2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Big reason why I stay away from sneaker conventions. I love shoes and I have a love for the hobby, but I refuse to go by someone else's definition of "heat" or grade another man's collection I hate the term to be honest. Whenever I wear a shoe that's suddenly "rare" that I grabbed off clearance or ebay for dirt cheap years ago, people ask the dumbest questions. Theyre just shoes. Can't take em with you when you go so why treat one better than the other based off of some arbitrary "value" others place on them? Same people who buy a fancy whip just to look at it. Spending your money solely to humble brag is a pretty sad way to go through life.
exactly... i rock QS aswell as GR as long as i like it ill try and cop it

Lol Credit to a friend who sent me the pic.
I guess he couldn't sell his pairs off of Kixify...
mean.gif
Lol pittsburghkicks is a clown at least he's kinda creative I mean if enough ppl actually enter the raffle he could make a lot more then  selling them regularly....

Last edited:

THIS! I always tell people this when they bag on others for spending a high amount on a certain pair of kicks. It all comes down to how bad YOU really want the shoe, and how much money you have to spend!

There's always one salty dude with no money talking about "wowww I'd never pay more than retail for ANY shoe no matter what" lmfaoooo  
roll.gif
I don't know if you are referring to me, I'm not salty was just curious to know what he payed 
indifferent.gif
Nooooo I wasn't referring to you or anyone in here, just stating how I always see someone bashing someone else for spending THEIR money on a shoe.. Sorry for the confusion dog, not directed at you :smile:

Black thought, you might need to pull out the chair gif, if i remember your vegas pictures correctly you have the red lobsters right....Were those just an exclusive QS to concepts when they dropped?
Bruh, I have such a good story about that release, lol. Okay, Concepts drops pictures for the Red Lobsters like a couple months before the release, most people HATED the dunk. Then they announced that it was ONLY going to be available at Concepts and that there would "only be 200 pairs released in the world", hype mode......ACTIVATED. I remember EVERYONE thought it was going to be AN EASY $1,500 resell. Here's videos of the line up and resellers pricing them. Not many people were there to keep them. (The second video covers what the in-store version came with)

I thought they were nice but I wasn't going to fly to Boston for them. Nikes marketing back then was tight so people bought the story hook, line and sinker. Sadly, one of my friends (at the time) decided to pay $1,200 for them off EBay.
mean.gif
I told him not to do it because they weren't worth that much, and to give it time to see what would happen with the prices, but he told me NO. He let the hype overcome him and spent $1,200 the day after they released. Then he gets them and WOULD NOT stop bragging about how he has a SB that no one else has on the west coast, as if he knew that for a fact. Dude literally built a shrine to them in his room. All of a sudden our "collections were pitiful in comparison to his" (HIS EXACT WORDS), lol. He just became obnoxious. Well, two or three weeks after the Concepts release, skate shops started to receive FSR of the Red Lobsters as a QS, blogs followed with info. Resellers were stunned and resell prices dropped DRAMATICALLY. I will never forget his face when me and a couple of my other homies came from the local skate shop with our pairs.

I hit him with a.....

Last edited:
I used to get mad about kids like vasilegotkicks now there's no point in it anymore. The fact is having the shoes he has isn't impressive because he didn't work for them. And honestly there's a few IGers who I feel the same way about. I'm not gonna put names on blast but honestly there's no awe in shoes anymore.

Anybody can have a PE if they're willing to spend the money for it. I mean it's always been like that but now it seems so much easier. How many people have posted their Oregon Js or PE Lebron's? It used to be that shoes like this would wow people but now it doesn't. And I think it's because for a shoe that's supposed to be "limited" they seem really easy to get. IMO I'd be more impressed with someone who has a pristine set of early year SBs > all these PEs. And not the super hype ones like Heinekens, Tiffs cuz those are too easy. I mean like some super clean Supas, Zoo Yorks, Chocolates, etc. But that's just me. I'm not gonna hate on the kid for stuntin on IG that's what it was made for. But I won't respect him because he didn't put in work and he picked easy shoes to get those IG likes.

Exactly.

I've told stories in here about consignment shop owners basically admitting to me that their clientele wouldn't know what a Deftones Dunk was if I brought one in for him. Nike has really seized this perceived rarity opportunity and they have a bunch of automatons going nuts and puffing their chest over these "PEs" that are essentially mass produced, by PE standards at least. ...There are fewer Q-Rick/Sugar Ray 8s than half these Lebrons and those things released at House of Hoops!

Big reason why I stay away from sneaker conventions. I love shoes and I have a love for the hobby, but I refuse to go by someone else's definition of "heat" or grade another man's collection I hate the term to be honest. Whenever I wear a shoe that's suddenly "rare" that I grabbed off clearance or ebay for dirt cheap years ago, people ask the dumbest questions. Theyre just shoes. Can't take em with you when you go so why treat one better than the other based off of some arbitrary "value" others place on them? Same people who buy a fancy whip just to look at it. Spending your money solely to humble brag is a pretty sad way to go through life.

Yeah - I've never in my life been to a sneaker event. I'm sure there are deals to be had, and money to be made, but it feels like the epitome of lame to me. I'm from the era when this was a subculture, and the sneaker conventions are about as above ground, mainstream, watered down version of the culture as you can get. I just ain't interested in pretty much anything a 15 year old kid has to say about anything, sneakers included. ...I probably have more in common with their parents.

I guess he couldn't sell his pairs off of Kixify... :smh:

Same crap, different bowl.

Didn't the concepts red lobsters at least come with a skateboard or something?

I just ordered a pair of the ID Un supreme dunks (poor man supremes) I was wondering if Anyone knows if they run true to size?

Exactly.

Yeah - I've never in my life been to a sneaker event. I'm sure there are deals to be had, and money to be made, but it feels like the epitome of lame to me. I'm from the era when this was a subculture, and the sneaker conventions are about as above ground, mainstream, watered down version of the culture as you can get. I just ain't interested in pretty much anything a 15 year old kid has to say about anything, sneakers included. ...I probably have more in common with their parents.

Nice!!

Yo, anybody feel like giving JohnnyXDunks a call?

Think he's got the same cell number?
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't get it, does pittsburghkicks own a store or something? What's the purpose of a 'giveaway'?

I don't get it, does pittsburghkicks own a store or something? What's the purpose of a 'giveaway'?
He did one earlier with Concords that was apparantly a scam. People entered for $5 or whatever it was and he claimed he sent the pair to the winner, but people accused him for never sending out a pair in the first place and just profiting off the entries

He did one earlier with Concords that was apparantly a scam. People entered for $5 or whatever it was and he claimed he sent the pair to the winner, but people accused him for never sending out a pair in the first place and just profiting off the entries

Wrong. Ppl reposted his picture, there was no money involved

And MANY dudes on here were pissed cause they didnt win...but they did try

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom