2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

was getting ready to make a trade for futuras but I had him send me pics and noticed the pair had a snaggle tooth so I passed.
IMG_3031.jpeg
Lmao looking like that tow truck from the cars movie my daughter can’t get enough of

tbh I've been contemplating parting with my parras just bc the modern dunk mold really don't do it for me. I've worn em a few times and they look good but at the same time, look off. I still can't get used to the eyestay and vamp. It was the same reason I sold off my safaris. Thought the parra colorway would sell me but they just ain't right. They're my only post-new tool SB I currently have

IMO for dunk shape/build, pre-blue box SB (02-09ish) >>>>>>>>> 1999-2003 era GR dunk > whatever other GR dunk > post-blue box SB

Deadass I prefer my IDs, retros like plums and reverse curries to new tool SBs. I know it's been a few presidents, a global pandemic, and a Cubs world series since but still...

I'd love to hear a ranking from those who have skated all the different molds. Where the tooling changes even necessary?

I'd love to hear a ranking from those who have skated all the different molds. Where the tooling changes even necessary?

I don’t particularly think the changes were an absolute NEED but I do understand the thinking behind them…Better board feel / grip, and obviously the beefed up flick areas to give them a bit longer of a shelf life and save the laces…I’m of the opinion that the OG dunks had great board feel as they were and the wearing down of the flick areas largely had to do with what materials were used…Laces are getting mangled regardless 🤷‍♂️

Their willingness to use the “OG” type mold for some colorways has me hoping that MAYBE they’ll be willing to revisit that mold a bit more…The “Pro B” colorway coming up has the older build so that’s something to look forward to…

I don’t particularly think the changes were an absolute NEED but I do understand the thinking behind them…Better board feel / grip, and obviously the beefed up flick areas to give them a bit longer of a shelf life and save the laces…I’m of the opinion that the OG dunks had great board feel as they were and the wearing down of the flick areas largely had to do with what materials were used…Laces are getting mangled regardless 🤷‍♂️

Their willingness to use the “OG” type mold for some colorways has me hoping that MAYBE they’ll be willing to revisit that mold a bit more…The “Pro B” colorway coming up has the older build so that’s something to look forward to…
Looking forward to those pro bs, honestly my biggest gripe with the new tooling is the lace flaps, they make that area bigger and wider then needed and without actually making more room it’s just more material in that spot and at the end of the day and this is just my personal opinion I couldn’t care less if my laces rip i don’t mind the look honestly if it’s just my skate shoes and the laces they can look as beat as they want I don’t really care as long as there functional I have so many spare laces as I’m sure most skaters do as well so tearing them isn’t that big of a deal this is all just my opinion though some people may like them and use them as intended but anyone I’ve skated with in recent times that skates dunks don’t even use the flaps 🤷‍♂️

And too add 9/10 times my laces rip further up then that spot anyways lol

Much appreciate the input. I guess the question is did the changes actually make any improvement? I can see what they were trying to do, also with the pods on the heel to prevent slipping, but in practice did they do what they set out to do? If you sit back and think about it it's strange to retool the dunk, then leave it alone for over a decade with no changes. Why would they not continue to make tweaks and changes to make them skate better if that's what they wanted to do?

Well they did do some other versions but yeah no other mainline changes. Decon, elite. Personally I thought the decons were one of the worst feeling shoes I ever put on my feet. Wore them around the house and they felt worse than barefoot. Maybe I woulda needed a half size up.

I think the fact that higher profile collabs go back to OG tooling tells us they know OG tooling is better lol

Back
Top Bottom