2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I wasn't into sbs until my boy in high school used to come in every day with a new pair. So many dope pairs that really caught my eyes

Mainly purple pigeons
Griptapes
Newcastles
Jedis
Border blues
November rains
Donatellos

Last edited:
Dunks are relatively new to me compared to most who have been posting. Growing up where I did, there were no stores that got SB dunks. I stumbled across them on eBay, I never saw them in person (and still don't). It would be hard to name a single colorway that first caught my eye on eBay, but the Loons were my first cop.

Before dunks, it was Jordan's for me. That was what was hot at the local boutique, and all they really got. In the last year and a half though, I've really swung towards sb dunks, and rarely buy J's anymore. Part of the reason is the quality is better, and the price point is better. The main reason though is the sense of community here, as well as them not being as hyped, and thus easier to obtain. I've kinda got burned out on Jordan's, just too much work to get what you want, especially up here in Canada.

Last edited:
Flashes, wheat Forbes, and supremes were my first loves. Crazy how I was more into SBs rather than jordans in high school (prime of SB...02 to 06), but now that I've gotten older and sb's aren't as appealing to me I've been buying more jordans and runners. Still waiting on de la lows.. Those remind me of the good old days of Nike SB.

Last edited:
Dunks are relatively new to me compared to most who have been posting. Growing up where I did, there were no stores that got SB dunks. I stumbled across them on eBay, I never saw them in person (and still don't). It would be hard to name a single colorway that first caught my eye on eBay, but the Loons were my first cop.

Before dunks, it was Jordan's for me. That was what was hot at the local boutique, and all they really got. In the last year and a half though, I've really swung towards sb dunks, and rarely buy J's anymore. Part of the reason is the quality is better, and the price point is better. The main reason though is the sense of community here, as well as them not being as hyped, and thus easier to obtain. I've kinda got burned out on Jordan's, just too much work to get what you want, especially up here in Canada.

I agree, there is definitely more of a sense of community within NIke SB. I actually sold all of my Jordan's cause I got tired of seeing the same thing over and over again! plus, it was so aggravating waking up early as **** on a Saturday to click refresh 99 times only to still end up waiting an hour for the shoe to still not be available lol

I have a very curious question to you guys. Am I the only person who collects SB dunks that doesnt skate? I just love the design of the dunk highs and how similar it is to the Air Jordan 1s which I also like but favor the dunks more just because it has more colorways.

I mostly rode Bmx. But skated when there was a board laying around.. But we don't judge here.

This is a Suede Dunk Low week for me.
First up this week: Caves.

These look good! REPPED

first pair for me - heinekens....dude who got me into skating...rodney mullin..still one of the GOATs

I learned about Nike SB through actual skating during HS when some of my friends were skating Tres. I didn't start liking dunks till I saw em in a few skate parts and I saw a dude in college wearing De La Highs. My first actual pair of SBs were Mocha PRod 2s Caught em for $30 at Nike Outlet. But First Dunks I bought were Blue Box Venoms. Started with typical black/white CW to see how I'd like the fit overall been hooked since.

Enjoying the iron low love going around lol I have white laces in mine. They do very well with the color blocking. The blue laces just didn't look good to me and the grey seemed like too much grey IMO.

I learned about Nike SB through actual skating during HS when some of my friends were skating Tres. I didn't start liking dunks till I saw em in a few skate parts and I saw a dude in college wearing De La Highs. My first actual pair of SBs were Mocha PRod 2s Caught em for $30 at Nike Outlet. But First Dunks I bought were Blue Box Venoms. Started with typical black/white CW to see how I'd like the fit overall been hooked since.
blue box venoms...still one of the MOST COMFORTABLE pairs I've ever owned....RIP

First pair of SB's? It would be these I got in HS.

I still have them and they're in good shape still. I'll edit this post later tonight with a pic of my pair.

I do however, have to point out the pair that really started my sneaker fever back in middle school. My parents bought these for me around '03 I believe. I've already shared these here but man did I enjoy them. The leather is something else.

EDIT: I mever skated in SB's, but I did have Osiris, Emerica, and éS skate shoes. Was never that good, did it mainly to get out with friends. Have plenty of good memories from those days. Nobody skated in SB's then, they were too new and no one liked them.

Walter..

Last edited:
I was only into basketball sneakers in jr high and high school during the 90's. After a couple years in college, I had amassed a large collection and quit around 1998. Didn't seriously look into sneakers again until recently around 2013/2014 so I missed the SB craze entirely. The Lance Mountain collab with Jordan brand and the CNY YotH pair opened my eyes. Now I'm slowly building my SB rotation. 

Last edited:
First SBs I bought were the Team Red Delta Forces back in 2004.  There was a Fishbone in a mall that I used to work at, and I remember going in almost every day, and passing on lots of Dunks.  I was naive back then, and was only into Nike Basketball/Air Maxes/Running/Jordans(ugh).

Then More Skateboards opened, and I bought my first dunks-the Oompas and Cinco de Mayos. From then on, they held me down on all the releases, until they closed back in 2010 or 11(can't remember exactly when).

Okay, because y'all are always helpful....

Sold a pair of kicks on the bay last night, but it told me to wait to ship this morning and that the payment was "Under Review". Buyer has 100% feedback (but only 5 feedback). Looks like it takes 24 hours to either be cleared or cancelled. 

Sold quite a bit of things on ebay and never had this happen. I assume once they clear it and say it's OK to Ship that as long as I do my usual signature confirmation, etc, that I should be good/covered. Anyone have any experience with this "Under Review" stuff?

Sold a pair of kicks on the bay last night, but it told me to wait to ship this morning and that the payment was "Under Review". Buyer has 100% feedback (but only 5 feedback). Looks like it takes 24 hours to either be cleared or cancelled. 

Sold quite a bit of things on ebay and never had this happen. I assume once they clear it and say it's OK to Ship that as long as I do my usual signature confirmation, etc, that I should be good/covered. Anyone have any experience with this "Under Review" stuff?

yeah wait until Paypal gives you the OK to ship, it's usual random via Paypal with new users, as long as you cover your bases such as sig confirmation, etc. and the buyer turns out to be fraudulent then Paypal will eat the charges

First pair for me were fender bass, got them in canada at an outlet + some student discount my cousin had. They were so comfortable 
nthat.gif

I remember the first pair of SBs I saw were the Hawaiis and I thought they were hideous.

First pair I bought was Aqua Chalks used off eBay for cheap to see if I liked the shoe style. And I did but didn't buy more for years.

Found this website last year after googling for a Nike outlet findings forum. Remembered hearing of NT from back in the mid-00's when I was on ISS and this place was looked at like the enemy.

I had gotten out of sneakers in college due to lack of funds and other interests that took over (girlfriend who is now my wife).

First forum I ventured to was the JB side and noticed that things had changed since I walked away - quality down prices up resellers everywhere. Last pair I bought was the Cool Grey XI's some years back. Found the SB thread next and been here since. Bought a pair of those black/grey/venom highs to see if I still liked the shoe style since it had been redone. Up to 4 pairs now. I like a lot of the highs that have been made but can't justify to myself owning too many of the same shoe style. Bought a pair of lows recently but didn't like the fit so will be sticking to highs for the forseeable future. I primarily wear runners though and whatever I find at the Outlet or Ross that I like. I still love sneakers but being a newlywed and wanting to buy a house others things come first so not spending like I did.

Last edited:

yeah wait until Paypal gives you the OK to ship, it's usual random via Paypal with new users, as long as you cover your bases such as sig confirmation, etc. and the buyer turns out to be fraudulent then Paypal will eat the charges

^^Agreed, sometimes eBay places weird holds on low feedback accounts, did it say if he paid with an check?

I really like this SB from the tape box era... I Ruined my last pair cleaning floors so I am glad to have acquired another [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Remembered hearing of NT from back in the mid-00's when I was on ISS and this place was looked at like the enemy.

Hahaha I remember the ISS/NT feud. Never really understood it, didn't really care to. I was very active on ISS back then, in 2011 I finally joined NT but not long after I got tired of the sneaker hype and sold more than half my sneakers off.

Now I very much prefer NT, ISS isn't the same and actually neither is NT..both are very different from back then.

Didn't get the sneaker bug again until early last year with runners and JB, and early this year caught the SB bug again as well when I saw Tiff highs released last year lol

Walter..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom