2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Misshapen toe on viotechs > wider toe vamp, heel lining piece, new sole, new shape on blue box-present dunks.

I don't actually mind the extra eyelet layer.

Wonder how long it will take for the retail to be upped to $200ish for recycled hype like am1 safari lobster diamond raygun etc knowing that over 90% of all retail sales are being instaflipped .

Wonder how long it will take for the retail to be upped to $200ish for recycled hype like am1 safari lobster diamond raygun etc knowing that over 90% of all retail sales are being instaflipped .
Thankfully they've got a long way to go to hit $200. Will be gradual.

6330A9E7-9FF7-4A04-ADFC-E46CEB1F4B09.jpeg

In terms of hype cycles, increased demand, etc. For me personally, renewed interest goes hand in hand with better releases. The release of the Mulder/Gino/Forbes/Supa highs marked the beginning of a new period. And while those highs weren't the best quality, it was the start of a new cycle. Where both the Ishod mold died, and we began to see better designs and materials. Probably starting with the Black Pigeon. And now demand has risen for everything.

TL;DR - SB was dead for a long time, because the releases sucked. They're back because releases have improved.

Finally, someone gets it. I did read the whole post but I've been repeating this sentiment for a while now.

I agree to a point...and maybe I was just out of the game too long so there's a big gap in time that I am missing where things did suck the big one.

But there was a time after the some of the 'bigger' drops (Cali lows, Heinekens, etc) that I really enjoyed. The green taxis, old spices, trails, Hawaiis, Gibsons, Shoe Goo's and so on. I know Im probably mashing up time periods because all of those releases just named weren't in linear fashion but personally, I really dug a lot of the black box era and appreciated the quality and colorways of that period.

You're right tho, there are ebbs and flows to every product/line. Its weird- I'm stuck somewhere between being a grouchy 32 year old who can't get his hands on minimal pairs he truly enjoys and admiring the evolution of the culture for what its worth.

if it's any consolation the bot users are getting destroyed by the service providers. the real winner in this whole game are the people that code the bots, provide the proxies, provide card cloak services like Privacy, etc.

some of these dudes are only making like $40 a pair and they are paying hundreds of dollars a month for their bot subscription and proxies. these things also take an inordinate amount of time to configure and run. this doesn't even include the mistakes when they blow a stack copping a brick release or brick sizes

ON TOP OF THIS they even have to pay monthly subscription to "cook groups" which is basically a ****ing discord group where info is shared like direct add to cart links

basically, if you want to make real money in this new game you need to be coding the bots or offering other services like linux proxies in AWS

for most of these dudes net profit amounts to sub-minimum wage when you break it down dollars per hour and that's best case. many that get baited like what bonkers did selling images or misconfiguring the bot get their asses destroyed which i always love reading about

I legit was at a coffee shop last night reading up on this exact topic. Not to muddy the waters of this thread with tech. talk or finances but this is just the new era of the game.

I am honestly looking into this a bit more to learn about the coding/build of something like this. Its not necessarily how I want to be involved in a past time I love but if it helps me slang a single pair of 1 release and make some bread to actually cop a pair I like then so be it. The dilemma then becomes; am I just contributing to the problem the rest of us are currently facing?

And congrats on the accomplishment, Rapture. Thats a huge honor. You seem like a wise dude who's used his experiences to gain wisdom. Props on that transformation.

Nothing about those make me think of a truck stop.

I guess the swoosh on the highs looks like the color palette of Pilot stations?

I agree to a point...and maybe I was just out of the game too long so there's a big gap in time that I am missing where things did suck the big one.

But there was a time after the some of the 'bigger' drops (Cali lows, Heinekens, etc) that I really enjoyed. The green taxis, old spices, trails, Hawaiis, Gibsons, Shoe Goo's and so on. I know Im probably mashing up time periods because all of those releases just named weren't in linear fashion but personally, I really dug a lot of the black box era and appreciated the quality and colorways of that period.

You're right tho, there are ebbs and flows to every product/line. Its weird- I'm stuck somewhere between being a grouchy 32 year old who can't get his hands on minimal pairs he truly enjoys and admiring the evolution of the culture for what its worth.

It's in the teal box period and split box and tape box period when things really started to go downhill quality wise I think. Black box and gold box had hella bangers.

Back
Top Bottom