2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

BIP pretty much nailed it, also even if you make 30-40 bucks, it's more money than just keeping it in the savings account, just gotta be smart with it.

Started my 4-day weekend today, have a good and safe weekend

Ahhh they look good with the black laces. I haven't worn mine yet but I did lace swap them. Will be rocking em soon.

Its even weird when I'm wearing something like some Space Jams and cats are like "Yo, where you get those at?". I should just say "****'s Sporting Goods" and keep it moving.   Like they really think I'm gonna be like "Champs, bro! They got 'em, RIGHT NOW!" or something. Come on, man. Why ask? As far as the salesman, it's that rote training; like, "Make chit chat with a customer. Ask them about something they're wearing.". They don't even actually think about what they're saying, they just say it to say something. I guess when you get older, u get much more economical with your word choices (at least I have).

You guys are rude. They are just asking where you get your gear from.

John00 - i am the opposite. I prefer when they dont ask for help. A sneaker store is never that big. Ill find an employee if I need one. When they ask if they can help me i assume it means "dont steal anything. We're watching you".

I usually go to a store and know what I want and dont really want the assistance, but I am definitely more likely to buy something when an employee will be like "hows it going, let me know if you need anything" than if Im ignored. Difficult situation from them though as each customer has different preferences. You dont want the guy creeping you out asking a million questions but you need some attention. 

Most ppl in sneaker stores don't know anything.

Was at champs like 3 weeks ago.. Looking at some Air Force 180's.. Guy walks up to me " oh... We just got those in!"... I'm like..these joints came out months ago..

Thats not too bad but still cant see me paying over 100$ for a shoe that cost 85$. The dude who you just talked down whats he makin a measly 30-40 bucks off this transaction ? 
At 130 (assuming that doesn't include ship, since it's ebay), he'll clear about 115 after fees. If he paid 90, yes, that's a measly" 25 bucks. ....That's one way of looking at it.

The other way of looking at it is that it is a ~30% profit in 7 days time.

Maybe I'm giving resellers lessons here, which could be frowned up. If so, I get that. I actually am not all that bothered by resllers - that's the free market economy. at work. ...Not that I don't have problems with unbridled capitalism, but that's discussion for another place.

Anyway, flipping kicks is like flipping drugs. It's not how much you make on the flip, but how often you re-up. You can hold out and squash the ishh out of your product, but all you are going to do is make yourself the last resort for the fiends and see that you take forever to move your joints. On the other hand, if you make your clientele happy, while maintaining a nice profit MARGIN, then you set yourself up for return business.

Regardless, it's most sensible to view the profit somebody makes from selling a shoe not in absolute terms, but those relative to the sellers cost.

I'm not saying anything either way about the kid selling the shoes, but just offering some food for thought as to how we view "the flip."
Yessir.
What up fellas, been a while since I last posted. Lost a close friend almost 4 weeks ago, he was killed right in front of his house during spring break and really hadn't been in the mood to post anything but was still caught up in the thread and continuously repping a handful of people with all the heat that was being posted. Slowly getting back in the midst of things and hopefully I can post regularly in this thread. 

Passed on the SPoT's to double up on the Concord sb's but only ended up getting one pair but I was happy I got my size and avoid the hassles of having to find someone to swap with. Decided to break them in right the next day and love them.
Nice pickup and sorry for your loss.
Oh yeah. Thanks to TJB679 and ridefourever
I need to stop playing games and cop these soon.

Disappointed in the Highs...

Anyone wanna help me out with a LC please, I've been looking for a while for these. I don't know if I want to pull the trigger, thanks.

They're a 10.5, If anyone know where I can get a better pair please PM me. I know I said I didn't want a 10.5 but I'm just gonna have to settle.

Thanks, any info is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are rude. They are just asking where you get your gear from.

John00 - i am the opposite. I prefer when they dont ask for help. A sneaker store is never that big. Ill find an employee if I need one. When they ask if they can help me i assume it means "dont steal anything. We're watching you".

I understand what you're saying but the fact that they followed me with their eyes for 5 minutes around the store and didn't bother to say anything and had stank attitudes when I walked in just compelled me to say something.

IMO,  When I walk into the shoe store, acknowledge the fact that you are aware that I am in the store with a greeting.  In that greeting, ask if I am looking for anything in particular.  Once I reply, I'm just looking, leave it at that.  If I need any further assistance, I make it a point to find the person that greeted me when I find what I am looking for, if that greeting went as previously stated!  If not, I find someone else or, if the greeting went horribly left, i.e., eyeballing me or following me around, I bebop my happy *** and my money to another location!!!

Disappointed in the Highs...

Anyone wanna help me out with a LC please, I've been looking for a while for these. I don't know if I want to pull the trigger, thanks.

They're a 10.5, If anyone know where I can get a better pair please PM me. I know I said I didn't want a 10.5 but I'm just gonna have to settle.

Thanks, any info is appreciated.

they are legit...what is the price? ill be able to tell u once i see the price fam.

they are legit...what is the price? ill be able to tell u once i see the price fam.

He wants 90+shipping (no extra laces), not really feeling that. I found 3 DS out in Cali from craigslist, but nobody wants to ship. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
YA'LL GOT ME IN TEARS!!! TOGUSA, THAT GIF THO! REPPED!

lol I got a few up my sleeve man. that alien dude is a trip tho.

What up fellas, been a while since I last posted. Lost a close friend almost 4 weeks ago, he was killed right in front of his house during spring break and really hadn't been in the mood to post anything but was still caught up in the thread and continuously repping a handful of people with all the heat that was being posted. Slowly getting back in the midst of things and hopefully I can post regularly in this thread.

Passed on the SPoT's to double up on the Concord sb's but only ended up getting one pair but I was happy I got my size and avoid the hassles of having to find someone to swap with. Decided to break them in right the next day and love them.

My condolences on your loss. Very fresh pic. Glad to see you're back and I hope things are looking up for you and the fam.

He wants 90+shipping (no extra laces), not really feeling that. I found 3 DS out in Cali from craigslist, but nobody wants to ship. Thanks.

I wouldn't bite on that 90....correct me if i'm wrong but didnt those hit the outlets alongside the goofy boy sb's?? If so I would try to get a DS pair off of CL. what size are you 10?

Back
Top Bottom