2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

100% the lady jeans thing started with skaters. And they ushered in bootcut/wide jeans in the 90’s. The cycle is repeating. I bought some Levi’s SB jeans 2 years ago, with 17.5” leg openings. They are selling even wider options now.

What are the widest? I need those real mans pants.

you underestimate the youth and they're need to be cool like they're favorite celebrities...

would ultraboosts have been popular at the time if kanye wore them? they were sitting on shelves prior...

would jordan 1s have gotten popular if kanye hadn't worn them now that i think about it?

and remrember when kanye wore air max 90s and they sold out real quick and resale was like 600?

nike sb's were attainable prior to travis wearing them, and even more limited releases weren't commanding a ton on the resale market (i got diamonds for 160, today they're around 300). i don't think it's a coincidence. doubtful any of these people woke up thinking, "i'm going to bring x brand back!" but clearly there's a correlation between celebrities rocking a shoe and that shoe becoming popular.

it's the opposite

And where do you think these Celebs/people get their Influence from!

The YOUTH!

they don't set trends or create them!
Only get introduced to them to make them more popular from their platforms.

The youth have they own trends which diff from region to region
not Celebs

Youth creates Trend > Celeb copys trend > Trend is now mainstream popular

Strawberry coughs??? Trash.

Attachments

• nike-sb-dunk-high-strawberry-cough-2.jpg
    nike-sb-dunk-high-strawberry-cough-2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Travis’s influence plays a part but I think what people are trying to say is that the credit he is being given is over stated...I say this as a 23 year old. ..Who teaches high schoolers....I can count on 1 hand the number of dunks I’ve seen that wasn’t on my feet.

probably cuz the kids are buying and selling to us grown folks on niketalk and not actually wearing...

it's the opposite

And where do you think these Celebs/people get their Influence from!

The YOUTH!

they don't set trends or create them!
Only get introduced to them to make them more popular from their platforms.

The youth have they own trends which diff from region to region
not Celebs

Youth creates Trend > Celeb copys trend > Trend is now mainstream popular
Its the streets, runways and celebrities...the youth doesnt do anything but make trends popular because they do nothing but go to school and screw off

Skaters start a lot of the hot trends. Hot take, but, yeezy bit off chad muska (for his first shoe).

It doesn't/shouldn't matter but I'm old, much older than most guys here, and I like the fact that Dunks and SBs are in the cyclical return again. When the other waves of sneakers were popular I looked into them and even bought a few but I always returned to the AJ1s and Dunks. I give props to celebs and artists who wear sneakers. I don't hate on the youngins and next generation of peeps who wear what others are wearing because they're in some form of spotlight.

Let people be. Some folks in here be hating from the bell tower. I hope whatever and whoever hurt you in the past doesn't bother you anymore.
just curious... How old?

nah volk u got me by almost a decade.

I took a guess, I remember yougave your age up like a yr or 2 ago on this thread

Now you cats see how we felt over there in the Jordan 1 thread.

Shxt was sweet gettin 1's with no hassle until the hype set.

Now you either gotta have a bot, a mean plug, or deep pockets to cop.
Supreme thread too.

Back
Top Bottom