2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Ive found that resell for high demand sneakers tend to be the lowest about a week to 2 weeks before actual release, then it sky rockets on release date with trend lasting about 2 weeks. Then prices start to gradually go down again, before leveling out for a few months. Then prices slowly start to creep back up after 5-6 months after release.

Your best bet would be to cop 1 week or 2 weeks before release, or 2-3 weeks post release.

My 2 cents.
Damb. That's pretty much spot on what happened with these. Appreciate the response.

2 ****ing wild

B8050F16-78D8-49AC-9D83-0C360DC28ED6.jpeg

Ive found that resell for high demand sneakers tend to be the lowest about a week to 2 weeks before actual release, then it sky rockets on release date with trend lasting about 2 weeks. Then prices start to gradually go down again, before leveling out for a few months. Then prices slowly start to creep back up after 5-6 months after release.

Your best bet would be to cop 1 week or 2 weeks before release, or 2-3 weeks post release.

My 2 cents.

Dang, so that means that the Jarritos are probably as low as they'll be? Tough to stomach not buying any sneakers for like 8 years, and then dropping $450 on a pair :sick::sick:

Dang, so that means that the Jarritos are probably as low as they'll be? Tough to stomach not buying any sneakers for like 8 years, and then dropping $450 on a pair :sick::sick:
The way I look at it, I’m pretty much retail or bust these days. Very rare I’ll pay much over retail. The handful of instances that I will pay significantly more than retail, I have to make sure it’s something I REALLY want, and am willing to, and am ok with dropping that much for the pair. If I do, I don’t look back… at times, the price will drop after I’ve bought said pair, and I don’t really let it bother me, because I was ok with paying that much for a pair I really wanted.

I think part of it is the supply/demand balance and how the fomo buying in the initial few weeks starts to fade. You have that leveling out and then months down the road as people wear their pairs you start to have fewer and fewer truly DS pairs.

8 years ago was the time to buy sb's for the low brah
Ha, I know! I got rid of all of my shoes when I moved after college. I had a pretty solid stable from working through college, and was tight with our local SB rep so they were easy to snag.

Good ol days...

Yeap, pretty sad state of affairs. In the past 3 years out of the 25 or so hyped shoes that I’ve copped, maybe 4 or 5 have been through retail. Everything else has been resell. Still haven’t stepped into the $400 realm of resell. My limit is $360, which tends to afford me most of the shoes I’ve wanted. If it’s in the $400’s it just wasn’t meant to be. Lol

Last edited:
I think part of it is the supply/demand balance and how the fomo buying in the initial few weeks starts to fade. You have that leveling out and then months down the road as people wear their pairs you start to have fewer and fewer truly DS pairs.
100%. Also you have a new generation of sneakersheads that we weren’t competing against 8 years ago. During those years, sneaker culture was generally limited to Younger Generation X & Millennials. Now you have generation Z, who are just as big into sneakers as the 2 previous generations. Hyped Sneakers are only going to get harder to obtain, unless the older generation start to “retire”, which many of us haven’t fully done just yet lol

210$ to (assuming they paid retail) spray paint some shoes because they thought it would make people mad

Seriously though what is this lol ads on eBay to try and make people mad now? Just straight up weird

Back
Top Bottom