23 Yr Old Snapchat CEO Turns Down 3 Billion Offer From FB

Nah i believe the overvaluation of these companies but snapchat is different

Nah... Snapchat is aligned with all the other over valued companies...

Doesn't mean it can't maintain its overvaluation though...

Amazon been operating n the red for awhile... Negative earnings...

And have been for some years...

Snapchat will be fine... Spiegel will create a new app or jump on board with another upstart app and rid the wave...

Snapchat is great for businesses , especially retailers

Pardon my ignorance brah, but isn't that partly by choice because Bezos stay throwing money at these new products and side projects.

I always here that fact they don't post positive earning is not a problem because of their cash flow

That true?

Last edited:
I'm not familiar enough with fundamental analysis like Fontaine may be, but yeah, that's always been my impression.

Amazon = Strong cash flow and reinvestment

Bezos is all about that long term horizon

There is definitely a tech bubble with all these apps. If the owners can monetize their user base, a big if, then it'll all work out...

Last edited:

There is definitely a tech bubble with all these apps. If the owners can monetize their user base, a big if, then it'll all work out...

hell look at Angry Birds they literally keep rehashing the exact same product just with different skins.

snapchat isnt as serious until it has stocks, even then will it become more successful? who knows i would have not taken 3 bil lol im sure he can get more and its only been half a year

I've read that Amazon's server business is outchea flourishin harder than Lucky Luchiano in the RAM aisle at Microcenter doe :nerd:

Amazon Web services is a lowkey juggernaut to the everyday person. I don't think a lot of people realize how significant a portion that business is to Amazon's success.

I still don't get Snapchat...but it's very popular and it looks like businesses are flocking to it right now. Didn't see that coming. 

Dude saw how when twitter went public it was worth >>> 

The article even says Twitter now worth $25 billy.

I've never used SnapChat, but articles like this only make the company more public.  Any publicity is good publicity.  People gonna read this who have never heard of snap chat, and say, ballsy move, and possibly check it out

That's right.

I really doubt at the time of the 3 bil offer the CEO was operating solely by himself. That 3 bil would have to be doled out to his employees. Equity is a big thing in grabbing talent in the tech world, especially start ups.

That being said even if he pulled 1 bil, thats enough for 10 lifetimes, but he wasnt taking home 3 bil cash.

this.
but for the most part, they trying to get aquired or go public and cash out.

personally, i find all these apps ridiculous.

Last edited:
Lucky stay narrow minded as hell.

Think big papi...think big.

Narrow Minded like how? you know how many of these companies are "over valued"? Very few of these companies have business models that can generate revenue. Its worth so much because it has so many users, but it makes no money, if it does go public they will just add Ads/"commercials" like Instagram did.
That's the entire point.

The evaluation is based on how many eyes will be on the product which gives the ad companies a reason to offer so much money for ad space.

The overvaluing thing is just about shelf life. Selling at your highest instead of selling early or after the decline begins if they're not going public. I know Myspace wish they did similar. Granted I don't see any other applications or functions snapchat can serve as I understand it but if the owner is smart enough he'd be able to have a sound plan if going public is his goal.

Miranda on the come-up

That Snapchat IPO =
sick.gif

Last edited:
Sheesh he could have chosen damn near anyone.

Props to her :pimp:

Last edited:
Exactly, it ain't as if there's an actual business model behind Snapchat, same with Tumblr.

Information + attention is the premium here.
And missed out on getting triple the money while maintaining control/ownership.

2 years ago. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom