2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Question for ya'll who have remained apprised of most SB releases over the years: have there been ANY cases where Nike actually reissued/retro'd a model? I don't mean like a conversion from low to high/vice versa or releasing additional colorways, but nigh-identical reissues after the original drop.

Also, happy Sunday to everyone here - what are you guys rockin today? I'm goin with these:

image.jpg
Aye what's with the pristine condition grails man? Did you just buy them?
I come in peace.

Aye what's with the pristine condition grails man? Did you just buy them?
I come in peace.

Bought them recently with the current market rates? Absolutely not! I picked them em from a consignment shop around 2013

As far as their current condition; frankly, force fields and wearing mainly indoors for the Pigeons (not to mention the colorway and materials are just inherently lower maintenance compared to a standard white midsole Dunk)

Question for ya'll who have remained apprised of most SB releases over the years: have there been ANY cases where Nike actually reissued/retro'd a model? I don't mean like a conversion from low to high/vice versa or releasing additional colorways, but nigh-identical reissues after the original drop.

Also, happy Sunday to everyone here - what are you guys rockin today? I'm goin with these:

image.jpg
****!
…how much is themz goin for on the secondary?

image.jpg
SB has never done a retro of a shoe but I think they should, especially now with dunks being hot right now. This wave is almost over due to over saturation though.

Word is Sandy Boedecker requested that SB NEVER get the retro treatment. There’s still so much they do with having to retro. I’d love to own the pigeons or alphanumerics. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for SB to retro.

SB has never done a retro of a shoe but I think they should, especially now with dunks being hot right now. This wave is almost over due to over saturation though.

Word is Sandy Boedecker requested that SB NEVER get the retro treatment. There’s still so much they do with having to retro. I’d love to own the pigeons or alphanumerics. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for SB to retro.
Makes sense, appreciate the input! I did a little digging and noticed that the Shanghais dropped in both 2004 and 2013; what would you classify that second release as?

My opinion on retros is once the originals are unwearable from an age/practicality standpoint, I'm cool with it. Dunks generally don't have those age-based durability issues (outside of what's happening to some older clear/gum soles) so I'd rather they just leave old rare stuff as collectables.
Fair point, but wouldn't you want to be able to have a second chance at some rarer/older pairs you may have missed out on? I'd personally love to get a chance to purchase duplicates of some old favorites so they can be worn guilt-free lol

Fair point, but wouldn't you want to be able to have a second chance at some rarer/older pairs you may have missed out on? I'd personally love to get a chance to purchase duplicates of some old favorites so they can be worn guilt-free lol
It needs to happen but I think Nike will pull this card to bring people back in once the dunk wave ends.

Will go for camo Darwins even though we all know how this is going to turn out....
The light color is pretty fire tho, too. Just looks like they’d get dirty as soon as you open the box. Black pair could be good, especially if they can be bleached like the stussy af1s.

Now let’s see what that retail price is. That could change EVERYTHING.

I think a rule like that keeps some of the interest in hunting/searching for rare shoes alive. Can't wait for everything to retro that way. I get the interest, and I definitely want retros of unwearable stuff like old air maxes/jordans/etc.

I’d they ever did, I doubt the collabs would retro.

Yo, anybody have those autumn gentleman's. How do they look in hand? Thoughts?? Sorry i know its not an sb but a dunk nonetheless

Back
Top Bottom