24+ y/o NTers, give some advice to us younger NTers

Diversify your interests so you can discover your true identity. Be you. Don't be scared to be different. Be happy. Distinguish friends from acquaintances. Think like a boss not an employee. Embrace family. Call your momma and tell her you love her. Read autobiographies of successful people.

Focus on school and graduate.

If you've graduated, grow up quickly. If you're gainfully employed and make a good living, stop renting an apt w/ your boys. Buy a house.

Invest.

got one more...

- dont smoke meth. dabble in other stuff if you wish, but dont mess with that crystal. your health will suffer long after you have left it behind (assuming you can leave it behind)

Networking is key. Don't be that antisocial kid/adult that doesn't talk to no one. It makes a difference later in the work field. I still have a hard time talking to adults and my peers and I think cause of that, no one ever takes me serious.

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Thanks everyone, for caring enough to spit out advice.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by CHiCHiLOVES5s

Don't get too complacent. Keep progressing. Kick loser friends to the curb.
Don't get complacent!
Don't get complacent!
Don't get complacent!
Don't get complacent!

Never let fear get in the way of going for your dreams & goals. If you're passionate enough about it, there's no way you'll fail.

and don't take your health for granted.
tired.gif

I'm only 19 and just found out I might have some heart problems. #!$# is nerve racking. I try to stress this a lot among my peers, even before I got the news. Most of them think they're invincible.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bigsupa

EVERYTHING SAID HERE PLUS...

PULL UP YO PANTS...
This!!! Please, please, please pull up your pants. It's sad you hoppers have no idea what this actually means. If I ever see little wayne, Imma pull up his pants for him...

Don't waste any time!! If your in school stay in school and finish. If your at a good job, climb that corporate ladder and get to the top!! Partying isn't everything you'll have time for that after the work is done!!

Life is too short to be waisting time on folks who dont care for you.Doing something you love is rewarding. Especially when you see it blossom and grow like a child.Being wise isn't so much about knowing a ton of things. Its about the decisions you make with the little amounts of info.Sometimes a quick conversation with a stranger can give you more insight on things than close companions.People that need a label lack creativity. Whether it be with people, clothing, products, racial groups of people wtv.You can make all kinds of plans for yourself in life, but eventually, whats meant for you will hop into focus and you either run to it, or delay it.

I haven't read the entire thread, but here's my 2 cents.

- Don't put things off because of fear or uncertainty.

- The phrase "you have all the time in the world" will reveal to you that time is more fast-moving than you think.

- If you're best friend from grade school is going down a path dangerous and too negative for you, cut ties...move on, go forward.

- Sometimes you have to go against the grain if it's for the good of YOU.

Go hard when you're younger in whatever you do. It only gets more difficult with age due to loss of motivation and what not.

If you're in High School:

- Try out for any sports team you have even slight interest in. You don't want to look back at life like "I wish I would've....."

- Don't let your grades slip, ESPECIALLY in Gr. 11 & 12. It's critical for getting in University or College.

- Take time to explore interest in work fields. This is critical for planning your future.

- Don't let teachers ruin your love for any subject.

- Talk to all the girls you have the oppourtunity to, you never know who's interested. Try not to invest too much anyone that's not worth it. Always use protection!

- You will have a major heartbreak sometime. It's better if you have it early, if you have it later in life it could really %%$+ you up. Lots of fish in the sea.

If you're in College/University

- Talk to all the girls you can, never know who will let you smang. Always use protection!

- Don't be a #%%@@%%!+/tool/obnoxious drunk. No one likes that %$@!.

- Make sure you got a handle on your studies. You wasting money if you fail anything.

- Find yourself. You will probably be this way for the rest of your life after University/college.

- Get out of your comfort zone.

I left one out.

- INVEST.

It doesn't matter if you are getting Roth IRA's, Money market accounts or just some kind of savings bond.

A few years ago. I started saving 10% of my monthly salary to Savings/money market account. After a couple of months I didnt even notice/miss that 10%. To me, its easier if you dont actually see the money and just automatically deducted from my salary. It helped me save and invest.

peace to my fellow youngsters....we're on a different plane than most others right now because we're experiencing a rapidly changing digitalizing world and our brains are still developing alongside with it...

...my advice is SLOW DOWN..and take your time.stop following others models to success...and what society tells you success is....don't chase these females like most suckers do...cause once you get laid up with a chick you loose your drive and ambition in some aspects and become content with the way things are...be an individual!

lets initiate the change in our coming of age...lets show these old %$@@$# how its done and REALLY boss up..

develop and nurture your consciousness...dont let people inject negative impressions into your dreams and fool you into believing ignorance is cool
pimp.gif

Turned 24 last month. If my advice means anything..

Stay in school.
Love everyone in your family. You never know what to expect.
Do not commit any crimes or do any drugs, all that will bite you in the @+* in the long run.

Originally Posted by AmberElise04

- Sometimes you have to go against the grain if it's for the good of YOU.
This this.

Also if you're in your first year of college...think long and hard about what you want to major in, but don't take a year to decide. Advisers will say you have until sophomore year to decide, giving you the impression that you have an incredible amount of time to decide but....no. You'll find yourself taking classes that you don't need to take and end up pushing your graduation date back.

for high-school kids who aren't looking at colleges realize that most good schools want at least a 3.2 gpa, slack (a bit) in college not many potential employers will care if you have a 4.0 gpa or a 2.5 gpa as long as you graduated from a good school, and took good classes.

don't buy anything using credit, if you use a credit card make sure you have the money to pay it immediately

if you can barley pay rent than chances are you can't afford a child. wear a condom!

don't procrastinate, cause chances are if you do it'll never get done

listen to older people, my 16 year old brother is almost the same rockhead idiot i was at that age, and it kills me to see him making the same mistakes i did, what pisses me off even more about this is that we're tight friends with each other, for me i had no older siblings, and no one actually wants to listen to their parents, i thought that since i'm not much older, we get along so well, and he knows we have just about the same personality he'd actually listen to me and learn from my mistakes, but only advice he wants is on (how to get) girls, and drinking, just hurts me to think that he may not end as well as i did, honestly i was more than a bit lucky to get to where i am today and i'm not sure he'll get as lucky, why don't kids listen
30t6p3b.gif
. end rant

Back
Top Bottom