2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

syracuse. kentucky. brasil. st john. all the leather was poo, and the QC from nike was atrocious

While there were some QC issues for sure, Idk man... the leather on these Spartans is so thick and soft. And those pairs you listed seem to have the same leather. For a Dunk in 2020, the leather is really well done. Not sure what your expectations were or which other Dunks you’re comparing them to lol. And to bring up Dior leather? Like OK!? It’s a ****in designer collab! I would hope the leather would be superior. 🤣

I feel bad for people that bought that. They screwed ya’ll over big time. SMH.
i don't. i hope they learn from the choice like with boosters. doubling your ****ty odds for still ****ty odds for any amount of money is a scam. copdate is absolutely swindling these people into a profitable business, like all these cats running the show on these MAGA morons. total cash grab. ****, I wish i had started an etsy store and just put a bunch of stupid ****in redhat pepes on and tees/sweats and then roll in the ensuing dough butt naked happily knowing i am defunding white supremacy

the amount of "real" leather used in dunks/shoes generally is the rock bottom, maybe a heel cup or counter thats it

"GENUINE LEATHER" (think of a scam like TRIPLE A BEEF) is usually painted on , even pebbled leather and tumbled can be faked.

i doubt there are any dunks EVER on full grain level or even top grain, makes me laugh when yall are comparing the leathers of all these dunks they are are ALL subparrrrrrr.

1611021968815.png
Yep. It's funny that all these years later people are still thinking their AJ1's and Dunks are made from Italian leather.. It's a cheap shoe made from the cheapest materials lol.

the amount of "real" leather used in dunks/shoes generally is the rock bottom, maybe a heel cup or counter thats it

"GENUINE LEATHER" (think of a scam like TRIPLE A BEEF) is usually painted on , even pebbled leather and tumbled can be faked.

i doubt there are any dunks EVER on full grain level or even top grain, makes me laugh when yall are comparing the leathers of all these dunks they are are ALL subparrrrrrr.

1611021968815.png
This takes me back to the jordan 1 thread when dummies thought tumbled leather and more visible texture = higher quality. Or soft "leather" = good quality. Tumbled is a texture artificially produced, softness can make it more comfortable but generally it's softer because it's a thinner piece of material therefore lower in quality overall. Strange how a bunch of people turn into sheep when they're tryna talk about cow.

Whoever bases their quality of leather on ACTUAL quality leather when it comes to Nike has the wrong expectations to begin with. When many of us talk about the quality of leather on a given pair of shoes, we are giving credit or criticism in relation to Nike quality leather. Whoever is comparing to high quality leather is a moron. The argument is stupid af when you guys try to educate on ACTUAL LEATHER. :smh:

From what I've seen on 2020 leather (and suede) dunks, the quality has been good but the shape has been bad. I had the varsity maizes in hand before flipping and the vamp/toebox was super wide, toe was super cliffy. Leather was soft so I'm sure they'd have been money on foot but alas on to the next one.

Speaking of bad quality, wear over the weekend
1611068180684.png

2019 vs 2003
1611068207174.png

I had the varsity maizes in hand before flipping and the vamp/toebox was super wide, toe was super cliffy. Leather was soft so I'm sure they'd have been money on foot but alas on to the next one.

Speaking of bad quality, wear over the weekend
1611068180684.png

2019 vs 2003
1611068207174.png

Yup! The shape of Dunks these days is trash. If you were around/into Dunks in the early 2000's you'd understand. :smh:

While there were some QC issues for sure, Idk man... the leather on these Spartans is so thick and soft. And those pairs you listed seem to have the same leather. For a Dunk in 2020, the leather is really well done. Not sure what your expectations were or which other Dunks you’re comparing them to lol. And to bring up Dior leather? Like OK!? It’s a ****in designer collab! I would hope the leather would be superior. 🤣
i sold brasils and st johns

retail pairs coming precreased, horrible midsole paint, blunted toe ends, etc

nah. they were horrible and the leather might not have been that plastic leather, but it was nowhere near the leather from any SB release.

Yep. It's funny that all these years later people are still thinking their AJ1's and Dunks are made from Italian leather.. It's a cheap shoe made from the cheapest materials lol.

Nobody is saying the leather is expensive leather. Although it may be cheap leather, the quality of this leather still varies across different shoes. It's why you have some that feel like cardboard, and some that feel plush. That's what people are comparing, how do y'all not understand that?

How does CCS+ work? Do they notify you when the dunks release?

My brother hit on Street Hawkers on CCS+. It’s the first time either of us have won with them, but just one win more than makes it worth the price ($20/year).

CopDate, on the other hand, is worse than lottery scratchers.

Late W on these!

The leather feels good too!

0BA861E2-D6A0-4824-BA11-1F36DFBB5FDF.jpeg

On a serious not on leather, whist I know Nike don’t use top quality leather, there is still a varying degree of leather used across their shoes. And there is no rhyme or reason to what get what leather.
Most of the 2020 SP(non-SB) Dunks had a soft type leather (apart from the sambas that felt stiff), but the craftsmanship was pretty much always suspect. Softer leather tends to be more comfortable out of the box but softness is no marker for quality.

1611021968815.png

If they're using full grain on $90 AF-1's who's to say that they're not using it on Dunks too?

Back
Top Bottom