2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Your size 13 won’t go down in value. Once hype goes away it will be difficult to sell, but somebody would cop, 13s are unicorns

yea the size 13 struggle is real lol

and back in the day getting a 13 was no easy task and even today it’s still one of the least produced sizes even with them ramping up production more for it And more and more people actually wearing the size now a days

so rarity yea I agree unicorns but will they still yield the same money as currently is unlikely sans maybe a what the dunk for example

plus shoes are perishable items by nature and don’t hold up well

granted dunk are one of the shoes that do actually age well and stay together like air forces so the life span is elongated compared to most shoes

but will dunks hold their value? The market for those old enough to have lived through it has proven it’s been WAY up to WAY down to super way up currently

so it’s rather unpredictable

I compare it to the Air Force market 17 years ago was FIRE around sb blowing up Air Force 1’s we’re MOVING mad collabo and euro exclusives people were reselling them for double or more back then

that lastEd for a few years then died out and till right now hasn’t Recovered

granted af1 diehards exist still topic on here is proof but it’s nowhere near what it was hell most of the topic currently is obtaining forces from the era/time frame I mention lol

but “grails” like say K dice dragon forces use to be like a 2K shoe if you was lucky 1.2K depending on size

I last seen(looked) for one like a year ago was sitting for 400

and I know some more recent force stuff does yield the old hype and aftermarket like clots etc..

but overall that shoe doesn’t have the same market value it once did outside of diehards

now in a year or two could it be the “new sb” craze? Sure

but we don’t know for sure either way lol

yea the size 13 struggle is real lol

and back in the day getting a 13 was no easy task and even today it’s still one of the least produced sizes even with them ramping up production more for it And more and more people actually wearing the size now a days

so rarity yea I agree unicorns but will they still yield the same money as currently is unlikely sans maybe a what the dunk for example

plus shoes are perishable items by nature and don’t hold up well

granted dunk are one of the shoes that do actually age well and stay together like air forces so the life span is elongated compared to most shoes

but will dunks hold their value? The market for those old enough to have lived through it has proven it’s been WAY up to WAY down to super way up currently

so it’s rather unpredictable

I compare it to the Air Force market 17 years ago was FIRE around sb blowing up Air Force 1’s we’re MOVING mad collabo and euro exclusives people were reselling them for double or more back then

that lastEd for a few years then died out and till right now hasn’t Recovered

granted af1 diehards exist still topic on here is proof but it’s nowhere near what it was hell most of the topic currently is obtaining forces from the era/time frame I mention lol

but “grails” like say K dice dragon forces use to be like a 2K shoe if you was lucky 1.2K depending on size

I last seen(looked) for one like a year ago was sitting for 400

and I know some more recent force stuff does yield the old hype and aftermarket like clots etc..

but overall that shoe doesn’t have the same market value it once did outside of diehards

now in a year or two could it be the “new sb” craze? Sure

but we don’t know for sure either way lol
Dunks won’t fall off like air forces, at least not the older ones. If you wanna get rid of em you know who to hit up :lol:

This new SB wave is so phony.
What pushed it over the edge to where these shoes are going for exponentially more than they were a couple months ago.? Nothing constituted this crap except the latest flavor of the month rap act.

It’s pushed me away from enjoying the hobby
more than I ever have. The 350 V2 wave and AJ1 wave
Is irritating to say the least but this truly was the nail in the coffin exposing what this hobby has come to. Someone needing to be told “what’s hot”. The self expression is done.

What pushed it over the edge to where these shoes are going for exponentially more than they were a couple months ago.? Nothing constituted this crap except the latest flavor of the month rap act.

Is irritating to say the least but this truly was the nail in the coffin exposing what this hobby has come to. Someone needing to be told “what’s hot”. The self expression is done.
Couldnt have said it better.

I blame social media :nerd:

Got these from a legit skate shop raffle. I think the bike employee hit the glue button twice. Saw a little glue stain and decided to get a uv light and just wow. All around both shoes. I know their meant for skaters but dam these soles ain’t going no where Full video
Mine is exactly the same too. Nike needs to step up their QC

all of this.

after sitting here hitting refresh on shoe palace for hours which came after taking L's on every raffle I filled out plus snkrs plus the foot sites...I don't have the energy to go into how irritating it is to cop sb's nowadays but yeah. its infuriating.

stuff nobody wanted is like 500+ now. its just disgusting.

**** it I had mine at the time I wanted them. If I ever sold a pair it was to get something else. That's how I had to do when I was young and still kinda what I have to do now that I only have an apartment and not all the space in the world. In the meantime I'll go down memory lane a little.

cktaxi.jpg

Got the c&ks in 2012 VNDS from a solecollector user in Amsterdam, I think his name was shotgun12. I paid like $250 shipped. Sold them cheap in like 2014.
Got the tokyo taxis DS from flight club in 2011. Spent literally my last dollar on them - they came out to $174 and change after tax, I had $175. I wore those to death over the next 5 years.

ghost1.jpg

$100 VNDS from rif.la in 2011. Matched my HS baseball colors perfectly. This was the only pair of dunks that ever fell apart on me, the rubber midsole actually cracked where the stitching was.

ave1.jpg

Got these cheap from my cousin in 2011. Traded for something else.

nord1.jpg

Thrifted these for $25. Wound up selling soon after, they were a size too big.

collec71712.jpg

This was my "collection" right before I started my freshman year of college. Pretty solid for an 18 year old who worked part time for minimum wage.

Its not even older pairs. I just sold the corduroy and true berry GRs from just last year for 350 and 250 made after fees respectively. I'm not even trying to sell ****, I have just thrown all my DS **** on goat with these crazy prices and people are biting.

Corduroy for $350?! I am selling my pair :lol:

It must’ve been around this time last year I started skating again because I had no dunks at the time and grabbed the orange label lows in white to skate in. They were easy to grab for retail. I’ve been on a dumb SB buying spree since then :lol: If I didn’t start skating again I would never have ventured in this thread.

I was big into SB ‘03-‘12. I dunno how things were from ‘12 to ‘19 but most of what I’ve seen released looked pretty wack.

In the short span of a year I’ve been back in I’ve seen it get out of control. But I feel like a lot of ill pairs have been dropped too. I hear a lot of people saying the dunk hype because of Travis and other rappers. Me personally, I don’t feel that way. But I’m an older head and remember when I was young wanted to dress like Kanye, Pharrell, etc... so I get it.

I've been cashing out on old dunks and just buying random stuff that I like, **** what anyone else thinks is hot. As long as you're doing that for yourself and no one else, this ish will always be fun in my opinion.

Attachments

• 20200508_220052.jpg
    20200508_220052.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200506_191921.jpg
    20200506_191921.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200505_205903.jpg
    20200505_205903.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200503_104126.jpg
    20200503_104126.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 20200407_150503.jpg
    20200407_150503.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 174
Yuppp just said that in the presto thread, I could see it w the big presto year coming up

All it takes is a dope collaboration and a relevant "influencer" to start sporting them again and you'll have people flocking to pay for old Prestos like people are doing for old SB Dunks now :nerd:

Well I take that back, it's not THAT easy, but that's gonna get the wheel spinning.

really weird how sbs are so popular now. I always felt sbs were a niche type model. Its real hype ish now lol. They like pokemon cards now with all these colors and what not. I remember when the only way to get the cool sbs to find the cool stores and camp. Now they everywhere due to the internet. Crazy how many youtubers have “early pairs” of sbs. Im done with sneakers lol. No hate, just fatigue and bit of disgust
SB's were the biggest thing years ago and then faded

I always chalked it up to gimmick concepts but they are releases a lot of gimmick concepts now and they're coming through like a hurricane right now

well sadly it just goes to show that manufactured hype is a real thing

ive argued this for years with people and mind you I’m actually in the damn shoe business lol

Think supreme doing a airmax 98 then Nike having a 98 roll out of colors afterwards was coincidental?

they used supreme name to manufacture hype for the model and then just hit the go button

prior to the supreme 98 collabo only super die hard air max heads cared about a 98 or even knew that model existed to be real

and it worked 98’s did well after that

Now look at dunks in general not even just SB

in like 2004 GR dunks were released regularly along sb models and a ton of GR dunks were FIRE

then dunks ramped down where zero GR dunks were being released

the sb line hit a brick wall with creativity and was seemingly abandoned

fast forward to now and a contracted collaborator starts rocking them and manufactures hype

coincidentally Nike starts dropping old dunks again and ramped up creativity department and releases of sb dunks at the same time?

riiiiight lol

plus the fact that sb accounts have always been far and few between where you can’t just get a sb at just any local footlocker etc...

was a perfect recipe for that instant exclusivity to coincide with it

and the masses eat it up

the aftermarket now being absurd just shows what people will do to ride a trend at whatever cost it is

I had 2 pairs of stussy sb back in the day one I beat and sold worn and a DS pair I sold off the DS pair I maybe got $250 for years ago as that was never a shoe that did huge money

That shoe today is 2.5K

which is nuts

I recall when Tiffany dunk lows for $250 was considered a wild high price lol

croatianstule had Paris dunks for 850-1300 for sale on eBay back on the day and everyone laughed at him like are you on crack?

now look lol

I had 2 pairs of stussy sb back in the day one I beat and sold worn and a DS pair I sold off the DS pair I maybe got $250 for years ago as that was never a shoe that did huge money
That shoe today is 2.5K
which is nuts
I recall when Tiffany dunk lows for $250 was considered a wild high price lol
croatianstule had Paris dunks for 850-1300 for sale on eBay back on the day and everyone laughed at him like are you on crack?
now look lol

This is probably why people don't rock the kicks they buy :smh:

This is probably why people don't rock the kicks they buy :smh:

honestly to be 100% real with you

people don’t wear their shoes because the clout to say “I have such and such DS” and showing it off has more value to people than wearing a shoe to the ground

as long as they have that shoe or many shoes that are big hype and DS they can always break it out as a stunt over and over and it never gets old

the self inflicted elitism of I got these you don’t over people is very infectious and some have even gotten some form of fame over it over social media YouTube etc..

people see that and they wanna be “the man” and copy

mind you any idiot with enough money can buy up shoes on after market and start a channel or IG and post pics and reviews of grails/PE/samples and blow up if they wanted to

And technically that’s what offset has done went on mega buying spree now magically he a sneakers head and people sweatin his shoe game now lol

most of the self proclaimed sneaker heads now a days are really just playing a huge game of hey look at me and what I got

Back
Top Bottom