2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

John has a gif for EVERYTHING.  
laugh.gif

I stopped supporting all boutiques and clothing stores in LA because of the bad attitude that y'all see with BP.

Shops that you spend thousands of dollars in and get the ****tiest service one could imagine. They only pay attention to you if you're slurpin em left and right on social networks ( which I am not about) but we all know who those people are. :smh:

I was up in Sac a few weeks ago and went to check out FTC and they had the best customer service I've encountered in a VERY VERY Long time when it comes to the smaller shops. A shop I had never spent a single dollar in and I stood there and had a real in depth 30 min. conversation with them like we had known each other for years. They had shared info with me on their upcoming release and even talked about some other personal matters that really irked them that I'm sure only a handful of close people know.

That's what I look for now before I go spending my money at these places. It's a damn shame.

My rant for the day. :lol:

I stopped supporting all boutiques and clothing stores in LA because of the bad attitude that y'all see with BP.

Shops that you spend thousands of dollars in and get the ****tiest service one could imagine. They only pay attention to you if you're slurpin em left and right on social networks ( which I am not about) but we all know who those people are.
mean.gif

You are speaking the truth! I walked into a skate shop in LA a week ago and they didn't say anything to me for the 5 minutes I was in there looking through stuff. They had the nerve to stare at me like I was a alien or something. I looked directly at the one of the dudes and said,"Oh, you muth**uckas ain't gonna ask me if I need help? How do you know that I'm not here to spend $1000 bucks?! I'm a customer, and you guys clearly don't want my business." I then turned around and walked out as they tried to call me to come back in the shop. I don't support shops like that. I work TOO hard for my money to give it to as**oles that treat me like crap. 

Repped for preaching the truth.... and this is coming from a ****** tossing competitor 

lol nice. Us Asians qualify as midgets for the most part anyways lmao..

These jokers scanning forums now. They're only digging a deeper hole trying to explain they're way out. Might as well change the BP on the shoe tag to BS..

You are speaking the truth! I walked into a skate shop in LA a week ago and they didn't say anything to me for the 5 minutes I was in there looking through stuff. They had the nerve to stare at me like I was a alien or something. I looked directly at the one of the dudes and said,"Oh, you muth**uckas ain't gonna ask me if I need help? How do you know that I'm not here to spend $1000 bucks?! I'm a customer, and you guys clearly don't want my business." I then turned around and walked out as they tried to call me to come back in the shop. I don't support shops like that. I work TOO hard for my money to give it to as**oles that treat me like crap. 
roll.gif

nthat.gif

It's truly a sad thing when stuff like that happens though; believe me, I've been in similar situations (though I've never reacted like THAT, regrettably)... I blame the management for letting stuff like that happen. It's your responsibility to make sure your employees treat every customer the same, which should be like they're the most important person in the joint. The places with that kind of service are few and far between nowadays. I went into a local spot the other day to pick up a couple pairs, and they were actually very cool. That kind of stuff sticks with you as a customer. The first thing I thought when I left that store was "Those guys were cool." That should be the goal for these places, especially with the proliferation of online stores offering the same merchandise, often with free shipping and discounts; they should want to do whatever they have to do to get a customer to want to come back. They'll find out soon enough... 
Those Wrecks looking clean Raw!
smokin.gif
Preciate it. Was close on going with the blue laces, but I couldn't shake feeling like a 15 yr old with them in, so I went with the greys. I'm sure I'll throw the blues in there eventually. Love it how the right laces can give new life to a pair of kicks.
Thank you sir, same to you with those Brain Wrecks. Repped
Forgot to rep u. Thanks for the reminder. I'm an equal-opportunity repper! PYS actually had those on their site for like a year in my size, but they were asking something stupid for them. I'm sure y'all saw their asking price for the HFs... It's one thing for someone like me to charge that kind of ticket, but PYS??? I actually sold my extra pair to a guy for $155 shipped, so that's even less than them. It's one thing for a broke cat trying to get shoe money to sell a pair for "market value", and I get spots marking up their prices (thanks John00!), but $160? Before shipping??? Eff outta here!

EDIT: PYS STILL has the Milkcrates (it's been a year since I last checked, literally) - for $300. Not sure if that's a good price or not, but that just seems wrong to me, regardless. PYS, what happened to you? They were actually one of the places I used to cop my Dunks back in the day ('03 - 04)... Doesn't help they cancelled my Shaq Attaqs (STILL salty over that one...)

Honestly, I can't be mad @ BP, they have a point, don't like don't buy it. We all know they'll sell out regardless of that tackiness, but calling people 'lames' and even addressing message board gossip/drama is highly unprofessional in my eyes. Just stand by your product and ****. I'm gonna still check for the QS though, I'm feeling the shoe.

Funny I hear guys in LA talkin bout the rudeness in these boutiques and clothing stores, I swore that was only a FL thing, some spots have this elitist attitude about them. I feel like if I wasn't into shoes, I wouldn't even step one foot in your corny store and spend a dollar on those BS t-shirts and snapbacks. In NY I never had that experience.

Thanks fam. I know mad people use other people's faces for their avi's, but for some reason, I cannot shake the feeling that Black Thought is speaking to us every time you comment... 
I'm always picturing John00 as Black Thought too when I read his posts...like Black Thought is hella up on his SB game...hahaha.

Last edited:
I'm always picturing John00 as Black Thought too when I read his posts...like Black Thought is hella up on his SB game...hahaha.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 You guys are funny man. It'd be crazy if I was Black Thought though. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
so some guy told me he is selling some cheech and chongs in my size for $175 so i asked for some pics and here is what i got 
eyes.gif

roll.gif
           Maybe some people like that custom work (not I), but that's like buying an autograph with "Thanks for the support, Cornelius" above the signature. If my initials aren't N and whatever that other one was, I'm GOOD.
I honestly don't think so. Sure, we'll see GR Dunk SBs on the site but from what the local store manager was telling me, they have instore only releases that online stores won't have at all. It's a nice way of them to branch out though to people who don't have access to a local shop. If they decide to release QS's on their official website, you might as well kill support for your local stores.
Makes a lot of sense, but we can dream, can't we?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 You guys are funny man. It'd be crazy if I was Black Thought though. 
nerd.gif
No, what would be crazy is if you were a pimply-faced 14 yr old white kid. Now THAT would be crazy (no offense to pimply-faced 14 yr old white kids!).

(Officially Sanctioned Music Comment For The Night): That "Respiration" Remix verse/hook/beat tho... Top 5 song ALL-TIME?

No, what would be crazy is if you were a pimply-faced 14 yr old white kid. Now THAT would be crazy (no offense to pimply-faced 14 yr old white kids!).

(Officially Sanctioned Music Comment For The Night): That "Respiration" Remix verse/hook/beat tho... Top 5 song ALL-TIME?
Dude you just brought it back! Youtubing it now

Last edited:
LOL @ John schooling the employees.

About 18 months back, I was at this ghetto type mom and pop around my way because they often have deep sales on fitteds.

I'm waiting to see how long it would take for an employee to ask me if he can get me a size. I'm waiting a long while, standing directly in front of the hat shelf like I had my thumb up my butt. Finally, I think I'm going to get some help. But, instead, this fool is like, "Yo, fam, we got them Foams." (I think he was talking about the turquoise Pros at the time)

I hit him with the response - "Well, that's interesting, because judging by the rest of your stock, you clearly don't have the proper Nike account to carry them. Now, you wanna get me a 7 3/8 in these 4 and try to price gouge somebody else."

A few months ago I was in the Champs at Times Square picking something up for an NTer from out of town, and one of the employees comes up to me trying to sell me socks or shoe cleaner or something, and breaks the ice with, "Yo, that's a dope sweater. Where did you get that?". ...It was a freaking '92 Bear knit - it says RL 92 on the cot damn sweater!" Ultimate stoneface. I was like, "I dunno, probably an outlet in Pennsylvania a few years before your parents met."*

Vons NYC was my "local spot" for many years. (That's the place that made those "Queens" School of Hard Knocks t-shirts that got super popular in the late 90s/early 2000s. I was way cool with the owners and employees. After they closed, I became basically a nomad. I haven't even had a Foot Locker employee sale hook-up since like 2008. I don't regret it though. Kicking it and making BS chit chat with dudes I most likely don't/won't even like to save a few bucks here and there - forget it.

*EDIT - full disclosure, that could not have been the truth - there's no way I fit into anything I wore in 1992 at this day in age!

Last edited:
John00 never disappoints. Finally picked up the Birches and Sequoia for the low. I also peeped the Premier Joints
nerd.gif
but they only had a small size. Thanks again fam
No prob my dude. That's what this thread is ALL about. Repped!
I'm going to break the rules even further, but I think you guys will appreciate these.

Futura Blazer promo samples with hand-written specs.
Dope samples. Repped.

LOL @ John schooling the employees.

About 18 months back, I was at this ghetto type mom and pop around my way because they often have deep sales on fitteds.

I'm waiting to see how long it would take for an employee to ask me if he can get me a size. I'm waiting a long while, standing directly in front of the hat shelf like I had my thumb up my butt. Finally, I think I'm going to get some help. But, instead, this fool is like, "Yo, fam, we got them Foams." (I think he was talking about the turquoise Pros at the time)

I hit him with the response - "Well, that's interesting, because judging by the rest of your stock, you clearly don't have the proper Nike account to carry them. Now, you wanna get me a 7 3/8 in these 4 and try to price gouge somebody else."

A few months ago I was in the Champs at Times Square picking something up for an NTer from out of town, and one of the employees comes up to me trying to sell me socks or shoe cleaner or something, and breaks the ice with, "Yo, that's a dope sweater. Where did you get that?". ...It was a freaking '92 Bear knit - it says RL 92 on the cot damn sweater!" Ultimate stoneface. I was like, "I dunno, probably an outlet in Pennsylvania a few years before your parents met."*

Vons NYC was my "local spot" for many years. (That's the place that made those "Queens" School of Hard Knocks t-shirts that got super popular in the late 90s/early 2000s. I was way cool with the owners and employees. After they closed, I became basically a nomad. I haven't even had a Foot Locker employee sale hook-up since like 2008. I don't regret it though. Kicking it and making BS chit chat with dudes I most likely don't/won't even like to save a few bucks here and there - forget it.

*EDIT - full disclosure, that could not have been the truth - there's no way I fit into anything I wore in 1992 at this day in age!
Its even weird when I'm wearing something like some Space Jams and cats are like "Yo, where you get those at?". I should just say "****'s Sporting Goods" and keep it moving.   Like they really think I'm gonna be like "Champs, bro! They got 'em, RIGHT NOW!" or something. Come on, man. Why ask? As far as the salesman, it's that rote training; like, "Make chit chat with a customer. Ask them about something they're wearing.". They don't even actually think about what they're saying, they just say it to say something. I guess when you get older, u get much more economical with your word choices (at least I have).

Back
Top Bottom