2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

507FC590-1DA1-4215-B3AF-068BC253D925.jpeg

drop your address

Nike, the marketing geniuses are trying to recreate the cultural SB phenomenon that happened naturally 15-20 years ago.
YOU CAN’T RECREATE NATURAL. IT DOESN’T WORK LIKE THAT.

Nah bruh, it was all manufactured back in the day too, first few releases nobody gave a damn about and sat in stores

Dont compare? You remember? Lets see. People were literally camping outside of stores for two weeks straight everyday with out them even knowing if the store was releasing the shoe that day. Literally 200 to 300 calls everyday, to where the store had too disconnect the phone for that reason.

The hype has always been there. Can it be different now? Possibly. but it always will there as long as any type of hype attached to the actual release. DUNK SB, KOBE, JORDAN, ECT...
Right. That’s 1 shoe. People in my area didn’t have to camp for tiffs. I know this for a fact. Regardless, it’s much harder to get hyped SBs now than it was then. Do u remember the BTTYS sbs being camped for? Or the stussy SBs? T19s? Shimizus? Nope. That era was different. Unkles were a hassle. Bonsais were tough to get, and lucky’s as well but you could still cop most gr SBs hassle free. Things are just different now and the hype is more visible imo due to social media, vlogs etc. I respect your opinion but I ain’t new. Things done changed. I got my money up tho Lolol

Right. That’s 1 shoe. People in my area didn’t have to camp for tiffs. I know this for a fact. Regardless, it’s much harder to get hyped SBs now than it was then. Do u remember the BTTYS sbs being camped for? Or the stussy SBs? T19s? Shimizus? Nope. That era was different. Unkles were a hassle. Bonsais were tough to get, and lucky’s as well but you could still cop most gr SBs hassle free. Things are just different now and the hype is more visible imo due to social media, vlogs etc. I respect your opinion but I ain’t new. Things done changed. I got my money up tho Lolol

i see your point. In Socal, All hype SBs were hard to get like STUSSYS, LUCKYS, ECT. Gr Dunks never, so I think you are correct.

If you have your money up, you never worry about the prices ahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!

If Sneaker collecting gets to BE expensive or hectic, then maybe some people in here should not be in the game LOL!!

Whew quite a few things to respond to in here...

Production numbers...

look it’s BEYOND a fact that this super limited stuff is for a very niche market and doesn’t directly effect Nike’s profits

it’s really cleverly disguised marketing that the public creates and pays Nike for

the best selling shoes every year are GR releases outsells all “hype” shoes by miles

also this “marketing” is to push more widely available merchandise that’s where the bread and butter is

also do realize that most shoes production begins a year out sometimes more and we are not factoring in original idea concept samples and in the case of Ben and Jerry dunk working with another company etc...

There is ZERO way to know if the shoe would sell well or be a brick THAT far out

also the last thing Nike wants(any company) is for product to sit

it’s a bad look

And also devalues how the brand looks

so better to do a smaller production run with higher chance of sell through than a HUGE run that sits and they lose money

look at yeezy line the over saturation of yeezy 350’s has killed off a ton of hype and beyond shrunk the aftermarket now a days on them

at one point ANY yeezy shoe was 1K+ off rip

now it’s like maybe 3-320 after market and after fees and stuff seller makes maybe $35 profit depending on size

Has yeezy/adidas made a lot of money? Sure but it’s about the long game not the short

the adidas hype was through the roof 3 years ago

they lost that

so that’s how Nike looks at it and won’t simply produce more product

i see your point. In Socal, All hype SBs were hard to get like STUSSYS, LUCKYS, ECT. Gr Dunks never, so I think you are correct.

If you have your money up, you never worry about the prices ahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!

If Sneaker collecting gets to BE expensive or hectic, then maybe some people in here should not be in the game LOL!!
Word. Bless up bud

As far as salt goes...

personally I’m not salty about any shoe I strike out on

but I’m in the minority of likening shoes
Not the clout or the resell etc...

Genuinely enjoy rocking a pair of shoes
Others do aswell and can be upset at a strike out

some others are salty because they missing out on the flip

I get that but this is two separate groups that get lumped together sadly

But I have to admit that currently it’s to a point of impossible to even obtain a shoe outside of a raffle win as a regular user(no bots)

And that’s a huge turn off to even get excited for a shoe Now a days and if you do better shut the hell up about it because it brings the beasts

And that’s kinda lame

beasts existed in the early 2000’s when I was actively buying a lot also it will always exist that’s fine

but the “playing field” is so skewed now a days
Just a fat mess

Re-Release some OG colorways & kill the resell prices. That'll be the only way I cop older releases again. I've had a nice run for a roughly a decade. Remove the $$$ signs in front of SB's and most wouldn't want them...that's why Skateshops in Michigan had pairs for days sitting lol. The ONLY major sellouts were the Skunks, Statue of Liberty, Born In The USA, Pushheads, Lance Mountains, Larry Perkins, & Tiffs...2008-2016 was a BREEZE...think about all the GR's in between those years lol. Ryu & Chun Li's sold fast too but strictly off the collab...better days. But hey it's the world we live in. Enjoy what u have Now or the memories of what you had in the past. Keep it pushing...

Prices on Brazils in size 12 isn't too bad.

I was hoping Plums would drop in price, but it did the opposite lol.

It seems like these young resellers have finally learned basic economics. Re-sell prices will always rise for something that’s not produced regularly like a pair of dunks. Even holding on to GR Jordan’s for an extra year is often beneficial.

haven't popped in in a while cause of exam season, finally all over though. any regulars hit? took my L but i just need those hell blazers this weekend honestly

also by any chance has anybody ordered something from japan recently? my brown packs and irons have been held for a month in shipping now and i don't know whether to wait or say something since it could just be due to covid.

Back
Top Bottom