2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

yeah might hold up but it´s definetly not good leather. thickly coated pig leather and details of croc print is also part of "quality" for me... I think the prices nike charges are just not fair. You can get shoes with decent leather for 80 or whatever... all about the hype...

Last edited:
I don't know how you all are like "yea barfs are easiest best cw ever" lol . they are called the barfs cuz when they came out everyone thought they were hideous. And they still are cw Clash's so much only thing good about them is prob quality
im trying to figure out the last sentence lol

This also makes me think of the same question I asked then, who here has any sort of background in tanning to speak with any sort of authority on the quality of leather?

@TonyDunks

Nice blue taxis buddy! I scooped those last year in our coveted size 12. Still haven't gotten around to wearing them, but I really like them. Really glad mine came with the gloves also. I mean let's be honest, we ain't never going to wear them, but it's a nice add-on to have haha. 

yeah might hold up but it´s definetly not good leather. thickly coated pig leather and details of croc print is also part of "quality" for me... I think the prices nike charges are just not fair. You can get shoes with decent leather for 80 or whatever... all about the hype...
Yeah that's what I said lol..it's not nice leather BUT it holds up well. Can't say that about some of the older JB retros from a year or 2 back with the leather. It would be cheap and crease weird

@TonyDunks

Nice blue taxis buddy! I scooped those last year in our coveted size 12. Still haven't gotten around to wearing them, but I really like them. Really glad mine came with the gloves also. I mean let's be honest, we ain't never going to wear them, but it's a nice add-on to have haha. 
Thanks brother! And yes, I think my pair will remain a conversation piece. 
roll.gif

This also makes me think of the same question I asked then, who here has any sort of background in tanning to speak with any sort of authority on the quality of leather?

I don't think one has to work in a tannery to be able to tell the difference in leather quality. Nike doesn't even use authentic leather any more, but I think I speak for a lot of us here when I say that the material used on the Tiff highs wasn't even passable...it was much closer to a plastic/PVC material than any type of leather I've ever felt.

I don't know how you all are like "yea barfs are easiest best cw ever" lol . they are called the barfs cuz when they came out everyone thought they were hideous. And they still are cw Clash's so much only thing good about them is prob quality
That's what ties this group of shoes together for me. Each one is a set of unlikely color combos that to my eye really work together.  There are some well thought of dunks around here that I just can't see, but that's what makes the world go around. To each his own and salute.

I've always thought barfs looked pretty good. lol I can see how some wouldn't like them though but, I like dark colors when mixed together nicely like on barfs.

My humble collection, starting w/ the Diamond High's. Not even close to whar you all have. But I'm trying haha. Got rid of every Jordan I had minus a couple the ex wife gave me (sentimental reasons). I was hugely into SB 2004- 2008 then lost the love. Got tired of raffles and RSVP with Jordan. SB is fun to collect and much easier than Jordan. Glad I came back.

Well, that's fair... I own both of the pairs you called out as dodgy; and the quality my pairs are great. I guess it's all down to the shoe lottery. Some people get good pairs, other's aren't so lucky.
This actually can happen. I'd say it's rare that two people get such opposing quality but it is possible. Sometimes it is just personal preference/experience, too.
I think so too. People didn't complain as much about the leather but more about the detail of the croc skin and how on the highs the lack of detail made it look cheap. The leather isn't good but it holds up nicely so I can't complain
My beef wasn't the print, color, or anything. Just that pleather. I always air my gripes about the shoe but it was seriously bad. That being said, they did hold up well to abuse (because they were plastic, not leather) which is a definite bonus for rain boots (@StillIn729) :tongue:
I don't think one has to work in a tannery to be able to tell the difference in leather quality. Nike doesn't even use authentic leather any more, but I think I speak for a lot of us here when I say that the material used on the Tiff highs wasn't even passable...it was much closer to a plastic/PVC material than any type of leather I've ever felt.
agreed one hunnit.
sometimes I think people just want to bash the Tiffany High's because it's the cool thing to do because of the hype behind them
You know me too well :-D
My humble collection, starting w/ the Diamond High's. Not even close to whar you all have. But I'm trying haha. Got rid of every Jordan I had minus a couple the ex wife gave me (sentimental reasons). I was hugely into SB 2004- 2008 then lost the love. Got tired of raffles and RSVP with Jordan. SB is fun to collect and much easier than Jordan. Glad I came back.
That's a nice little collection. Start looking at older stuff. You can find old DS or PADS pairs for near current SB retail prices and it's totally worth it! and I agree with you that SB's still have some of the fun and community aspect left which is part of the reason I love them so much.

Super random. I need rep laces for Bueller's. Got my hands on the kicks but no leopard laces. My *** hurts. Someone please help me alleviate this dilemma.

Back
Top Bottom