2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

For those of you who were able to score the BP, black or alternate laces? I’m kinda torn which one to lace my pair up with, normally I go with all black to keep it simple but the 2nd pair of laces look really good to me.

Did a Photoshop

I hope these come out soon....

Nike SB Dunk low 'UNKLES" 2018

ENJOY!

unkleslow final.jpg

88d.gif

def would double up on those. nice work homey.

LPU: little scuff near the embroidered pigeon and stiff AF but im not complaining. thanks to the homey @Red Run for helping me out on getting these.
2017DunkSbPigeon.jpg

Last edited:
**WARNING, got into it and wound up writing an essay**

It's funny reading all of these posts hypothesizing on what can drum up sustained hype for Nike SB again.

Unfortunately, it will never be the same.

Nike caught lighting in a bottle with the original SB run. It was the right product at the right time and it took the industry by storm.
Story telling utilizing symbolism, colorways, and materials was rare 15 years ago—making the SB line so unique.
Today, it is the driving force behind most releases. Every major brand has taken this concept and ran with it.

Brands are quick to slap a nickname and/or collaborator onto a sneaker and call it a day.
Just look at the most coveted releases over the past decade or so.
It has become massively influencer based with Adidas/Kanye and Nike/Virgil as shining examples of this.

This isn't exactly a bad thing—more like an evolution of what Nike SB helped lay the foundation for.
Rare, exclusive and surprise releases were hallmarks of Nike SB.
SBs were appealing because they were a departure from the norm and had an underground, subculture appeal.

The cat is out of the bag now and the game has changed.
What made SB different back then, is now mainstream fodder.
Couple that with increased distribution, downgraded materials, and an extremely uncomfortable retooling and you have the recipe for what we are presented with today.

I'm glad Nike hasn't taken the route of retroing past colorways 1 for 1.
It's one of the few retro stones that Nike has decided to leave unturned for now and I appreciate that.
You can't force feed the magic that the first few series created. It must be organic.

Who knows, maybe one day a popular "influencer" will spark an awakening of the Nike Dunk that creates a massive wave of nostalgia for these sneakers.
It's certainly not out of the question, but you will never see anything like the Dunk SBs initial run—it's one of those things where you just had to be there.

has staple sent anything out yet? not a peep from them. imagine my excitement when I get 30 emails from STAPLES every day.

Back
Top Bottom