude. They pay those kids over there Pennies on the dollar to make sneakers all while making billions and profit don't act like they don't.

Unless that changed in the last year or two that's the way it was. My good friend was shoe manager at a local shop I've seen the invoices if the shoe was $100 they wholesaled at $50
you're obviously not a business man, doesn't make sense to make anything here. costs are too high, who likes paying $200-$220 for 997s? not me...thats just NB, imagine what Nikes prices would be. This isn't the 50s/60s where ppl give any fcks if the stuff they buy is made in the US. Im from planet Erf not the US...

you're obviously not a business man, doesn't make sense to make anything here. costs are too high, who likes paying $200-$220 for 997s? not me...thats just NB, imagine what Nikes prices would be. This isn't the 50s/60s where ppl give any fcks if the stuff they buy is made in the US. Im from planet Erf not the US...
im sorry but i cant take anyone serious  who spells earth as erf 

Back
Top Bottom