2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I am praying for a restock. I don't care if these end up being the most widely released GR. I just want them. Waterproof leather, fat tongue and pink box is icing on the cake for these.

What I don't understand are people commenting about how lame this shoe is and how it is nothing without the pigeon. Ya'll need to understand the pigeon is what symbolizes the shoe, it is what brings people back to the the SB days. You can apply the same silly logic to most these collabs, folks. Take away the XX from the Kaws 4 and what do you get? Some wool 3s status shoes? If you are gonna judge a shoe, judge it as a whole, the pigeon is a part of it and there is deep history in that pigeon and the shoe it is on in the shoe community. You can't claim to be an OG dunk head without acknowledging the pigeon.
Totally agree. 90% of the entire SB line loses its significance w/o the collaboration and inspiration behind the actual shoe. For me anyway, its what has made these releases special.

For this release, I share the same outcome as most...struck out EVERYWHERE, to include my local skateshop which is still communicating that "they'll get their shoes in this upcoming week". Went ahead and bit the bullet on resale ($235 on StockX)...just in case. Staple x Nike is still a significant collab in this line so b/c of that I'm ok w/ the price. Hopefully it restocks...or hopefully (as is usually the trend nowadays w/ SBs) resale drops to $30-$50 over retail max! If so I'll grab a 2nd pair definitely.

opinions on this?

debating on picking this up
see it on a site right now for below retail
atmos-x-staple-final.png

Totally agree. 90% of the entire SB line loses its significance w/o the collaboration and inspiration behind the actual shoe. For me anyway, its what has made these releases special.

For this release, I share the same outcome as most...struck out EVERYWHERE, to include my local skateshop which is still communicating that "they'll get their shoes in this upcoming week". Went ahead and bit the bullet on resale ($235 on StockX)...just in case. Staple x Nike is still a significant collab in this line so b/c of that I'm ok w/ the price. Hopefully it restocks...or hopefully (as is usually the trend nowadays w/ SBs) resale drops to $30-$50 over retail max! If so I'll grab a 2nd pair definitely.

If you feel that strongly about the pigeon then what about all the other shoes he's released with the same logo on it? If seeing that logo on these shoes really brings you back, for me personally, I'd take that money and actually buy a pair that means something to me and not something that just references it. Go buy some homers or bisons or hunters. Actually you can probably buy 2 of the 3 for the same amount.

guys lets cool it, pigeon release is over.

sbs are still dead and lets keep it that way, the hype felt tiring and very un-enjoyable for us sb heads.

ah well.

Till the medicom release next month...
Those medicoms are gonna flop if they don't hype them to the extent they hyped these pigeons lol

I’m slightly worried this hype has brought new people in that will start buying up old pairs, raising their prices....
I kinda decided I need some clean Tiff lows and working towards WTDs
So I’m hoping pricing stays low
i am hoping they will go back to what they were doing before this release. The name and history def brought out a lot of the crowd that follows the hype.

If you feel that strongly about the pigeon then what about all the other shoes he's released with the same logo on it? If seeing that logo on these shoes really brings you back, for me personally, I'd take that money and actually buy a pair that means something to me and not something that just references it. Go buy some homers or bisons or hunters. Actually you can probably buy 2 of the 3 for the same amount.

Not discussing the "other shoes" as I was trying to stick to this release. But I don't disagree w/ you. I got into SB's a little late ('05), but to me those releases you mentioned are very significant...again the inspiration and story behind the release is what makes the shoe. In this case w/ this release the original Pigeon was huge (we all know that). Just as was the original Tiffany release. So Nike trying to recapture those moments w/ these re-release/remix of the the original is nostalgic...I think.

On another note, these last 5-6 years have allowed me to catch steals on releases from the past. So I don't mind SB's staying "dead" at all!

Not discussing the "other shoes" as I was trying to stick to this release. But I don't disagree w/ you. I got into SB's a little late ('05), but to me those releases you mentioned are very significant...again the inspiration and story behind the release is what makes the shoe. In this case w/ this release the original Pigeon was huge (we all know that). Just as was the original Tiffany release. So Nike trying to recapture those moments w/ these re-release/remix of the the original is nostalgic...I think.

On another note, these last 5-6 years have allowed me to catch steals on releases from the past. So I don't mind SB's staying "dead" at all!

Been great these last few years back tracking on missed releases.

So I didn’t buy my first dunk until 2014..... I missed all the good times

Late to the party for sure, but my life was quite different in the 2000’s
Can’t imagine chasing shoes during those years, would have caused lots of problems with the ex FOR SURE

I am quite ok with being here during the dark times

Back
Top Bottom