24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I just got approved for Chase Sapphire Reserve. I also have Freedom Unlimited. Correct me if I'm wrong but Reserve only gives you 1% on standard purchases so I'm better off using my Freedom for those and then the Reserve for travel/dining correct?

Yea - CSR for travel/dining and Unlimited for everything else. But you might wanna use your CSR for ALL your spend the first 3 months to hit that spending requirement for the 50k bonus

After that you can use what earns more points

Just got approved for the Citi Thank you preffered. 60k sign-up bonus points for spending 4K in the first 3 months. I got a vacation coming up in December for around that same amount and it’s 3x travel point. So that’s an easy 72k points. I’m glad I waited for the right time to apply.

Woke up to see that my Score went up 40 points. That and another hard inquiry removed. Another year and all my inquiries will be gone.

Yea - CSR for travel/dining and Unlimited for everything else. But you might wanna use your CSR for ALL your spend the first 3 months to hit that spending requirement for the 50k bonus

After that you can use what earns more points
That was exactly my plan. Appreciate it.

Unfortunately/fortunately I have no big purchases coming up. Just asked my dad too and same for him :lol:

I just got a new car in April and I put the tax/title/misc fees on my card and when I was there I was wishing I had signed up for a new card. Had to drop like $2700 so I could have easily hit a minimum spend on a new card

I might get a tv and Xbox around Black Friday that’s my next big purchase but I don’t even know for sure if I’m gonna

Don't buy **** just to buy **** though. Wait until you know you have a big purchase coming up IMO

Don't buy **** just to buy **** though. Wait until you know you have a big purchase coming up IMO

Yea I just recently spent a good chunk of $ so I was actually looking for a card to see if I could get some cash back but now I’m realizing I should have signed up before spending and put it all on a new card

Anyone who travels in here should have the CSR. Just recently used the priority pass and it absolutely pays for itself.

I just got approved for Chase Sapphire Reserve. I also have Freedom Unlimited. Correct me if I'm wrong but Reserve only gives you 1% on standard purchases so I'm better off using my Freedom for those and then the Reserve for travel/dining correct?

You are correct.

How many points did you get for sign up bonus and what are the terms? The 100k points when I got my card was GOAT signup bonus. Curious if they’re still giving that much I still am trying to convince my girl to get this card.

Anyone who travels in here should have the CSR. Just recently used the priority pass and it absolutely pays for itself.

What is that even for? I just found mine while moving this past weekend. It was in a drawer full of random junk lol. I never really looked into it.

You are correct.

How many points did you get for sign up bonus and what are the terms? The 100k points when I got my card was GOAT signup bonus. Curious if they’re still giving that much I still am trying to convince my girl to get this card.

Fellas, my last derogatory fell off this month after 7 years and and my score is at 740. Aiming for 750 to 800s now :smokin

Only debt I have is student loans

What is that even for? I just found mine while moving this past weekend. It was in a drawer full of random junk lol. I never really looked into it.

lounge access plus credit at certain restaurants every time you travel. For example there are three different spots in my nearest airport I can use the priority pass card on it and with a guest I have a credit of 50-70$, forget the exact total. On top of this lounge access also. Would advise everyone to look in to it.

I do. Use it for gas when my chase freedom doesnt offer 5% quarter catagory and for groceries.

I heard it's good for grocery shopping and department stores. I always pay cash for gas, don't see that changing anytime soon .

Lounge access is clutch, although the priority pass ones aren’t the nicest they’re still way more comfortable than gates. The ones in Europe and some in US are still really nice (best one in US that I’ve seen is Turkish Air in Dulles). Def worth the ~$120/yr out of pocket cost for the CSR (especially when you have a guest)

Lounge access is clutch, although the priority pass ones aren’t the nicest they’re still way more comfortable than gates. The ones in Europe and some in US are still really nice (best one in US that I’ve seen is Turkish Air in Dulles). Def worth the ~$120/yr out of pocket cost for the CSR (especially when you have a guest)

Actually here now haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 53
Been paying Lexington Law $130 a month since June to remove all this negative stuff from my credit report and surprisingly the first thing they actually did was totally remove a debt that I actually owed. $1,200 FiOS debt was deleted this morning and my score went up 40 points. Now for them to get this closed account off my report

Gonna start playing this churning game

Just opened the BoA cash rewards card because of a promo they're running. $200 statement credit after spending $500

Gonna start playing this churning game

Just opened the BoA cash rewards card because of a promo they're running. $200 statement credit after spending $500

Not the best start. You need to knock out all of the Chase cards first due to 5/24 limitations.

Peep the reddit sub that turbospartan linked. Read the sidebar

Back
Top Bottom