2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

C6C8AFE9-8DC7-45B4-84D5-1439D0691CCD.jpeg
I’ve been neglecting these

Should have deserted them.

Same thing happened to me twice on eBay pairs for the blue ones.
Bought one at $850; canceled.
Bought another for $50 more; canceled.
then went for one on StockX for about $200 over my original purchase price and that one is actually on the way shipped to me today. I was worried though because even the StockX one was pre-stimulus day.
was so hard just to buy a pair without it getting canceled. I’m sure this has happened a lot with how the price jumped so quickly day to day.

To each their own but this situation is annoying and exactly why sneaker resale prices as stoooooopid.

Should be a sneaker noun/category for THOSE PPL who used covid/stimulus to begin their sneaker collection !! bruh $800 on a pair of sneakers

..............................DURING WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW.......................

F- it. I'm just gonna say it. Anybody got that hook up or know some crooked backdoor skate shops that can hook me up? I promise I won't tell. lol

• Haha
Reactions: JPS
F- it. I'm just gonna say it. Anybody got that hook up or know some crooked backdoor skate shops that can hook me up? I promise I won't tell. lol
You just have to put in the work. And it's usually not enough. I feel like I know all of the tricks, and I've been real lucky lately - but still got completely shut out on Supreme's. And the only time I've EVER hit on a non-SB Dunk was early-access from Nike on UNLV's.

You just have to put in the work. And it's usually not enough. I feel like I know all of the tricks, and I've been real lucky lately - but still got completely shut out on Supreme's. And the only time I've EVER hit on a non-SB Dunk was early-access from Nike on UNLV's.
I've loved shoes my whole life and, growing up, I had to be selective about what I got because my family just didn't have the money to buy the shoes I really wanted.

Instead, I got a pair of Payless specials or something off the sale rack every year or two and had to pretend it didn't bother me going to school and seeing other kids with the pairs I wanted so badly but couldn't attain...

It sucks now that I'm grown up, have a bit of disposable income, and still love shoes, Nike pulls this BS with artificial scarcity (which they've always done to some extent) to the absolute, unsustainable extreme.

I feel like not much has changed from those early years where I could see the shoes I wanted firsthand (or now on IG/NT), but just didn't have the access due to things out of my control.

Luckily, I can afford resale on the Curry Lows (and will probably get them regardless if I strike out Monday and prices are in the $250-300 range), but I can't in good faith spend resell on each shoe I want when everything drops secretly/via raffle, sells out instantly, and resale is immediately $300+ on everything, including ~$100 GR garbage...

Last edited:
Man, I really wanted the Instants and Doraemons. I'm a big fan of the JP inspired dunks so I'll always want to go for those. There's one skate shop that carries them and their raffles are b.$.. The owners a sneaky dude so I don't bother since I get those vibes. The other shop is like 90 miles away so I'm s.o.l. when it comes to local raffles.

Think you mentioned Premier. I bought from them before, but I'm not a frequent buyer. Maybe I need to spend more to get into their tier, but then it's probably the same as CCS with their CCS+ raffles lol.

It really is about putting in the work. Know your locals, know how they operate and give your patronage to the ones that do things right. That doesn't mean showing up to shops only for hyped releases with your hand out. Make it a routine to stop in, shop around, chat with the employees, buy their merch and rep them. Buy non-hyped gear from them. Be an authentic human, build a relationship, and they might look out for you.

Be apart of a community. imo that's what this hobby is about, not just hoarding shoes.

Some lucky raffle wins in the last month:
tempImage5ntcGw.png
tempImagesKN2A7.png

It really is about putting in the work. Know your locals, know how they operate and give your patronage to the ones that do things right. That doesn't mean showing up to shops only for hyped releases with your hand out. Make it a routine to stop in, shop around, chat with the employees, buy their merch and rep them. Buy non-hyped gear from them. Be an authentic human, build a relationship, and they might look out for you.

Be apart of a community. imo that's what this hobby is about, not just hoarding shoes.

Some lucky raffle wins in the last month:
tempImage5ntcGw.png
tempImagesKN2A7.png
Thanks for the advice and nice pickups!

But not everyone has local places releasing stuff like that. I've been lucky in the past to live a couple miles from Premier, but after moving to a similar sized city in the South, I've realized those types of shops are few and far between.

Most sneaker "shops" here are either resale shops with higher prices than StockX or mall places like FTL, FNL, etc. There are no local SB accounts or skate shops that are carrying Dunks around me (closest would be 2+ hours away), which means online (getting lucky or paying resale) is really the main option for me and most other people.

I agree with you about the community though, it's just hard to form those relationships if those people/places don't exist around me/others... Which is kinda why NT exists...

Edit for Premier link:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom