24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Now that I got all this credit and almost no balance, what am I supposed to do with it?

Worked hard for a couple years but I put myself in a decent spot.
I’m ready to cop these cribs.

after like 6 years, discover finally gave me an increase!

$500.... :lol:
Really!? 6 years!? I woke up this morning to an email from Discovery letting me know that I got a CLI for $600 after like 5-6 months. Mind you, I only have the student card.

after like 6 years, discover finally gave me an increase!

$500.... :lol:

They are so stingy man lol My other card stay throwing racks at me, meanwhile I've had my IT the longest and haven't had an increase since right after I opened the card a few years ago.

I keep hearing that but I don’t think it’s that simple...

For instance why did chase give me 25k Amex 30? And discover 5?

I think there are other factors at play like total credit across all cards, and maybe when you got the card in comparison to your other cards.

Honestly if your income aint all that discover wont give you a CLI.
my income is up there, they just been stingy. I complained about it for years

I mean I haven't had a balance on the card in a long time but that most likely doesn't play a part

I'd wait until after my bonus has been credited.

You'd have to open up a new card for the reserve to get the bonus. That means you'll have the preferred and the reserve. This wouldn't be considered switching/ a product change. You can easily do this if you're under the 5/24 rule.

If you do a product change and switch the preferred to a reserve, you would have 1 card, but won't be eligible for a bonus. The first option would be the best. Just cancel the preferred before the annual fee is charged again.

Pretty sure Chase updated their policy to only allow people one or the other when it comes to the Sapphire cards. Only possible route is doing a product change, but like others have said.. you won't get the signup bonus

Pretty sure Chase updated their policy to only allow people one or the other when it comes to the Sapphire cards. Only possible route is doing a product change, but like others have said.. you won't get the signup bonus

My Girl canceled her Chase Preferred, and then applied for the Reserve. They told her she wouldn't be eligible for 24 months to get the reserve because it's the same "Sapphire Branding"

Would you guys recommend a secured card to build up the score or something like a quicksilver one card

if you can qualify for a regular card i'd prefer to do that than to use a secured card. why have them hold your money if you dont need them to? capital one has base cards with no cash back/bonuses meant for this purpose.

Also, Chase Saphire gives yuo a $300 travel credit each year. It works on local Subway systems as well.

Great perk

Explain? I run a small business, set to expand soon. Have a business AMEX but the limit...

I got 100k Chase UR points by opening a business card. Chase Ink Preferred. Havent used it since I made the initial purchase for the points, but it actually has some decent benefits. I think it's 3x points for internet, cell phone (plus phone insurance), office related items.

I got 100k Chase UR points by opening a business card. Chase Ink Preferred. Havent used it since I made the initial purchase for the points, but it actually has some decent benefits. I think it's 3x points for internet, cell phone (plus phone insurance), office related items.

I did the same, just put selling shoes on ebay as my "business".

Hit the 5K Spend, got the 80K point then closed out the card after 2 months.

I guess my business partner has to up his credit score. S-Corp doesn’t allow my to apply myself. Smh, with time.. I’ll apply early next year

Are you able to redeem Amex points for cash? Seems like you can but I just want to make sure. I remember a while back the only reason I don’t have an Amex card is because you can’t redeem for cash

If so I’m about to apply for this https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/propel/

The site says this so I’m assuming I can

3EA6D297-F570-455C-A190-D8912CB9F8C4.png
0149F967-D588-4094-8C89-0A3976823A0B.png

Back
Top Bottom