2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

So... I'm curious. Can anyone name SB dunks that were slept on for a whole year and then all of a sudden became a must-cop?

1st series were easily obtainable for retail then a year later Supa's and Forbes were pushing $400+

I sold my 2nd pair of Supa's for $700 in 2004 and still regret it

Last edited:
The entire orange box series outside supremes
Sometimes I wonder if the Supremes were the reason why SB dunks became popular.
1st series were easily obtainable for retail then a year later Supa's and Forbes were pushing $400+

I sold my 2nd pair of Supa's for $700 in 2004 and still regret it
I feel your pain, I sold my Tiffany's for $375 to a local that really wanted the sneaker.
What box era? I'm sure you'll get a bunch of different options on "must-cop" though.
I should have excluded the orange, silver, and pink boxes. 

Sometimes I wonder if the Supremes were the reason why SB dunks became popular.
Nope. Tiffany's ruined sneaker culture. That's what sparked our current climate, but it's going back down because it's not "cool" like before especially with resell prices going down.

Dunk campouts were an hour, if that, and usually sat. Grey boxes picked up steam but them Diamonds made dudes forget about Jordans.

Last edited:

Pretty cool article on Wired.com about Nike's degrading over time and what it means for collector's. 

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/sneakers/
Interesting and something more people who want ogs to wear should read.

I never really got the appeal. I usually feel like knowing about them at all is cool enough. Owning and maintaining makes it a job and an expense. 

Now that I rethink on it, it'd be cool if something like a jedi high came out around the next star wars release

Nope. Tiffany's ruined sneaker culture. That's what sparked our current climate, but it's going back down because it's not "cool" like before especially with resell prices going down.

Dunk campouts were an hour, if that, and usually sat. Grey boxes picked up steam but them Diamonds made dudes forget about Jordans.
I'm going to axe your diamond dunk suggestion and go with the yeezy.

Those have had and continue to have the highest times their retail as a resale price. People line up weekly, and wait on nikes site daily for a shot at a shoe that will sell 10 times its retail regularly. 

Diamond dunks made it harder for sbs until the gold box era, but the yeezy sent shocks through all of sneakers permanently sadly. (and trust I'm the last person to give kanye or his antics credit for anything but that had a huge influence on one to rock one to stock changing to one to rock FSR on ebay)

Last edited:
I'm going to axe your diamond dunk suggestion and go with the yeezy.
Those have had and continue to have the highest times their retail as a resale price. People line up weekly, and wait on nikes site daily for a shot at a shoe that will sell 10 times its retail regularly. 

Diamond dunks made it harder for sbs until the gold box era, but the yeezy sent shocks through all of sneakers permanently sadly. 

Yeezy 1 werenot even super hyped i remember i trade Old loves and a pair of skated supreme orange Hi for them yeezy 1s now you have to give half your collection for yeezy shoes lol

So... I'm curious. Can anyone name SB dunks that were slept on for a whole year and then all of a sudden became a must-cop?
Would the 3M highs kind of fit this description?

Also, the Black Sheep PIFs would've likely gone this route if not for the canceling

Tiffany Dunks were the predecessor for everything you see happening now, I have no doubts about it

SB was at the peak levels of hype and this would the 1st shoe that the masses went crazy over to resell, you have Supreme Dunks selling for $400 or so but that's because you couldn't get them at every shop with an SB account

If you were around in 2005, the Tiffany thread was wild :lol:

It's all to hard to attribute to one release. General sneaker hype? Too many releases, and too many have stories. Like diamonds have hype but don't have pigeon level story behind em (  )

Back
Top Bottom