2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Totally missing out; what's stopping you from unDSing? They're definitely one of the most low-maintenance SBs in recent memory, and fairly easy to replace if you do end up wearing them out beyond repair!

Well if you put it that way, I'm a sucker for NOT wearing them. However, it's just how I am as a collector. I tend to wear my low value shoes and when you're a size 6, even the low value shoes can be hard to replace years down the road. C:

It's kind of a myth that SB has universally used crap materials the past 5 years.

From a GR standpoint, most Dunks with Ishod's name on them are very nice. Decons too. Even the Bota. For QS in the past 18 months we've had Pigeon's, Forbes wheat and denim, White Widow, Black Bar, Humidity, WSLS, Soulland high, UCS, Momofuku's, WISC, etc.

WE BUYING DIAMONDS? I feel like such a jerk to really only pop in when there's hyped releases coming out, but I must admit that the black and white pair would be nice to have to keep my original lows from getting any more abuse.

I maintain that there's been decent pairs that have come out in the dark era, it just takes a further decline in product before we recognize it. I liked the quality on the Mulder highs, and I was never able to snag the Supa Highs at a price I wanted them for, but my eyes are always searching for that sub 30 pair.

Anyways I hope everyone feasts, and if not that the guys that buy and try to sell them to us all lose their shirts.

Well if you put it that way, I'm a sucker for NOT wearing them. However, it's just how I am as a collector. I tend to wear my low value shoes and when you're a size 6, even the low value shoes can be hard to replace years down the road. C:

Buy a second pair to rock guilt-free, problem solved! .
Actually, good point. I'm having a tough enough time tracking down a handful of pairs in my size, I can only imagine how much more difficult it'd be to obtain smaller sized pairs of shoes like 2005 Diamond lows in ANY condition.

Hopefully the declining resell prices will make things a little easier for everyone that actually wants the shoes. Last sale for sz 9.5 is $194 on Stockx which means profit margin is less than $70 and that's without the actual full release. Maybe it will discourage spending the night outside to make a small profit. Wishful thinking but we shall see. As others have stated, if you miss out and are patient, these could likely dip to a much better price point.

StockX prices are looooww for a hyped release. Resellers are gonna be disappointed.

Humidity’s were made in limited quantities, everyone loves them, Lebron wore them. And they are not breaking $200 ATM. Different hype for sure. But supply and demand wins out, and I don’t think many buyers actually want to wear these.

Fingers crossed this is an easy scoop...
In for Black pair only

Called my local to see if camping was an option (Owner wears same size as me, + im 36yrs old really dont want to) but they didnt even get them. They have got pretty much every release in the past, is the only skate shop in about 90 miles, and has been selling SB's for well over a decade. Why do some get love while others dont?

I’m first in line at Zumiez Memorial City
No one else is here

Yet

Will keep updates coming
Heading to the Arundel Mills Zumiez in MD after lunch. Hope I’m not too late to get a spot. It’s a bigger store so things get hectic for releases.

the resurgence is almost here

they tried in 2014 but 2019 is the year all the folks who said SB is dead...

JfMlwPu.gif

Still remember this to this day. That was Kane’s first appearance. Lightning struck the grave and his hand popped out!

if prices hit $160 on stockx for a size 8 count me in for a black pair. I want them but hate going through the hassle. I am very out of touch with how to cop sbs in NYC since its been a while. I mostly order from premier. I know blades but not many other local shops

What borough are you in? Plenty of skateshops around but many of them are more fashion oriented than actually about skate supplies these days

As per sneakernews...

Black:
  • MFTTBD (11/9)
  • CCSIn-Store Raffle
White:
  • MFTTBD (11/9)
  • CCSIn-Store Raffle
You in for these homie?

It's kind of a myth that SB has universally used crap materials the past 5 years.

From a GR standpoint, most Dunks with Ishod's name on them are very nice. Decons too. Even the Bota. For QS in the past 18 months we've had Pigeon's, Forbes wheat and denim, White Widow, Black Bar, Humidity, WSLS, Soulland high, UCS, Momofuku's, WISC, etc.
You're right about the pairs that you name dropped, but GRs and IWs have been horrible to me. I've seen photos of how they creased, I've held them in hand and it seems that any time they just use regular full grain leather on dunks, it's awful. The MIA skateshop joints always looked like poor materials to me. But think back to orange to gold box days - literally every pair fit and felt great, except maybe pusheads and hunters because of the lining.

Back
Top Bottom