Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Thomas and May aren't in the rotation anymore.
If this is the case they why not take the Curry deal?

I don't know about you guys, but I would give up Lee+Chandler (Preferably Chandler). If we can have a trade that includes Curry, Jefferies and Chandlerthen we need to go for it.

I wouldn't want anyone going to the Lakers. Wilson Chandler in the Lakers would be another Trevor Ariza all over again. No more hands out for L.A. I'dtrade him to the Celtics before the Lakers.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I don't know about you guys, but I would give up Lee+Chandler (Preferably Chandler). If we can have a trade that includes Curry, Jefferies and Chandler then we need to go for it.

I wouldn't want anyone going to the Lakers. Wilson Chandler in the Lakers would be another Trevor Ariza all over again. No more hands out for L.A. I'd trade him to the Celtics before the Lakers.
frown.gif

But the reason i said if Chandler goes to the Lakers, being around Kobe might turn him into a beast
tired.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I don't know about you guys, but I would give up Lee+Chandler (Preferably Chandler). If we can have a trade that includes Curry, Jefferies and Chandler then we need to go for it.

I wouldn't want anyone going to the Lakers. Wilson Chandler in the Lakers would be another Trevor Ariza all over again. No more hands out for L.A. I'd trade him to the Celtics before the Lakers.
frown.gif

But the reason i said if Chandler goes to the Lakers, being around Kobe might turn him into a beast
tired.gif
I get what you're saying, but it's just despicable if the Lakers end up with Chandler. That just adds another factor into that offense.Lakers probably had the handout of a lifetime with that Gasol trade, they don't deserve another one.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

tired.gif
Agreed.

Wilson to the Lakers is
indifferent.gif
to the nth degree.

I guess it's more of an indictment on the Knicks that they don't have - and haven't had in the past billion years - a superstar who teammates canbenefit off of.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

olivia munn omgz
Lil freckle-faced *@*%%. Every time I see his avy I say the same thing.
laugh.gif

Love that chick....

With the focus on grooming 7-foot Jonathan Bender to be part of "the future," and with David Lee playing at "an All-Star level," Mike 'Antoni said there's a strong possibility center Eddy Curry may not return to the Knicks'rotation this season.

D'Antoni gave his sturdiest defense on why he has given up on Curry, who the coach believes more firmly than ever doesn't fit his style. Curry has been a DNP for five straight games and appears as out of the picture as Nate Robinson and Darko Milicic .

As reported last week in The Post, Curry said he hopes the Knicks buy him out after the season.

The Knicks could open another $2 million in extra cap room in 2010 -- which is crucial -- if Curry agrees to take $9.3 million of the $11.3 million he has left in the final year of his contract. Curry figures to make up the money by signing elsewhere for the veteran's minimum ($1.9M).

A buyout is virtually impossible this season since Curry's final year is a player option and not guaranteed. Hence, a current buyout would not factor in next season's salary, and Curry would never do it.

"It's tough for Eddy not to have a big role," D'Antoni said. "When you just throw him in three minutes, the team doesn't adjust well and he doesn't adjust well. The circumstances are not real adjustable right now. He doesn't give us a chance to win as much as he should and it's not his fault. We do not want to change the way we are playing. Jonathan allows us to be able to do that."

For the first time, D'Antoni said Bender, signed two weeks ago, could be in their plans for next season, even though his one-year contract won't be guaranteed until Jan. 10.
The Knicks could open another $2 million in extra cap room in 2010 -- which is crucial -- if Curry agrees to take $9.3 million of the $11.3 million he has left in the final year of his contract. Curry figures to make up the money by signing elsewhere for the veteran's minimum ($1.9M).
now this is substantial.

I figured the other day if we trade Jared, and still have Eddy we would be between 1-2 million short of a 2nd max contract. If you save another 2 million, theywould have enough.

And Jared does not seem to be as difficult to move anymore.

no way we are trading lee + chandler + gallo anytime soon. only lee trade scenario i can see is a package with bayless/lee. i really DO NOT want to part withjeffries but i guess at this point we have to to. he's too much of a game changer defensively, every team needs someone like him. btw if a trade were tohappen you best believe nate + mobley are involved

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

no way we are trading lee + chandler + gallo anytime soon. only lee trade scenario i can see is a package with bayless/lee. i really DO NOT want to part with jeffries but i guess at this point we have to to. he's too much of a game changer defensively, every team needs someone like him. btw if a trade were to happen you best believe nate + mobley are involved

you're buggin. !%## jared jefferies, get him the !%## out of here. anyone on that "don't trade the gamechanger jefferies" tip needs to stopdrinking the kool-aid

I'll give Jefferies his credit, because he has been doing well, but he is not worth it whatsoever, especially if he keeps the team from getting a 2nd maxplayer.

No way, no how.

game changer? please tell me your blazed right now
laugh.gif

Hes a good defensive presence, but give me an expiring contract and you got a deal.

and the last thing the lakers need is good swingman. do you know how stacked that team would be for now, and the future?
smh.gif
smh.gif

was ewing a superstar?

there aren't that many superstars in a league at a given time. stars? sure. only superstars i see at the moment are bron, kobe, and wade.

i guess he was. he didn't have the best help around him either. At the time i know for sure he was a star, but i don't remember him being classified asa superstar.

yeah but shaq !@#$ on him

he's appreciated to the fullest extent. but he had alot of negative publicity around him considering his game. then again who doesn't in ny. imaginehim in this era
sick.gif
dwight who?

Well, as long as I been a fan we ain't had a Superstar in my opinion.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I think Ewing was borderline Superstar. IMO he wasn't a "Super" star. VERY VERY Greatplayer. Face of the franchise. Good look for the Knicks overall. But I'm looking for a player more along the lines of the Jordan, Bird, Magic, Wade, Kobe,Lebron etc. Ewing just didn't do it for me.
ohwell.gif

Sorry. And keep the bashing at a minimum.

Ehh call me biased because Ewing has been my favorite player since I was a toddler, but he was a superstar to me.

...let me add. I will not dispute that Ewing was a Superstar either.

Just not for me. I liked Ewing though.

Maybe you might get someone to agree with you in another thread.

you're in the knicks season thread, of course everyones going to believe hes a superstar
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom