24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

28% auto loan breh!?!?!?!? ickkkkkkkk nevere ever everrrrr

9% on a NEW car ????ughckkkkk

and people wonder how im always drivin new whips hah, lower payments! haha im paying 2.9% for 72 months on the impala

the chally was 0%

6% is most i ever payed, and thats when i was a noob and my score was aworse and it was for my G which was 3 years old and had like 50k on it when i bought it

i have a 721 fico auto, never a late/missed payment in my life

My suggestion is to Scrap the other stuff you've saved up for and prioritize your high interest debt as quickly as possible. Unless that other stuff is needs this is a no brainer to me, surprised it wasn't already suggested.

Hate to judge but planning for this debt to go to collections in order to pay a reduced settlement just seems childish to me (if there's another way out), not to mention it will cost you more in the long run like others have said

28% auto loan breh!?!?!?!? ickkkkkkkk nevere ever everrrrr

9% on a NEW car ????ughckkkkk

and people wonder how im always drivin new whips hah, lower payments! haha im paying 2.9% for 72 months on the impala

the chally was 0%

6% is most i ever payed, and thats when i was a noob and my score was aworse and it was for my G which was 3 years old and had like 50k on it when i bought it

i have a 721 fico auto, never a late/missed payment in my life

its a damn impala of course its gonna be low :lol:. They probably give those out like candy with low % even with decent credit and history, especially with a big down payment. My brothers get pre-approved for them things and cars in the same lane all the time. I get annoyed with the pre-approvals as well.

Last edited:
Apply for this card. It gives you 15 months of no interest and no balance transfer fee for the first 60 days.

Another good card for balance transfers is the Discover IT card. Youll pay a balance transfer fee though. Every now and then theyll offer 12 months of no interest again.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/slate.aspx

I flourished on the gold premier card :pimp:.. I would suggest the platinum card only if you travel a lot, it works out In the end for that yearly fee. I don't travel much so I don't need the platinum yet.

I took advantage of it when they were offering 18 months of no interest. When I log into my account i'm always getting offers for 12 months of no interest for new balance transfers which I think is great. I don't think any other companies do that. You usually just get the initial offer and that's it.

It's a great card for balance transfers and their 5% rotating categories. It helped me a ton to consolidate my credit. It's the last card I need to pay off before i'm debt free. :D

its a damn impala of course its gonna be low :lol:. They probably give those out like candy with low % even with decent credit and history, especially with a big down payment. My brothers get pre-approved for them things and cars in the same lane all the time. I get annoyed with the pre-approvals as well.

Zero down payment papi. I dont do that anymore unless itsa lease. Cars depreciate tooo damn fast

My credit was so bad at one point I was paying 22% on a car loan. Looked at the details and was paying like an extra 9k in jus interest. I was sick! Much smarter now. Credit is building up. Bought my girls current whip wit 7%. High but for my situation, I was juiced lol...

My credit was so bad at one point I was paying 22% on a car loan. Looked at the details and was paying like an extra 9k in jus interest. I was sick! Much smarter now. Credit is building up. Bought my girls current whip wit 7%. High but for my situation, I was juiced lol...

If it's a newer car pay on it for about a year then get it refinanced

The key is that you want you the payoff of your loan to be a little less then the worth of your car

Last edited:

If it's a newer car pay on it for about a year then get it refinanced

The key is that you want you the payoff of your loan to be a little less then the worth of your car
yea the year is commin up in May...

My fico scores are EQ 706 TU 715 EXP 685. I'm getting ready to go apply for mortgage in the spring.

I just took a look at my TU report and I have $41k available with my credit utilization being 10%,10 new accounts, and 8 recent inquiries. I have a paid tax lien for $600 from a couple of years ago that's scheduled to come off next year in October. I'm going to pay everything I owe before I go apply.

How much are the inquiries, new accounts, and tax lien going to hurt me when I go apply for a mortgage ? I took advantage a lot of cards with large sign up bonuses so it's not like i'm going out and spending it on things I don't need. Would closing some of them help ? I have 14 total accounts open. Most of the cards have a $0 balance accept for 2 or 3.

Looking to get my 1st credit card
I'm 23, currently up to date on my student loan payments.
I drive to work daily
Make over 40 k
Should there be a specific card I should apply for?

Looking to get my 1st credit card
I'm 23, currently up to date on my student loan payments.
I drive to work daily
Make over 40 k
Should there be a specific card I should apply for?
Discover IT or Chase Freedom.
My first CC was a credit card from my bank and I used that for about 4-6 months to build up my credit and then applied for the Discover IT then used that for around 6 months and then got my Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Discover IT is a great beginning CC, it gives you back great awards and 5% cash back on some categories.

Yea id start with discover theyre generally more lenient than others on a limit and then other CCs will be more likely to give "like" limits once they see that on your revolving cred.

Even if you do get low limits which is likely being its your first card(s) ull get a bump in 6 months so long as you pay as agreed and use it a good deal

what if you cancel a CC before you activate it, would it drop your credit score? i just recently got approved for the barclay arrival plus and i'm not really feeling the aesthetics of the card :lol:

what if you cancel a CC before you activate it, would it drop your credit score? i just recently got approved for the barclay arrival plus and i'm not really feeling the aesthetics of the card
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Hey guys,

looking for some advice here...last time i got my FICO score from freecreditreport.com was back in 2011. Got a 735 then.

did not run any reports until my citicard told me they started offering free experian fico scores. Checked today and saw that i'm at 711.

one of the bad things I have is my credit ratio. I pretty much only have one credit card and it's usually always maxxed at $4k.

took advantage of the 0% APR and just started charging...and charging..and you know the rest. My budget allows me to pay $500 a month on it and I should be able to wipe it clean by May.

i want to increase my score within the next 2 months since i will be taking out a loan for a motorcycle.

what are the chances of me getting a credit increase if i ask while the card is maxed? do you think the hit i get to my score from applying and not getting it is higher than applying for a credit increase thus lowering my credit debt?

thanks!

is a 6 point FICO score drop anything to be alarmed over? went down from 824 to 816 however i haven't applied for any loans / credit cards or been late on any bills ...

so not really sure what would warrant a drop 
ohwell.gif

Anyone in here use the new citi double cash card?

2% cash back on everything. Best cash back card I know of

My latest score is 722,
Man I want an American express card bad lol. Chase freedom sent me some kinda mail today idk if I should go for it I already have discover which is working pretty well with that 5% cash back on gas :smokin

I have horrendous credit due to negligence in my younger days.

The road to recovery began today with a secured credit card from a local bank (they had the lowest interest rates, not variable and the lowest deposit). Just going to use it for gas and start paying down debts along the way.

Tryna get to 700 before 30 :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom