2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

20201125_105927.jpg

i will say this tho.

what i seen today from these dunk id's .....
not even being able to see the options i made. selling out. tryna charge crazy resale for them atrocities that somehow made it to check out.

im just turned off. everything sneaker related is just really really corny right now.

not sure if it can recover.

its literally the opposite of what nikeID was made for lol

I won’t front — the sneaker culture of today is far from what i came up under. Things do change and i get it. Most kids move “for the money, and not the love”.

I won’t stand on pedestal like I’m appalled that they’ve made things this way because I’ve benefited from the hype. My only complaint is that you barely get enough time to ENJOY kicks before they’re shoving something new in your face. Iowa’s, Ceramics, Veneers, etc seem like it’s been long ago, but it’s maybe been two months lol.

There’s always something new. Sneaker burnout is also very very real.

I won’t front — the sneaker culture of today is far from what i came up under. Things do change and i get it. Most kids move “for the money, and not the love”.

I won’t stand on pedestal like I’m appalled that they’ve made things this way because I’ve benefited from the hype. My only complaint is that you barely get enough time to ENJOY kicks before they’re shoving something new in your face. Iowa’s, Ceramics, Veneers, etc seem like it’s been long ago, but it’s maybe been two months lol.

There’s always something new. Sneaker burnout is also very very real.
Really gotta pick your battles and limit purchases

I definitely lost my desire to seek out shoes for a while. I remember when Hypebeast first came out. The name and the vibe made me sick, and started to move away from the game. Definitely was representative of the hype train that was coming. I still love dunks, and have a lot of my pairs from back in the day. Love to rock em. One of my favorite things about collecting was waking early and lining up, hitting up boutique shops when I was traveling, getting EU exclusives, etc. With everything being raffle and online FCFS now, it’s definitely killed part of the game for me. I guess it feels like a lot of shops are just there to slang kicks, and don’t really give a **** about the same sentiments that I do.

they’ll still get my money tho, and now they’ve got me doing all these raffles and striking out of fcfs launches

The more I see of the black/white lows, the more I’m leaning towards doubling up (even at resale prices). It’s a perfect shoe, only thing I would change would be to make it a SB.

Last edited:
Figured I’d stick my head into the good ol’ Dunk SB thread to see how things went today...Yep! Just how I expected they’d go 😂...

Y’all ready to join me in Dunk exile yet? Always room around the campfire...

Took a tip from Corgishoe, I’m at a point where the memories of the shoe can get me farther than the physical shoe ever will...
If I can’t get for retail I ain’t even sweating about SBs anymore.

Back
Top Bottom