24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

These co.cksuckers at bank of America turned off my auto pay without telling me. I had it set up so that my statement balance was paid in full every month from my Chase account. I just found out that my statement was not paid in June because autopay was turned off. They reported the delinquency to the credit bureaus and claim I turned off the autopay. Told the lady on the phone that if that's the case they should be able to verify the IP address of the computer that turned off the autopay. Lady tells me that somehow conveniently that their system can't go back to April when I supposedly turned off the autopay.

My credit score has dipped because of this. Lady said she'll fill a form and send it to the 3 bureaus with my argument. I don't want to be forced to take legal action against these clowns at BoA.

Now I know why people hate this bank

I added the Experian boost (from Experian app) to add utilities to credit report today. Adding accounts with on-time payments only a positive

Anyone taking the 10 years free credit reporting from the 176million user credit hack classaction?

Anyone affected by the experian data breach?

Nope

B81BF108-A11E-4A36-9E80-9C54A824AE2F.png

Wells Fargo gives me FICO. So I should trust this?

Si. If you have cards with other major companies like AMEX or Discover i'd cross reference with those as well

CK uses your Vanguard 3.0 score which is effectively moot as ive yet to hear of nor encounter anyone that takes that score into account

I use CK only to keep track of my debt load

These co.cksuckers at bank of America turned off my auto pay without telling me. I had it set up so that my statement balance was paid in full every month from my Chase account. I just found out that my statement was not paid in June because autopay was turned off. They reported the delinquency to the credit bureaus and claim I turned off the autopay. Told the lady on the phone that if that's the case they should be able to verify the IP address of the computer that turned off the autopay. Lady tells me that somehow conveniently that their system can't go back to April when I supposedly turned off the autopay.

My credit score has dipped because of this. Lady said she'll fill a form and send it to the 3 bureaus with my argument. I don't want to be forced to take legal action against these clowns at BoA.

Conniving corporations..

SMFH. I hope you get that resolved man. Another reason to hate BoA!

About 4 yrs ago they pulled some petty **** on me. I had their premier checking and of course for it to be free, your daily average had to be around 20k. I was literally 2 dollars short on the average that month after having the account for 11 yrs like that. I called up and was like could I please get this fee waived? Its over 2 dollars. The woman said with this attitude, no we cant do that. I spoke to a manager, same thing. So later that day I went downstairs and I closed my checking, mma, and my business account and walked down the block to Chase and been happy ever since.

BoA can go suck a big one.

Just signed up for the discover it miles card. 1.5 miles for every dollar spent and in the end you can redeem for cash if you want to. They match after 1 year like the regular it card, so it’s pretty much that but round 2 :smokin

This time next year I’ll have most of my inquiries drop off so I’ll go for one of the chase reserve cards

i have 2 capital one credit cards. im a little concerned if they stole my info. i havent gotten a ltetter by them yet tho

Should I file my dispute through discover or paypal for something I didn't receive? Who would be more helpful in getting my refund?

What's the best way to take advantage of the Discover 3rd quarter category (PayPal)? Buy gift cards online? Where can I find gift cards that accept PayPal?

have a CC through my bank, applied for it years ago and got a $500 limit

they don't give auto CLI or have the option on the app or online I never used the card and said screw it, finally called them and they increase my limit to 11k :pimp:

You on Reddit?

/R/churning will have more info. What you're referring to is called MS: Manufactured Spending

Correct, MS.

I don't frequent reddit, but with a basic search all I can find is sending funds through F&F to max category. Not much about gift cards.

Correct, MS.

I don't frequent reddit, but with a basic search all I can find is sending funds through F&F to max category. Not much about gift cards.

Keep digging. I know they talk about gift cards and money orders and all kinds of ways to Max out spending categories. Especially if it is as potentially as lucrative as you're thinking, someone else knows

I’m trying to get my credit high enough so I can apply for a new credit card and do a bank transfer, so I could do abuse that free no interest until after 18 month deal. What’s the minimum credit score I need to make this happen?

My credit score is at 759.

Im 25 and didnt get my first credit card until 22 lol. I guess im doing ok
History matters

I think I posted in here about my younger brother, got him a single credit card years ago and he would use it and pay off in full. Never had any other bills or stuff in his name, went to get a card and they ran his credit which was 750++ forgot exact number but they wouldn’t give him the best loan since he had literally no history so while having great credit he still had to pay a higher interest rate because his history was no existent

12k in debt. Using my credit card and whatever I can afford from my full time job to pay for half of my masters degree. Not smart I know but god damn it I'm so close to finishing it.

Back
Top Bottom