23 Yr Old Snapchat CEO Turns Down 3 Billion Offer From FB

Interesting to look at some of the responses in this thread to Snapchat 3 years ago and how things have played out since.

Dude is a boss for betting on himself, youngest billionaire in the world.

She stupid rich too but she old. He will upgrade in a few years

I really doubt at the time of the 3 bil offer the CEO was operating solely by himself. That 3 bil would have to be doled out to his employees. Equity is a big thing in grabbing talent in the tech world, especially start ups.

That being said even if he pulled 1 bil, thats enough for 10 lifetimes, but he wasnt taking home 3 bil cash.

Very few people work at Snapchat. And they don't get paid as much as they should. Dude is a greedy crook

I really doubt at the time of the 3 bil offer the CEO was operating solely by himself. That 3 bil would have to be doled out to his employees. Equity is a big thing in grabbing talent in the tech world, especially start ups.

That being said even if he pulled 1 bil, thats enough for 10 lifetimes, but he wasnt taking home 3 bil cash.
Very few people work at Snapchat. And they don't get paid as much as they should. Dude is a greedy crook
Hope they negotiated for some equity in their job contracts.

Model Miranda Kerr engaged to Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel

Winning isn't the word
mean.gif
Id wife her too 
embarassed.gif

Bieber smashed Kerr?!
eek.gif
[h2]  'Miranda told me, "I want to make a man out of you"': Justin Bieber's cutting final words to Orlando Bloom that sparked Ibiza altercation[/h2]
laugh.gif

Dont see nothing out doing snapchat so i wouldn't see itbas a crazy move that he didn't take the offer.

Smdh about time you buy it for 3 plus billion, snap chat will be fading and something new will replace it. So stupid!

Smdh about time you buy it for 3 plus billion, snap chat will be fading and something new will replace it. So stupid!

Can't say I see it fading out anytime soon. It's grown tremendously since this thread was first made.

I woulda took the 3 billion like a fool, But I guess these guys learned after Myspace dude undersold himself.

It's always something new around the corner and your value could change instantly. Look at how IG is sorta falling off. The older population has kept Facebook alive so they're good.

The appeal of Snapchat IMO and the reason why it will last much longer than IG, etc is that it doesnt require you to maintain or update your profile or account. It's convenient when you need it to be and doesnt require constant attention like other social media platforms. Something will come along that will eventually surpass it but I think it'll be a while until that happens. Idk if it will outlive FB because as someone said earlier older people will always use it to stay in touch

You dont have to maintain your ig account though?

I see why people would use snapchat, as IG seems like an advertisement of yourself, you wanna post the best pictures on it, etc. Snap is just that, a snap of your life that you could post anything on. Its carefree and doesnt require as much "thought" as an ig post would be.

Never had a snap though and dont plan on making one. Ill stick to IG and FB.

I use to slander snap but I got one and use it more than anything. Might post on ig once a month, but snap changed the game. Everyday I'm snapping b.

You dont have to maintain your ig account though?

I see why people would use snapchat, as IG seems like an advertisement of yourself, you wanna post the best pictures on it, etc. Snap is just that, a snap of your life that you could post anything on. Its carefree and doesnt require as much "thought" as an ig post would be.

Never had a snap though and dont plan on making one. Ill stick to IG and FB.

You have a profile, thus you have to maintain it. How would it look if all you had on your IG profile was a profile picture from 4-5 years ago and all your pictures were from 4-5 years ago, even 2-3 years ago?

Last edited:
What? Change your profile picture...okay...

And if all my pics were from 4/5 years ago? I mean the point is to post pics on IG so why would I have all late pictures? Isnt the point of snapchat to post pics and stories too so if you wanna go by that then thats also "maintaining" your profile. Im lost b.

What? Change your profile picture...okay...

And if all my pics were from 4/5 years ago? I mean the point is to post pics on IG so why would I have all late pictures? Isnt the point of snapchat to post pics and stories too so if you wanna go by that then thats also "maintaining" your profile. Im lost b.

...Dude. With IG you have to maintain the profile by constantly updating it with pictures so your profile doesnt seem outdated. With snapchat you have no profile to constantly update. Whenever something comes up you find interesting you snap it and its gone in 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom