24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I pretty much only use it so I can see all my bank accounts, investments, and credit cards all in one place but you can set up a budget, set goals, see your money flow, credit score, etc
I used to not like it but I like this update you should set up your account and check it out
I downloaded the NerdWallet app too because I like their site and I’m gonna see which I like better between the 2

So Mint & NerdWallet are essentially the same?

Gave two referrals with capital one and both got approved, then capital one tried to deny me the bonus until I called. They just tried to tell me they can’t disclose the reason I didn’t get it. Even though all criteria were met. Called and they told me they would honor it and give me the bonus cash

So glad I didn’t have to use this company more than it just being a beginners card to build credit.

So Mint & NerdWallet are essentially the same?
For tracking the stuff I want yea I think so but like I said I don’t really use it too in depth
There’s a whole bunch of apps like that. Personal capital is another one

Closed 4 of my unused credit cards today. Kept my oldest card and got credit limit increases on my most used cards months ago.

Did my homework and hopefully my credit doesn't dip

Check out the citi double cash back card if you need a card guys.

they up my limit every 6 months without me asking and it’s 2% cash back.

miniojw miniojw which one?

I just got my $750 sign up bonus for the Ink Cash card recently.

I'll probably grab the Unlimited for another $750 later this year.

80,000 CUR points a year or so prior was nice too.

Just paid off all of my debt except my chase card which still has 3k owed on 5kWorking on bringing that down as well.
It’s a great feeling.

hoping my lower utilization will bring up my score.

Just paid off all of my debt except my chase card which still has 3k owed on 5kWorking on bringing that down as well.
It’s a great feeling.

hoping my lower utilization will bring up my score.

Keep it going and your CScore will most certainly increase.

Y'all should read up on the AZEO method.

The “all zero except one” (AZEO) method refers to keeping a zero balance on all of your credit cards—except for one. Having fewer accounts with balances can be better for your credit scores.

Interesting method but I prefer to keep all CC balances at zero

The “all zero except one” (AZEO) method refers to keeping a zero balance on all of your credit cards—except for one. Having fewer accounts with balances can be better for your credit scores.

Interesting method but I prefer to keep all CC balances at zero
Same. I have both my CCs due on the 1st and pay in full a few days before every month. Been at 800+ for over a year now.
76827930-087D-4A3F-9765-0FDA9627231D.png

Anyone have experience with the Amazon Rewards or Prime credit cards?

Considering now, even though I've always heavily used Amazon

Not sure there is a consensus. What are you trying to get out of it? Cash back, travel points, low interest rate?
Just an everyday card that I get something out of.
Discover IT rotating categories that give 5% cash back. They match what you earn in cash back after the first year. Easy to get credit limit increases with soft pulls.

I'll def hit you up if I go this route

Usually 1.5x cash back cards are decent enough for everyday spending, where you don't have to try to remember which card to use on which purchase. Chase Freedom Unlimited is 1.5x and has a sign up bonus. If you want to play the business card game, and depending on how much spending you typically average - you could sign up for the Chase Ink Unlimited which has 1.5x on everything and a $750 sign up bonus (if you can spend $7500+ in the first 3 months). LMK if you need a Chase referral!

Do you guys feel it’s necessary to own one of each of the big 4 credit companies?

Back
Top Bottom