2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

They cool. They ain’t insane. I’m back and forth with them. Nice to wear but not my style.
AA0C3894-920F-40C7-ADBA-C4D1C26D2840.jpeg

That velour :nthat:

To the “these are going to tank one day” folks - don’t hold your breath. This stuff is getting produced in super limited numbers. And there are multiple generations of collectors who are going to fiend for these shoes for years to come, to feed their nostalgia and collector impulses. And again, it ain’t like there are 3 million pairs of a shoe out there, like Jordan’s... This stuff is only going to get harder to get, because people wear shoes. And collectors gonna collect...

This ain’t like 2005. Dunks are crazy hot in every circle right now. And in 5-10 years, people with new money are gonna want to recapture that feeling - or have what they couldn’t today.

To the “these are going to tank one day” folks - don’t hold your breath. This stuff is getting produced in super limited numbers. And there are multiple generations of collectors who are going to fiend for these shoes for years to come, to feed their nostalgia and collector impulses. And again, it ain’t like there are 3 million pairs of a shoe out there, like Jordan’s... This stuff is only going to get harder to get, because people wear shoes. And collectors gonna collect...

This ain’t like 2005. Dunks are crazy hot in every circle right now. And in 5-10 years, people with new money are gonna want to recapture that feeling - or have what they couldn’t today.

sbs were limited and coveted once, fell out of favor, older colorways could be had for dirty cheap, and now they've recovered. but the same thing could easily happen again, especially considering that a lot of people buying sbs are new jacks that will move on to whatever is the next hot thing.

prices def look like they starting to come down on a lot of shoes.

im loving it.

can sell **** and get some 2 for 1s or better.

sbs were limited and coveted once, fell out of favor, older colorways could be had for dirty cheap, and now they've recovered. but the same thing could easily happen again, especially considering that a lot of people buying sbs are new jacks that will move on to whatever is the next hot thing.
Exactly the attention span,( especially with social media being a factor) is not the same. In true Nike fashion over saturation like NikeID and mass production of regular dunk will kill the hype. Please see Air Force 1s in the early 2000s post the Nelly song. Every decade brings a new craze. Nike also got rid of all of the creative staff at SB so we will see changes. The only issue when the hype dies down will be differentiating the real sbs from the fakes the hype has brought and influx of.

I also agree, especially when it comes to the attention span of “fans.” Every shoe ebbs and flows over the years. Jordan’s that we’re once crazy expensive, can be had for way more affordable prices on the resell market. Sure, the super limited/special colorways of SBs might always be more on the expensive end of the spectrum, but when SBs aren’t as hyped or desirable, and fashion/style trends point to a different “in” shoe, dunks won’t be nearly as crazy as they are now. Unfortunately, what is and isn’t ugly in fashion gets dictated to people by companies, so if Nike, along with fashion people and “influencers” want to push trends in a different direction, they can. Look at how Jordan 11s resell. The remastered Space Jams from 4 years ago are only like $400. People would (and still do to an extent) kill over those things, and they’d resell for like at LEAST $500 within the first month of them dropping. The one road block to this though I feel is how accessible reselling is. ANYONE can resell within a click of a couple buttons, so pairs getting scooped up to get resold is easier than it’s ever been in history. But again, if people aren’t as interested in them, resell isn’t going to be at those same ridiculous prices, because SBs aren’t going to be as “cool” as they once were.

Ok, sure, we will get to a time where you are able to buy a GR again - of course. Quickstrikes too. But my point is that the stuff that is expensive today, is going to be even more expensive tomorrow.

This “imma wait and buy up all this stuff on the low” idea isn’t going to happen. These aren’t 1990’s baseball cards or beanie babies - prices are high because things are super limited. And supply for shoes only flows in the opposite direction.

But yes - new release Dunks will someday sit once again.

$700+ for Clivers is ******ed. My guess is this is the IG/YouTube crowd buying then selling back to each other after they get their posts/videos up.

Big problem today people don’t even have to wear their shoes to enjoy them. Just post it on the internet for attention and likes. The culture is real “flavor of the month” right now. Everyone beasting over the same thing at the same time.

Whenever I miss a new release and resale is absurd I don’t sweat it. I just go look for older stuff that I really want put the money towards that. I’ve been able to cop grails for half of what some of this newer stuff is going for. Grails that I will probably never find again in my size. The newer stuff I can always circle back for because majority of pairs are in the hands of sellers. No rush for me I have so many pairs I haven’t even worn yet.

$700+ for Clivers is ******ed. My guess is this is the IG/YouTube crowd buying then selling back to each other after they get their posts/videos up.

Big problem today people don’t even have to wear their shoes to enjoy them. Just post it on the internet for attention and likes. The culture is real “flavor of the month” right now. Everyone beasting over the same thing at the same time.

Whenever I miss a new release and resale is absurd I don’t sweat it. I just go look for older stuff that I really want put the money towards that. I’ve been able to cop grails for half of what some of this newer stuff is going for. Grails that I will probably never find again in my size. The newer stuff I can always circle back for because majority of pairs are in the hands of sellers. No rush for me I have so many pairs I haven’t even worn yet.
I’m totally of this same thinking. Miss some of the new sht, put my dinero towards an older, better, pair that isn’t “hyped.”

I’m totally of this same thinking. Miss some of the new sht, put my dinero towards an older, better, pair that isn’t “hyped.”
Yea I mean at this point, retail hits are a nice to have, but I don't get upset about this **** anymore. Waste of time, energy, and certainly money. The clout chasers have succeeded waning my passion for the game. I started the year off joining 15-20 or more raffles for some of these drops. Now I take my SNKRs L, enter the Orchard raffle if they have one and move on with my life. There is no sneaker on the planet that is a "must have". More power to you cats out there dropping a band on a pair of sneakers. That ain't it for me.

Nope. They’re super dope IMO, but the entire SB market right now is crazy inflated. Classic pairs from 10-20 years ago are going for the same price range, and we know for a fact that at the least those classics have way better materials, as older pairs were just made with better stuff. Again, the Strangloves are dope, but the inflation is just madness.

IDK about that I got into collecting Jordan’s around the first SB wave (05-09) and capitalized on buying Jordan’s while everyone were selling their collections for SBs. Fast forward to 2016 I got into Jordan 1s and decided I wanted to scoop Sb highs that caught my eye from back in the day, in one month I picked up 12 pairs and was satisfied. I couldn’t believe ppl were sleeping the way they were, got a good amount under 100 paid 220 for dooms Ds and 200 for dela highs everything else was low. Sold like 3 or 4 pairs around 2018 and then boom dunks were hot again. If ppl start to look at them as they do 1s it might get difficult for like 3 years but a lot of people don’t have long attention spans these days since so many pairs release so often.

7A132A4C-DD91-4CAE-AE35-8F4A1BCE394A.jpeg

Last edited:

Word. I haven’t paid over $300 resale for anything released past 2005.

I do sometimes forget I’m getting old and there is a whole generation of new collectors with different tastes coming up. I was a teenager when most of the dunks I really covet today initially released. I have pairs older than some of today’s collectors. So like someone has mentioned in here already, 10 years from now the SL, TS, GD, Civilist, Cliver, etc... those hyped pairs will probably still hold their value because those will be the pairs the collectors just getting started today remember and still covet. And those same people will have grown up, make more money and will be ok spending that money on pairs that are classics in their eyes. Just as I have.

I really want SL and a few other recent pairs but I can’t do the prices. I did shell out $600 a pair on True Reds, Bucks, and BTTYS ‘cuse high with no regrets though. Those pairs, to me, were worth the money.

SB line is rich in history and the dunk is a timeless model. I don’t see the hype dying any time soon. I’m just ready for more retros of the classics that ushered in the SB line.

Back
Top Bottom