2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Why are the SB IV's green? :sick:
It’s the color of money.
Nike…
1677913535108.gif

I’m in Dubai for the week on vacation celebrating the wifeys bday and we went to the mall of Dubai (largest mall in world) and I managed to find a sneaker resell shop by the designer wing area of the place.

They had a couple of nice shoes like the 85 Georgetown 1s and some of the orange label dunks but the prices were a travesty. These boys were selling pandas equivalent to $800 USD when doing the currency conversion lmao

I’m in Dubai for the week on vacation celebrating the wifeys bday and we went to the mall of Dubai (largest mall in world) and I managed to find a sneaker resell shop by the designer wing area of the place.

They had a couple of nice shoes like the 85 Georgetown 1s and some of the orange label dunks but the prices were a travesty. These boys were selling pandas equivalent to $800 USD when doing the currency conversion lmao

Well yeah, that's the city built by the rich for the rich.. there's no such thing as middle class in that city, even the "poor" people there make maybe half a million a year.

An absolute travesty of a city and a country, especially from their human rights perspective where a man of the family is allowed to beat his wife with a wooden stick legally when the stick is less than an thumb's thickness, among everything else in their misogynistic laws.

Sorry for the negative post, this is just a thing I hold dear to me and makes me really sad when people want to travel there and close their eyes from such situations happening behind the si called scenes.

Well yeah, that's the city built by the rich for the rich.. there's no such thing as middle class in that city, even the "poor" people there make maybe half a million a year.

An absolute travesty of a city and a country, especially from their human rights perspective where a man of the family is allowed to beat his wife with a wooden stick legally when the stick is less than an thumb's thickness, among everything else in their misogynistic laws.

Sorry for the negative post, this is just a thing I hold dear to me and makes me really sad when people want to travel there and close their eyes from such situations happening behind the si called scenes.
The bolded part is actually cap but I do agree with your sentiment. Dubai imports it's working class while pretty much denying them citizenship forever. I met tons of working class Uber drivers or retail store workers etc. They all said they had been there for 20+ years and while they made a decent wage it was no where near comparable to what citizens are given on a monthly basis as a stipend. Their immigrant working population can be deported pretty much anytime they are not working and they are still treated as less than the Dubai nationals.

I went to Dubai a while back and I truthfully found it just okay. It was just a manufactured city that I didn't really feel like it had a culture unique to itself. The human rights violations are also pretty sad.

Not hating on R Roti and his trip tho. Dubai was actually the first trip my now wife and I went on together when we were dating.

The bolded part is actually cap but I do agree with your sentiment. Dubai imports it's working class while pretty much denying them citizenship forever. I met tons of working class Uber drivers or retail store workers etc. They all said they had been there for 20+ years and while they made a decent wage it was no where near comparable to what citizens are given on a monthly basis as a stipend. Their immigrant working population can be deported pretty much anytime they are not working and they are still treated as less than the Dubai nationals.

I went to Dubai a while back and I truthfully found it just okay. It was just a manufactured city that I didn't really feel like it had a culture unique to itself. The human rights violations are also pretty sad.

Not hating on R Roti and his trip tho. Dubai was actually the first trip my now wife and I went on together when we were dating.

Yes, I agree with your points 100 percent! And for the bolded part, I should have clarified in my post and talk separately about immigrant workers and local people. Immigrant workers work in conditions where nobody should ever work, for a wage that no one should ever even consider as a joke.

Back
Top Bottom