2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Everytime I see a picture of the corks its 50% love for the upper and then that sole just makes me cringe.

I was really hoping a sz 12 would be up for grabs from a shop. I dont want to give anymore of my money to NDC for awhile because of some less than favorable items I have recveived this year. Plus.. I'd much rather keep supporting the shops then continue to contribute to Nike's millions in profit.

A large part of me is about ready to step away from these Mags and move on... I got that devil and angel on my shoulder thing going on today.

Last edited:
Just opened up my DLS lows. They're BEAUTIFUL, but they fit TIGHT...like I should've gotten a 9.5. They're fine without the insole, but I wear insoles in my shoes. Anybody know where I can grab a 9.5 for retail? I'm sad.  I HATE this new tooling. The ankle padding is worse than the tongue and is what I suspect is pushing me up a size larger. I have NEVER purchased a sz 9.5 mens in anything but these are snug. Even my Fast times are a 9.

Not shop sponsored or anything but as dunks goes really any but my preference is towards mids and highs for ankle support. As of right now I'm skating Af1s, insoles are surprisingly good imo.

i tried messing with high's, but feel constricted in the ankle when trying to turn it to slide my foot across the board. like i can't turn it as quick compared to lows.  i'm also not very good though.  am i doing it wrong? haha

i tried messing with high's, but feel constricted in the ankle when trying to turn it to slide my foot across the board. like i can't turn it as quick compared to lows.  i'm also not very good though.  am i doing it wrong? haha
I like the high because of the ankle support, but it definitely has a bit of constriction when making some quick foot placement. Once they're broken in fully, it's hardly noticeable

So few skate shoes nowadays offer decent ankle support, but the trend is definitely geared more towards slim, low profile, vulc soles

Mid is my favorite dunk. Decent amount of ankle support without too much constriction, and if you want more, you can tighten down the strap for lockdown. I usually cut the straps off, but I think mids came without straps for a minute.

I haven't skated a new tooled dunk high or mid tho, the old ones had much better shape for lace protection and board feel

Last edited:
There's a 10.5 in the for sale section on here. Maybe you can talk them down on price, it's a little high ($160 shipped).
Thanks for the info. I'm going to try my luck tomorrow on NDC first, I've had pretty decent success on some popular releases so I'm not totally devoid of hope but if things don't turn out, tha'ts not a bad deal compared to some of the other prices.

Small restock of DLS

Exodus
2051 Silas Creek Pkwy, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Open today 12:00 – 8:00 pm
(336) 748-9712
Repped! Haven't been postin' much, but most def I've been lurking in this forum for the past couple of days to scoop up a pair of De La Soul Lows. I caved in after seeing everyones' post about how "superb" the "quality"  was. I guess I'll find out next week. 
tongue.gif
 Glad to see many people helping each other out in this thread. Keep it up guys!

I like the high because of the ankle support, but it definitely has a bit of constriction when making some quick foot placement. Once they're broken in fully, it's hardly noticeable

So few skate shoes nowadays offer decent ankle support, but the trend is definitely geared more towards slim, low profile, vulc soles

Mid is my favorite dunk. Decent amount of ankle support without too much constriction, and if you want more, you can tighten down the strap for lockdown. I usually cut the straps off, but I think mids came without straps for a minute.

I haven't skated a new tooled dunk high or mid tho, the old ones had much better shape for lace protection and board feel
forgot, i actually messed with the LM's on the board and felt much diff than my shields.

but what u need ankel support for when skating?  Only thing i could think of is when u bang it with the board, there's more coverage to protect u.

I wonder why Nike decided to go to a low with the McFlys when one of the standout designs on the Air Mags were how high they were.

A high could have given the sneaker a more authenic look. 

Last edited:

I wonder why Nike decided to go to a low with the McFlys when one of the standout designs on the Air Mags were how high they were.

Last edited:

I think it was putting them out in the same colorway more so than trying to authenticate the original.  IMO they still look really good especially in hand.

Back
Top Bottom