24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

why whats wrong with em? this isnt the first time ive heard negative things but no one goes into detail
laugh.gif
to be honest, its not THAT bad (opened through Apple), just the 22% APR is high as ****...however, you get 0% APR for the first 6-18 months for varying purchase amounts...

*also as mentioned i get free free FICO scores (only from TU)...was updated yesterday and said I'm 807, so hopefully I'm doing something right
laugh.gif

Last edited:
22% APR is terrible no point in using the card after the interest free period is over, unless you plan to pay off in full every month

to be honest, its not THAT bad (opened through Apple), just the 22% APR is high as ****...however, you get 0% APR for the first 6-18 months for varying purchase amounts...

*also as mentioned i get free free FICO scores (only from TU)...was updated yesterday and said I'm 807, so hopefully I'm doing something right:lol:  

those are not fico scores once again. they are fake scores. you can only get your real score from fico. com or some banks and creditors.

so your score maybe lower or higher then that score

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/questions/why-three-scores.aspx

Last edited:
those are not fico scores once again. they are fake scores. you can only get your real score from fico. com or some banks and creditors.

so your score maybe lower or higher then that score

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/questions/why-three-scores.aspx
gotta be fake when FICO has a news release on their website specifically stating so but you are right its only one of the three (as i mentioned from TU)...

"SAN JOSE, Calif. – November 4, 2013 –  FICO  (NYSE:FICO), a leading predictive analytics  and decision management software company, today announced that credit card customers of Barclaycard US, the payments business of Barclays in the United States, and First Bankcard, the credit card division of First National Bank of Omaha, can now access their FICO[emoji]174[/emoji] Scores completely free of charge. Through the new FICO[emoji]174[/emoji] Score Open Access  program, these customers will have access to the same FICO[emoji]174[/emoji] Scores used by Barclaycard and First Bankcard to manage their accounts. In addition to their FICO[emoji]174[/emoji] Score — the standard measure of U.S. consumer credit risk — these customers will see the two most important factors affecting their score, as well as FICO educational materials to help them better understand credit scoring and what behaviors impact their FICO Score."

http://www.fico.com/en/about-us/new...makes-free-fico-scores-available-to-millions/

Last edited:
Yo, no one should take Superb seriously. Dude continuously posts bad and downright false information. DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM.

This is the same guy who stated, some time back, that it was stupid to pay back student loans. Again, DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT MAN.

:smh:

Last edited:
The way dude keeps touting myFico, I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that he works for that company. You can get all three scores from myFico, but those reported by companies like Discover, Barclays, Mint are also legit because these companies have paid one of the credit agencies to have access to one of your scores.

"...you can only get your real score from...banks and creditors."

From where do you think the banks and creditors pull your scores? Transunion (which is where Discover and Barclays also pull your scores), Equifax (Mint), and Experian.

And as far as the score discrepancy, that's a non-story. It's been known that the three agencies often report different scores (though the scores are usually in the same ballpark) because the three agencies calculate your credit worthiness differently.

Last edited:
I have 0 ties with myFICO (college student December grad :pimp:) , it is just the best site to get all 3 credit scores from, also very informative (where I learned my credit info from). MyFICo is not good for getting scores for a mortgage they don't use that FICO model, but their fico model is good for loans and credit cards.

As much as Superb lies he is actually giving good info for a change lol nothing he has said (that I have seen) has been false info.

gotta be fake when FICO has a news release on their website specifically stating so but you are right its only one of the three (as i mentioned from TU)...

"SAN JOSE, Calif. – November 4, 2013 –

FICO (NYSE:FICO), a leading predictive analytics and decision management software company, today announced that credit card customers of Barclaycard US, the payments business of Barclays in the United States, and First Bankcard, the credit card division of First National Bank of Omaha, can now access their FICO[emoji]174[/emoji] Scores completely free of charge. Through the new FICO[emoji]174[/emoji] Score Open Access program, these customers will have access to the same FICO[emoji]174[/emoji] Scores used by Barclaycard and First Bankcard to manage their accounts. In addition to their FICO[emoji]174[/emoji] Score — the standard measure of U.S. consumer credit risk — these customers will see the two most important factors affecting their score, as well as FICO educational materials to help them better understand credit scoring and what behaviors impact their FICO Score."

http://www.fico.com/en/about-us/new...makes-free-fico-scores-available-to-millions/

that says nothing about transunion scores and fico..what's your point?

you said transunion gave you your fico scores which is not true. transunion scores are fakos

I been in the credit repair game a long time

trust me I wont lead you the wrong way

plus I already said in my post above
SOME CREDITORS AMD BANKS WILL GIVE YOU YOUR FICO SCORE FOR FREE

Barclay is one of them and they are a creditor! Bank of America will give you your fico as well

If your pulling your report directly from transunion and getting a score from them it's a fall. you said you got your score from transunion.

but then again I'm talking to someone with a 22% Apr and 807 credit score...lmao

your not proving anything homie. Now go to timeout....

Last edited:
The way dude keeps touting myFico, I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that he works for that company. You can get all three scores from myFico, but those reported by companies like Discover, Barclays, Mint are also legit because these companies have paid one of the credit agencies to have access to one of your scores.

"...you can only get your real score from...banks and creditors."

From where do you think the banks and creditors pull your scores? Transunion (which is where Discover and Barclays also pull your scores), Equifax (Mint), and Experian.

And as far as the score discrepancy, that's a non-story. It's been known that the three agencies often report different scores (though the scores are usually in the same ballpark) because the three agencies calculate your credit worthiness differently.

my goodness! I just said in my post above some banks and creditors will give you your fico score.

Mint.com scores is NOT a real score! ITS A FAKO AND MINT HAVE ALREADY SAID THAT AND I POSTED IT ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE

sorry caps

I have 0 ties with myFICO (college student December grad :pimp:) , it is just the best site to get all 3 credit scores from, also very informative (where I learned my credit info from). MyFICo is not good for getting scores for a mortgage they don't use that FICO model, but their fico model is good for loans and credit cards.

As much as Superb lies he is actually giving good info for a change lol nothing he has said (that I have seen) has been false info.

thanks man..

mortgage lenders most of them use fico, generally from what I believe and heard is that they use Equifax fico score more then the others . I also heard they take the lowest fico score from the 3 report agencies..

some lenders have diffrent scoring models but generally from what I read and heard they use fico

it should be illegal for them to use diffrent scoring models, they all need to get on one page , every creditor

@Superb Yeah myFICO uses the 04 FICO model and mortgage leaders use the 08 model.

actually it is the other way around.. ofcourse myfico Will use the updated version, lenders are using 04 fico

Probably what you meant to say but had it backwards

all these mortage lenders need to be on one page

some take the lowest out your 3 scores. some use the average of the 3. some use the middle score

Last edited:
that says nothing about transunion scores and fico..what's your point?

you said transunion gave you your fico scores which is not true. transunion scores are fakos

I been in the credit repair game a long time

trust me I wont lead you the wrong way

plus I already said in my post above
SOME CREDITORS AMD BANKS WILL GIVE YOU YOUR FICO SCORE FOR FREE

Barclay is one of them and they are a creditor! Bank of America will give you your fico as well

If your pulling your report directly from transunion and getting a score from them it's a fall. you said you got your score from transunion.

but then again I'm talking to someone with a 22% Apr and 807 credit score...lmao

your not proving anything homie. Now go to timeout....
well **** it, if what your saying is true, ill give you your due because i was under the impression that Barclayscard gets their FICOs solely from TU, apparently they use TU08 classic score...my FICO score is shown to me when i log into my Barclayscard account online, and i do not to log in to anything from TU, Eq, or Ex...so if you dropped knowledge its appreciated...

actually it is the other way around.. ofcourse myfico Will use the updated version, lenders are using 04 fico

Probably what you meant to say but had it backwards

all these mortage lenders need to be on one page

some take the lowest out your 3 scores. some use the average of the 3. some use the middle score

Mybad lol yeah the other way around..

Just got my first CC, Chase Freedom.

When it says 0% intro APR for the first 15 months, for example, does that mean I can make a $100 purchase and pay $25 flat for the first 4 months? No extra fees?

Just got my first CC, Chase Freedom.

When it says 0% intro APR for the first 15 months, for example, does that mean I can make a $100 purchase and pay $25 flat for the first 4 months? No extra fees?

You don't get charged interest for first 15 months.

well **** it, if what your saying is true, ill give you your due because i was under the impression that Barclayscard gets their FICOs solely from TU, apparently they use TU08 classic score...my FICO score is shown to me when i log into my Barclayscard account online, and i do not to log in to anything from TU, Eq, or Ex...so if you dropped knowledge its appreciated...

thanks. your right it is your fico but you made it seem you got it directly from transunion. Barclay get it from fico which is a real score but it's only your transunion score. you still need to check your Equifax and expeian score

the way it goes it that Barclay get you a transunion fico score.. so it is a transunion score but it's NOT "by" transunion, it's a fico transunion..

fico score is not one score.

you have transunion fico score
Equifax fico score

and
experience fico score
they all can vary

basically TU08 score is fico transunion 2008 scoring model. They had a 1998 2004 and 2008. like say fico TU04 probably disregarded 2 collections under $1000 and etc in the scoring so those didn't hurt you..it's a dirty game credit. get that knowledge on it

it's just changes the way fico score you for that particular agency

they all need to get on one scoring model and stay with it
some creditors still use 04TU. which can be good or bad depending on your situation

Last edited:
paypal credit. buy shoes resell them, pay the money back keep the profit. my **** at 700 and im 20 fam...easy work :smokin

you get 6 months no payments. its too dope

anyone know if the cards let you know when you're interest free period is up? I got a discover IT card and have had it for a year now but I forgot how long the 0% APR period is for. Not too worried since I usually pay off 90-100% of my bills every month.

I get their free credit report, I'm guessing it's from Transunion according to the post above mine? Just wondering why it changes every month, it keeps jumping up and down after each statement from 759 down to 732 then to 750. I know I paid 100% of my due bill when the statement came those 3 months.

Also looking at travel rewards cards lately. Specifically this one if anyone else can chime in on this or other cards. I like this one because it has no annual fee and no blackout dates for redeeming the points.
http://www.creditcards.com/credit-cards/bankamericard-travel-rewards-credit-card.php?catid=16

Cool, thats dope. Is there any other type of period thats like that other than the introductory period? Like a reward period?
anyone know if the cards let you know when you're interest free period is up? I got a discover IT card and have had it for a year now but I forgot how long the 0% APR period is for. Not too worried since I usually pay off 90-100% of my bills every month.

I get their free credit report, I'm guessing it's from Transunion according to the post above mine? Just wondering why it changes every month, it keeps jumping up and down after each statement from 759 down to 732 then to 750. I know I paid 100% of my due bill when the statement came those 3 months.

Also looking at travel rewards cards lately. Specifically this one if anyone else can chime in on this or other cards. I like this one because it has no annual fee and no blackout dates for redeeming the points.
http://www.creditcards.com/credit-cards/bankamericard-travel-rewards-credit-card.php?catid=16

Depends, If that is you only card paying it off in full every month is hurting your score. You never want all of your cards to report a zero balance. Best practice is to have ALL other cards report zero, and ONE card report a balance between 1%-10% utilization.

Back
Top Bottom