2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

upload_2019-4-29_10-4-13.png

Saw this comment on an sbcollector instagram post. Objectively I know it's not my money, not my problem so why should I care. But I've seen other comments on facebook pages and instagram from guys who are whining about dunks being more expensive, how cheap they were, how they should have copped when they had the chance...yes, you should have. If someone was so truly into dunks and SBs that they saw when prices were low, why weren't you copping then? Why wait until 2019 to pay $500 for some lobsters that could have been had for $200 two years ago?

I'm aware many other things in life are higher priority than shoes but if you weren't copping when they were cheap it's probably your fault and not Travis Scott's or stockx's. Would love to hear some other thoughts on this, maybe help me see it differently.

Like you said, some things came first. If we could buy every sneaker we come across, we would. I had pair of Thai Temples DS in my sights for $160 just last year. Other stuff came up that I wanted to spend my money on or had to fall back on at the moment.

I remember picking up the flashes in store. Was planning to skate them, but ended up skating Mantecas instead. Still have them with lace bag attached.
I was also able to get Barfs, Jedis, Shimzus and many others at retail. I'm from Philly and typically went to Nocturnal or G Spot and everything sat at the time.

JPS JPS you ever hit up Division East in Montclair when it was around? Those barfs were sitting at NJ? Only shop I can imagine with an sb acct that had those early models if it at all? But can't imagine owner was down during the orange or silverbox era because of that punk rock uck nike mentality
Yessir that was my OG local. They had all da silver box and pink box series; they for the most part all sat. Walk in and out. Truly the good ole days.I decided to stop supporting them once they charged $250 for the Tiffany’s. I think that’s when I started fading from SBs. And also why I don’t really gas the tiffs up

Edit: also half of their crew and OG packers crew wound up at nikelab when it first opened lol

upload_2019-4-29_10-4-13.png

Saw this comment on an sbcollector instagram post. Objectively I know it's not my money, not my problem so why should I care. But I've seen other comments on facebook pages and instagram from guys who are whining about dunks being more expensive, how cheap they were, how they should have copped when they had the chance...yes, you should have. If someone was so truly into dunks and SBs that they saw when prices were low, why weren't you copping then? Why wait until 2019 to pay $500 for some lobsters that could have been had for $200 two years ago?

I'm aware many other things in life are higher priority than shoes but if you weren't copping when they were cheap it's probably your fault and not Travis Scott's or stockx's. Would love to hear some other thoughts on this, maybe help me see it differently.

I mean you answered your own question. Not everyone had the means or funds to cop when things were cheap. Or, what's considered now wasn't cheap then. I wanted some Iowas a couple of years ago and lowest I saw was in the 250 range...which I hoped would go down. And now they've shot back up. Hindsight is 2020. But it is clear that SB hype is somewhat back and how that's been influenced by celebrities and people who sat on their pairs looking to make money again.

I mean you answered your own question. Not everyone had the means or funds to cop when things were cheap. Or, what's considered now wasn't cheap then. I wanted some Iowas a couple of years ago and lowest I saw was in the 250 range...which I hoped would go down. And now they've shot back up. Hindsight is 2020. But it is clear that SB hype is somewhat back and how that's been influenced by celebrities and people who sat on their pairs looking to make money again.
Shrug. I bought a bunch of gems for under $200 and $100 from 2014-2017. Sold some and wore some out to death but there were some great deals for under $100.

Chinese NYs, Baos, Tiffs High, AJ1 Blue pack, Reese Forbes High, which out of those came out first was my 1st SBs....

I think it was the Tiffany Highs

I'm old man, I dont even remember what I bought last month never mind a few years back :emoji_older_man:

Back
Top Bottom