2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

kicks like frags and off OW 1s yea, those are past the point of wearing. dunkys may wind up in that realm also tho.
Do you bro. As long as someone isn’t jeopardizing their financial security over some shoes, I don’t know why so many get hung up on the whole “I’d never spend XYZ dollars on XYZ shoe.” Keep doing you. It doesn’t cost us anything. Never knock another person’s hustle, and never check another person’s pockets (though I might not exactly like or agree with one, or the other, or both).

Now as to the comment about the Chunkys maybe eventually being in the “realm” of the Frags or OW1s, they could be your and anyone’s grails, and that’s totally fine, but generally speaking I’d say no way would they be in the “realm” of those other mentioned kicks. Though I guess MAYBE they could reach OW UNC prices ($2100 ish). I’m not even a huge fan of the Frags, and definitely not a fan of the OW 1s. But just significance and impact wise, IMO no. Virgil Abloh’s collab with Nike/Jordan was super unique, the collab in itself was and is a big deal, and in the fashion world (I don’t even fk with fashion like that) he’s huge. And Fujiwara is both a founder and pioneer of Japanese fashion, and one of Japan’s first hip hop DJs, so his first Jordan 1 collab (we’ll see if he ever makes another one down the line) is a huge deal also. Whether people think the Chunkys look dope or not, they are just a collab with an ice cream company. IMO, they’ll never even be on the level of the Skunks, any of the City Series pairs, the Heinekens, and a bunch of other Dunk SBs (or Pros before SBs). Again, not shtting on anyone’s love for them, and people having different opinions on kicks is what’s so great about them, but I personally don’t think that the Chunkys are gonna have some impact or significance that stands the test of time in terms of Dunks. They’ll always be quirky, they were limited, and if someone is thinking about 2020 shoes specifically, they’ll be on the top or near the top. But if we’re thinking about Dunks, they didn’t exactly do anything super special IMO.

being so emotional about what another man spends on his shoes is not only some sucker chit, but it's also just flat out weird. get some help, man.
:lol:
I'm cool buddy trust me. Was not specifically talking about you but if the shoe fits i guess. Resell talk is quite common on here so I thought I'd share my two cents, i love sneakers like any man on there but at the end of the day, it's just what it is: shoes. What sneakaprince said in a nutshell.
Blessings on all y'all and your pockets.

3D612EEB-9C12-4FEF-9F91-D4AF3428037B.jpeg

If Frags didn't have that dumb lightning bolt on them they'd be a $400 shoe on the aftermarket.

There is nothing special about that colorway. Nike themselves has gone on to release same color layout in different colors. It's all because limited and a lightning bolt. Colorway is vanilla as ****. It's a royal blue black toe. Whoopdefreakingdoo.

Plus more of the same, "If this aint have that, they would sit" talk. Shxt is dead.

I'll play along though.

If your dunks didn't have a swoosh, they'd sit too.

Whoopdefreakingdoo

My 11.5 *** is still reveling in the fact that I got me some co.jp ugly duckling retros this year. Plums were long one of my fav non-SB dunks but wasn't worth paying the price to squeeze into an 11 and 11.5/12s were few and far between. I probably won't keep my veneers but plums were by far my favorite release of this year. I never copped so many new releases in a year in my life, though. 2020 was unprecedented in many ways.

All 2020 releases here that I still have:
1608213855750.png

I picked up a few older pairs as well including my vegas golds and the BTTYS Villanovas a fellow NTer ooped me. Might snap a photo of all those later. Prob sold more dunks than I bought. Also I spent less on all 6 shoes in that photo than that dude did on his ben & jerry's, just to keep the pocket watching going :lol:

man, waiting on this L from orchard on the chis this morning. the 12 days of dunks thing was cool, but lowkey wish they would have kept things in NE only like they had been doing. that said, i get the choice from a business perspective.

That regret will kick in eventually lol

Aint no way in hell Chunky Dunks get to Frag/OW 1 Chi level, cut it out.
when i dropped $875 on frags in 2013 ppl were saying the same type nonsense. "it's not worth it, blah blah" "it's just a royal with BT colorblocking, blah" now what are them same ppl saying? "GRAIL!" or when ppl were dropping $3k on satin breds. don't look like such bad moves now tho, does it? certain kicks, if u not completely blind or hating/biased u just already know what it's gon be. well, this is that all over again. and you talking regret setting in? yea, i regret that $875 frag purchase too, which was the most i had ever dropped on kicks at the time.

Back
Top Bottom