2025 NBA Draft Thread

Idk how Sims slipped to almost going undrafted. But besides the point. I was about to look up his numbers from his debut, and “Jheri Curl” in Wiki popped up as I was typing.

9FB90A8F-642B-44F0-B78F-A1D89C632006.png

They got a pic of a young ice cube as the main pic, which is hilarious to me for some reason. So I go down a wormhole of the Jheri Curl…and it leads me to people who were famous for it. One of them is Billy Ray Bates. Who played in the league back in the 70s & 80s. Players hated playing against him on the court because his Jheri Curl was super greasy, And made the ball slippery on court. Apparently, he was a wild boy. But also had a really interesting upbringing and draft story. Dude played 16 regular season games…then averaged 25ppg in his first ever playoff series as a rookie :lol:. Then the next year, averaged 28ppg. Has a playoff average of 27ppg in 6 games over 2 first round 2-1 series. Also a regular season PER 36 monster. Dude was basically a basketball savant, with no real skills or knowledge outside of that. Grew up a sharecropper and stumbled onto basketball brilliance.

Now reading this article on him.

Ended up being the Philippine Wilt, but hit some hard times. pums pums

My dad might have played against him :lol: I will ask about the Jheri curl

Still don't understand why Moody dropped to 14. Should've been Orlando's pick at 8.

My dad might have played against him :lol: I will ask about the Jheri curl

That man averaged between 46-49 PPG in the PBA in his prime in the 80s. I’m sure your pops knows him. Dude even got his own “Black Superman Sneakers” :lol:

E005813F-6FAE-46C6-882C-45749A907990.jpeg

202BC6E9-64B7-4A6F-BF4A-EC316E35FB3C.jpeg

Really interesting story. Considered the greatest PBA import ever. Dude still living too. Fell on hard times back in the stayed, and still here. Great read up.

That man averaged between 46-49 PPG in the PBA in his prime in the 80s. I’m sure your pops knows him. Dude even got his own “Black Superman Sneakers” :lol:

E005813F-6FAE-46C6-882C-45749A907990.jpeg

202BC6E9-64B7-4A6F-BF4A-EC316E35FB3C.jpeg

Really interesting story. Considered the greatest PBA import ever. Dude still living too. Fell on hard times back in the stayed, and still here. Great read up.
based of the article you posted and his wiki his greatest rival is my godfather :lol: So he probably won’t be his goat

Its totally possible Suggs turns out to be the better player between him and Cade.
Everyone expects Cade to be the next Luka. Just saying

I had no idea the "love" for Gelo was so intense. Every post the Hornets make the comments are riddled with teenagers who think Gelo is the second coming and that he legit "should probably start this year"

I guess I'm older and more out of touch than I thought lol

I had no idea the "love" for Gelo was so intense. Every post the Hornets make the comments are riddled with teenagers who think Gelo is the second coming and that he legit "should probably start this year"

I guess I'm older and more out of touch than I thought lol
It’s not real luv , it’s mostly trollin n trying to make Gelo into a living meme …Fun for his “fans” tho it looks like

It’s not real luv , it’s mostly trollin n trying to make Gelo into a living meme …Fun for his “fans” tho it looks like

Yeah that's what I figured, I guess I just wasn't prepared for the sheer volume and magnitude of it haha

He's a better shooter than I thought (based off of 2 games) I will say.

Not mad if they give him a D-League spot on the Swarm. Gotta play to Melo long term.

Yeah that's what I figured, I guess I just wasn't prepared for the sheer volume and magnitude of it haha

He's a better shooter than I thought (based off of 2 games) I will say.

Not mad if they give him a D-League spot on the Swarm. Gotta play to Melo long term.
Yea Gelo has Improved a bit from the last time I seen him play…G League def in the cards for him if he keeps it up

Ofcourse he can play off the ball, but I think the Pistons are making a mistake if they dont put Cade on the ball full time. Put him at the 1 like a Luka, his usage needs to be super high.

I dont like Killian out there with Cade. Killian seems like he's always trying to prove he can play, and the last thing you want is Cade just coming off screens and being a spot up shooter.

Imagine drafting Franz Wagner when Moody is available and you already have Mo Wagner on your team
Its possible Duarte, Bouknight and possibly Trey Murphy will probably turn out much better than Franz

Back
Top Bottom