2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

IMG_20200702_092659.jpg

Finally broke these out, they crease easy asf btw

Look great on foot. TTS or 0.5 up?

Where were y'all in 2016 then when BTTYS were in outlets? And when older pairs were dirt cheap? I swear dudes complaining about how high dunk prices are now are the ones that slept when they were cheap, too. If you didn't get while the gettin was good, that's on you.

I was in this thread fall 2019 talkin bout the barfs I paid $250 for which at the time was overpaying. I called myself out for sleeping on them and having to pay the new tax when I could've gotten them half price the year before. But I wanted them so I ****in paid what they cost. Wore a dozen times, sold for what I paid. We all know what happened with barfs since. I really don't understand the childish entitlement grown men have about sneakers, whining about how something's too expensive. As I've said before, get your money up or get something else. I thought "the hunt" was part of the game??? I spent 6 months in 2016 searching for the right price/condition hufs because I wasn't paying $500 for them at the time. You don't deserve a sneaker more than someone else because you liked it first lol

Here's a link to me calling myself out for sleeping https://niketalk.com/threads/2020-n...-and-qss-added.303260/page-8599#post-32216087

I had just gotten married and had a 1 year old daughter. Sold my whole collection and buying sneakers was far on my mind.

AlthoughI did peep what shoes were releasing here and there lol.

Now I’m more than financially stable and I’m thankful I was able to catch up last year in all the OG Jordan’s I missed out on before the price hikes. Can’t say the same for SB, I was able to catch some good deals on some, but for others they are way out of my price range now.

So because the 2016 release went to outlets, nobody copped? Or did Nike make enough pairs for those that wanted while still having excess pairs for those that wanted to cop for the low. And yes, grown men should feel some type of way for having to pay $400 plus dollars for a ****ing red & white dunk that’s been dropped a plethora of times before. The Hunt? Ain’t nobody trying to hunt down ****. That’s the problem now. How’s about Nike drop enough pairs for people to cop. That’s it. It’s that simple. Nike drops enough Off White, Cactus Jack, FOG, Sacai & other collabs to fill that exclusive void. I didn’t even mention Nike SB. Who are they even competing with as a business right now where GR Dunks have to be limited?

exactly... why is Nike releasing a rather mundane sneaker like it’s a limited collaboration or something special? If they dropped like they used to they would be under the radar... even with the limited numbers they’re producing.

exactly... why is Nike releasing a rather mundane sneaker like it’s a limited collaboration or something special? If they dropped like they used to they would be under the radar... even with the limited numbers they’re producing.
y'all right about nike making gr dunks limited. that **** is purely intentional & honestly idky.

IMG_20200702_225525.jpg

I remember buying these in '05 for $35. Wore them a fair amount. Found them in my basement and cleaned them up last year to tailgate in. Back to basement. No cracking, peeling or anything else on leather or inside but soles yellowed slightly.

Going 0-fer on the BTTYS irks me.

So because the 2016 release went to outlets, nobody copped? Or did Nike make enough pairs for those that wanted while still having excess pairs for those that wanted to cop for the low. And yes, grown men should feel some type of way for having to pay $400 plus dollars for a ****ing red & white dunk that’s been dropped a plethora of times before. The Hunt? Ain’t nobody trying to hunt down ****. That’s the problem now. How’s about Nike drop enough pairs for people to cop. That’s it. It’s that simple. Nike drops enough Off White, Cactus Jack, FOG, Sacai & other collabs to fill that exclusive void. I didn’t even mention Nike SB. Who are they even competing with as a business right now where GR Dunks have to be limited?

Couldn't agree more. Its insane to me that the same GR Dunks I grabbed back in '04-'07 off of clearance racks for like $40-$60 are now "retros" being tagged as limited or exclusive. That's some market manipulation for ya ***. Nike knows exactly what they're doing. Man I miss the days where you could just walk into a brick & mortar spot, see something and buy. Now all the good **** isn't going to a Foot Action or a Champs. And if by chance it does, you have to basically camp out for stuff most ppl walked past and scoffed at back then. Times they are a changing...

Nike knew they were going to hype up Dunks again for some time now. It's not a coincidence that Virgil, Migos and Kylie started wearing old dunks around the same time and then we see more SB releases being marketed by more than just skate shops. It's not a coincidence Viotechs retro again to get the regular dunk wave going. It's not a coincidence that dunks were pulled from NikeID. We were able to make these colorways on NikeID for years for like $90 but no one was touching them. Limited = Hype = Sales. It sucks that us that really want them to wear barely have a shot but that's where "the game" is in 2020.

You guys act like sneaker stores haven't been hooking up their friends and fam since the beginning of time.
You're damn right. I was working part time at finishline in 2016. Didn't want the breds for myself but each employee got a pair. So I got my friend a pair under the condition he'd keep them and he still rocks em to this day. If I had a close friend working at a store you best believe I'd ask for the same favor.

Back
Top Bottom