2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

What’s the answer?
FC524455-EED1-412A-A398-906DDCC334B1.gif

lots of shops have been having odd size runs, we all know the answer.

Of course. Bless the clientele that helped you keep the lights on even during the dark ages for dunks the past 10 years. Instead of some annoying kids, who just discovered they like dunks because Travis Scott, and who will never buy anything from you again that they can't resell, or any other SBs/skate gear

I'm sure these shops can't wait for Nike to stop torturing them with these releases.

Everyone else's locals: "Anyone within the state can enter via this online form."

My local: "In-person entry is open for 2 hours in the middle of the day Wed-Fri with possible early cutoff based on demand. One person at a time, everyone else waits in line with the coughing broke-boy resellers and their friends wearing the Yeezys and Supreme hoodies in the middle of the summer."

Gotta appreciate the irony of not having a chance to avoid paying resale because I'm working to make money that will ultimately go towards paying resale.

Everyone else's locals: "Anyone within the state can enter via this online form."

My local: "In-person entry is open for 2 hours in the middle of the day Wed-Fri with possible early cutoff based on demand. One person at a time, everyone else waits in line with the coughing broke-boy resellers and their friends wearing the Yeezys and Supreme hoodies in the middle of the summer."

Gotta appreciate the irony of not having a chance to avoid paying resale because I'm working to make money that will ultimately go towards paying resale.
But if you’re there to buy a board, you can skip the line! Nocturnal really not feelin this hype:rofl:

Last edited:
I mean I get why skatehsops likely hate these kinds of hyped releases.

Folks only come around for those types of releases. They aren't regulars.
The store sells for retail knowing at least half sold will then be resold for much more. You're scraping by as a shop owner making $20/pair for that person to make $500+ off it.
Not to mention all the phone calls and other bs that comes with it.

I wouldn't want to deal with it.

Of course. Bless the clientele that helped you keep the lights on even during the dark ages for dunks the past 10 years. Instead of some annoying kids, who just discovered they like dunks because Travis Scott, and who will never buy anything from you again that they can't resell, or any other SBs/skate gear

I'm sure these shops can't wait for Nike to stop torturing them with these releases.
I definitely agree , holding down your OGs that have supported forever and family makes sense but missing multiple sizes run of each color is a bit much.
Maybe Nike is turning their cheek and letting the shops recoup some of the funds they lost throughout the years with all the BS Nike pushed on them.

Man, WTF @ that ftc raffle. Don't enter again if we entered for the Orange? Sounds like some BS. And what if we got the trivia answer wrong for the Orange raffle :lol:

atmosnyc really got their Nike And Jordan account nuked over that video of them backdooring? Either that or they’re having financial trouble due to covid because they haven’t been releasing anything lately

Why would skateshops hate these releases?

they prolly making so much more money.

they don’t gotta do **** but make a post. Check some emails.

and they getting guaranteed pairs towear or flip !

this is butter for them. Especially right now.

Most shops are run with a 1-2 person staff (1 typically always building a deck or helping a parent with questions in store). Like clockwork when these releases drop the phones dont stop ringing and the private messages dont stop.

My guess is that they hate dealing with suck-up headass people that don’t even like skating but are happy that they got free money...

i would argue that the hassle doesn't justify the extra income to most owners

a lot of these shops have like 1-3 employees, don't know/care about sneakers, etc.

I mean I get why skatehsops likely hate these kinds of hyped releases.

Folks only come around for those types of releases. They aren't regulars.
The store sells for retail knowing at least half sold will then be resold for much more. You're scraping by as a shop owner making $20/pair for that person to make $500+ off it.
Not to mention all the phone calls and other bs that comes with it.

I wouldn't want to deal with it.
so what, theyre making money and increased foot traffic so even if only `1/50 buy anything extra its more money for them if they didnt have a SB release. every retail store has to deal with a hole customers its part of having a business.

and to complain about non-regulars buying any product at all is dumb, you dont treat a customer different because they havent bought something from you before.

Back
Top Bottom