^looked alright...team moved the ball well besides wilson chandler...

Hill def. looks like he'll be a work in progress, and douglas looks like he can contribute with some good D, he had a stretch where he forced like 3TO's in a row...Darko had a nice block, didn't play much it seemed...

Lee, Gallo looked pretty good too...i was just skimming back and forth between giants and this tho, so i didnt see everything

Just now watching Knicks in 60, Jared Jeffries out there looking like Detlef Schrempf
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Very nice distribution skills by Gallinari, working well with Lee.

So why did Nate change his #?

I think I recall seeing something in the old thread.

Nate always wanted number 2 but couldn't get it because during the previous seasons someone else had it.

& something about deion sanders

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

^looked alright...team moved the ball well besides wilson chandler...

Hill def. looks like he'll be a work in progress, and douglas looks like he can contribute with some good D, he had a stretch where he forced like 3 TO's in a row...Darko had a nice block, didn't play much it seemed...

Lee, Gallo looked pretty good too...i was just skimming back and forth between giants and this tho, so i didnt see everything
was looking forward to seeing more darko too but he actually hurt a knee so he sat out the second half.i'm all sorts of excited fordouglas,he's a relentless defender.working through picks and keeping his hands active.hill looked lost out there for stretches.it's all goodthough,bigs generally take longer to get acclimated to the L as compared to guards.joe crawford got some burn in garbage time.he didn't do too much.reallyhope we'll get to see sun play soon(pun intended).he's a talented player that just needs some PT.

Gallanari and Lee looked great today...hopefully we see some nice chemistry develop with this team throughout the pre-season.

[h1]Knicks want more 'O' from Gallinari[/h1]
By MARC BERMAN

ALBANY -- If Danilo Gallinari is to be the featured guy in the Knicks' offense -- as coach Mike D'Antoni one day hopes -- it was not apparent in yesterday's preseason opener at Times Union Center.

Though three Knicks topped the 20-point mark -- Al Harrington (23 points, 9 of 11), DavidLee (20 points, 9 boards) and Wilson Chandler (21 points) -- in their 115-107victory over the Nets, Gallinari didn't hit double figures, taking just six shots in 26 minutes.

In fact, Gallinari wasn't close to being the best 2008 lottery pick on the floor. That honor belonged to Nets center Brook Lopez, selected four spotslater at No. 10, tearing it up for 19 first-half points before being rested for most of the second half.

Coming off the bench, Gallinari was 2 of 6 -- hitting consecutive 3-pointers -- and finished with 9 points -- just two coming in the second half. He eventhrew up an uncharacteristic airball on an open trey.

"The second half, he just didn't have legs," D'Antoni said.

Indeed, Gallinari struggled during Camp Saratoga with his wind, and needs to improve his stamina as he takes part in his first real NBA training camp. Hehadn't played in a game since March 15 in Cleveland, where he shut it down to undergo back surgery.

The best shooter D'Antoni has ever seen probably doesn't shoot enough. Gallinari is unselfish -- almost too unselfish -- and recorded four assists.He always is willing to move the ball rather than force things. Moments after he entered the game midway through the first, Gallinari ripped down an offensiverebound and was fouled. But often he fades from view.

D'Antoni isn't worried about Gallinari's shot attempts, saying, "We'll get it that way."

"Every practice we are trying to build our chemistry," Gallinari said. "Then the shots will come. It may mean more shots; in some gamesnot."

One value to Gallinari's presence is as a decoy on the wing, even when he is not shooting. He allowed the lane to be free for a handful of power drivesby Lee yesterday.

"Not only does he spread the floor but he made a couple of good passes," Lee said. "He's not a ball stopper. He's going to be a hugepart of our success."

After being pulled from the starting lineup for the preseason opener in favor of Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries, Gallinari and Chandler started the secondhalf, which seems the Italian Stallion's preference.

"That's what we were showing most of training camp," Gallinari said. "We really know each other. We know what we do."

Gallinari and Chandler are the young studs the Knicks are banking on to convince LeBron James to join them come July. Chandler, coming off offseason anklesurgery, had a solid debut, shooting 7 of 13, scoring on drives and 3-pointers (3 of 6) and probably will earn the starting shooting-guard spot overHughes.

"I'm not where I want it to be, I got to get back into rhythm," said Chandler, who rehabbed all summer from surgery.

Darko Milicic (1 of 4 in 8:34) left the game in the second quarter, bothered by a bruised left knee. He said he woke up yesterday morning with knee pain. Hesaid there's a possibility of having an MRI.

"It's nothing major, I think there's bruise inside, a weak feeling on the side of the knee," Milicic said.

marc.berman@nypost.com

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

Nate always wanted number 2 but couldn't get it because during the previous seasons someone else had it.

& something about deion sanders
yeah, fred joned

: jose was hurt

I'd like to see Pruitt get more of a shot with you guys. He is just as good as Douglas on Defense, and I think Pruitt's offensive ceiling is higher.I'm not high on Douglas or Hill, but I like Gallinari and Wilson Chandler.

Also, Jared Jeffries draining 3's???

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I'd like to see Pruitt get more of a shot with you guys. He is just as good as Douglas on Defense, and I think Pruitt's offensive ceiling is higher. I'm not high on Douglas or Hill, but I like Gallinari and Wilson Chandler.

Also, Jared Jeffries draining 3's???
i saw toney douglas do more in his first preseason game than i saw pruitt do in his entire career. I do want him to make the team though, butdouglas's offensive and defensive ceiling IMO is wayyyy higher.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I'd like to see Pruitt get more of a shot with you guys. He is just as good as Douglas on Defense, and I think Pruitt's offensive ceiling is higher.

indifferent.gif

There are many factors why the eighth pick in the draft, 6-foot-10 Jordan Hill, won't make a big impact this season as a rookie . The roster makeup is heavy on power forwards and Hill's style from college differs greatly from Mike D'Antoni's speedball attack that doesn't feature a traditional low-post player.

It's also a season in which winning is not the priority and there's no push to rush Hill, whose preseason debut was a 1-for-8 clunkfest in Albany Sunday vs. the Nets.

Hill didn't have a strong summer league and didn't look the part of a lottery pick in Camp Saratoga until Saturday's final scrimmage when he made shots from inside and out.

"It's a lot for a young guy coming in, especially when you're looking at our team - Jared, David, Darko, Al Harrington,'' Knicks assistant coach Herb Williams said. "You're looking at some of guys who've been in the league a while and are seasoned vets. He's trying to find his way right now and we're trying to make it simple for him.''

D'Antoni's speedball attack doesn't call for a guy to regularly post up and Hill is often left open on the wing. He's still finding his zone from that `15-to-18 foot range.

"The quicker he learns the plays, the more he can feel comfortable in what he's been doing,'' Williams said. "Because he's been so used to running to the box and posting up on the box at Arizona. With us, we don't have guys in the middle. Everyone is spaced out.''

One problem is he doesn't have a high basketball IQ because he didn't start playing seriously until he was a junior in high school. "Most guys start playing basketball at 6 or 7,'' Williams said.

--

What a bad job by marketers at the Times Union Center in Albany. There were no more than 5,000 in the building Sunday, despite their inflated announced crowd of 7,000-plus. Virtually the entire upper deck in the 15,000-seat arena was barren. Perhaps when they saw tickets sales were sluggish - and overpriced at $65 for the lower bowl - they could have started giving away freebies to the boys clubs in the inner cities of Albany-Troy-Schenectady or the elementary schools. There could've been special college-student rates for the multitude of universities in the area. The Knicks won't be back, trust us

can someone hook up a sig for an OG team NYK member? as you all can see I havent updated in a hot minute.

I know yall aint see me up in here too much last season, (work and school and girl)
BUT I was watchin. and being disappointed.

this season seems a bit promising, but we said that about all the other past seasons.
I hope the cavs get bumped the 1st round and finish with a 4th or 5th seed at most. That man needs more reason to leave that team...

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
Eddy Curry is still beset by injuries and the Knicks acknowledge that the center is not ready for NBA competition. The team seems ready to shift gears and lower expectations on Curry's return.

"While he did a lot this summer, he's not ready to go out there and play at NBA speed," Donnie Walsh said Tuesday. "We're going to take longer to get him out there, because every time he comes out on the floor, he pulls a muscle."

Alan Hahn discusses the possibility that the Knicks could terminate Curry's contract for failing to live up to the basic contractual requirement that he keep himself in playing shape. The likelihood of the team pursuing such action is thought to be remote.

cheeseburger eddy- I've never hated a person more that I've never met in my life

except dolan, but he's been on my good side for allowing walsh to rebuild.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg

Alan Hahn discusses the possibility that the Knicks could terminate Curry's contract for failing to live up to the basic contractual requirement that he keep himself in playing shape.The likelihood of the team pursuing such action is thought to be remote.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom