25 and older Jordan heads

I'm currently working at a deli part time for some extra scratch, anyways while I was at work I'm wearing my Jordan 14 forest green. Anyways this 18 yr old kid who is shooting the breeze with me goes and says how he only collects og kicks and sells them for money and swears he's not a hype beast, he was asking about my own personal collection and why I won't sell mine and why I wear them. My question to the older Jordan heads is this do any of you guys still wear your Jordan's no matter how old an or rare. And 2 would you sell your collection if the offer was well worth it?

tired.gif
 waiting period

I couldn't agree more you have them wear they are sneakers they are meant to worn not sold for profit. The kid was hounding me to buy my collection and I said real Jordan heads have a ton of sentimental value with how and when they got their kicks to sell imho

I'm 28 years old..I don't understand people that will let kicks rot away in the closet, or will sell them to make an extra $25..I have shoes from when I was a freshman in highschool that I've beat the piss out of, and will still wear till the sole falls off..The only reason I would sell ANY of my shoes is if I was in a financial crisis, which luckily I'm not..I guess I just grew up in a different time.

Im 25 and I mostly buy the ones I wanted as a kid that I couldn't afford. I will eventually rock all my pickups but with being an engineer, I cant really wear sneakers on the day to day. As far as selling kicks goes, I would need an absurdly good offer to get rid of a pair because its not so hard these days to pull in cash but sometimes when the kicks are gone, theyre gone for good. Im pretty sure that I wouldnt sell my black and gold og 1's even if the offer was 1200+ and I still have no idea how im gonna wear em.

I'm 29 and I sold most of my collection at one point a few years ago just because I felt I was getting too old for it. The passion never went away though so I ended up starting back up and even rebuying a lot of the ones I had. I buy a whole lot more now that I can afford to. I still sell pairs every once in a while if I'm not happy with them. I don't get to wear them as much anymore but I still love them. I can't see myself stopping anytime soon.

i'm slowly selling off my collection
especially older pairs that i have doubles or stuff that's going to come out or has re-retroed

i once sold 60 pairs of shoes to someone in one shot

plus i'm a lot older then you guys

i'll never stop buying kicks but my interest slowly and i mean slowly is fading away

i just sold my double of the banned jordan 1's this past weekend to a niketalker

everything at has a price it just has to be the right price

Last edited:
i m 32 and basically i buy all the retros i couldn't buy when i was younger..i wear all my sneakers, never keep them in the closet..actually i go to work wearing any of my kicks collection..thats the point..to wear them..however i am not wearing them in a rainy day..or when i m going to clubs, pubs etc..this is when the damage is being done and i try to avoid it..so all my sneakers are in good condition...

I'm 24, I currently work a job in retail that is heavily seeded in the sneaker game. It kills me everyday to see these new age kids entering the sneaker game to make a resell dollar. I have been collecting since I was 13, I still rock the pairs I can fit into. Wear the shoes you cop.

All very valid points but the sneaker heads that are my age the throwback and jays was by far the greatest memory I ever had as a Jordan collector

I'm 26 I only buy Jordan's that I see my self wearing. Mainly J's ive had as a kid or J's ive always wanted as a kid. I think its a waste of time to resell em. Why buy kicks if u not gonna enjoy em?

I'm 29 and I sold most of my collection at one point a few years ago just because I felt I was getting too old for it. The passion never went away though so I ended up starting back up and even rebuying a lot of the ones I had. I buy a whole lot more now that I can afford to. I still sell pairs every once in a while if I'm not happy with them. I don't get to wear them as much anymore but I still love them. I can't see myself stopping anytime soon.
C/S. Pretty much same boat.

As far as wearing your kicks go, at my old job I used to wear both kicks from the DMP to cleans planes. The reaction from fellow co-workers, tsa agents and even some passengers was outrage. At the end of the day they just kicks, they are made to be worn.

Cant believe I'm an old sneakerhead now smh 
laugh.gif

25, wear dress shoes every day to the office. It's very hard to justify buying Jordans at this point in my life.
While I have an income that allows me to live comfortably, I can only wear nice kicks 2 days a week.

If it's winter or raining, it leaves like 30 days a year to wear nice kicks...
So I've started wearing nice Jordans to the bar or in the rain. They're just shoes and VNDS or NDS shoes don't sell for what I think they're worth.

All in all, I could care less what the kids do today. I don't want to talk to them about kicks or how many pairs they have. I don't acknowledge their stupid comments, I wear/buy the shoes I like.

I'm 31. Make decent money. I need a 2 and 10 to have 1 of each I-xiv colorway ds. Plans are to build a display in the game room to put them up. I have a pair of playoff 8s, 12s, and 13s that I occasionally. But my lebron x, Kobe's, and roshes are more comfortable, and Im in an office with clients all day so no sneakers allowed. Js at this point are reliving my childhood/hs. Early mid-life crisis I guess.

im 29 and at one point had over a 100 pairs of Jordans, Nikes, etc. I sold off and gave away alot of what i have due to financial issues when i lost my job last year, starting up and investing in my clothing line, and investing it in other places. from someone older who's has multiple pairs of many of the "heat" that people would kill for, you'll only find yourself wearing a regular rotation when you get older, collecting to impress just grows to be lame. its to a point now where i primarily only wear 1s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, and 11s (and the occasional 13). and truth be told id sell everything in my closet for the right price

not to mention that with facebook and ebay, you can find just about every GR jordan from the past few years for retail or less thanks to the short attention span on the younger generation joining the game

31 yrs old and have a job where dress shoes are worn 4x out of the week. I've slowed down tremendously and have started selling off some of the ones that I have doubles of. The excitement just isn't there anymore like it was when I was a kid. I have become very selective and will slow down even more once I can get my hands on the carmine 6's. I think the only thing that will bring me back is if 3-6 come back with Nike air. I hate seeing the big jumpman on the back :/

Im 35 an I rock all my kicks I really get mad at the cats that cop kicks just to Jack up the price an sell Em it hard enough to get kicks but it is what it is if I live to be 100 I'll rock my kicks rare limited and all that's why we cop Em right

I'm 34 and work from home, so it's hard to have the same type of rotation that I had when I was younger.  I thought I was done back in '06, but over the last 3-4 years there's been a lot of releases that I've had a hard time passing on.  Especially since I now have the financial means to purchase whenever I want.  I couldn't afford any of the,"packs" when they came out, so it's good to see them being released on their own again since I can now afford them.

I definitely wear all of my pairs when I get them, it's just difficult to wear them as much as I want. 

I'll probably never sell my collection (minus the ones that don't fit), unless I fall on hard times.

I have a 2 year old son, and if he expresses interest in shoes, I'll just pass them on to him.

If they ever re-release the Columbia's, I think that'll be the day I hang 'em up.

I'm a lot older then most on here and was fortunate enough to have owned the originals. I have owned the 1's when they came out all the way to the 14. Wore the bottoms out of almost all of them.. When the re-release started coming out, wore them to.. In 01 I started stashing some. Now you have to worry about fakes, quality went to crap, prices went up... I sold off most of my stash.. I buy them to wear, if I don't like them... Sell them. I would rather have 1 pair of the 1st Retro's released then 5 pair of MOST of these cheap made Retro's... The VI I have owned.. Great quality ..same for the V,XII,XIII....Just not my faves.. What do you do?? I guess just be happy they are still getting made.

Back
Top Bottom