Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

But aren't you Laker fans used to Kobe taking all those awkward shots? I'd say 75% of the time he makes it anyway whenever I watch the Lakers on TV. Haha.

He was hurt though. I don't mind when he is healthy. At least he put up shots and didn't turn the ball over like odom at the end.

A couple of things:

Jordan Farmar is a better pg than derek fisher. Fisher made some dumb plays down the stretch.

Kobe Bryant should have been taken out the game awhile back and he needs to stop trying to be a "Defensive stopper." People will say that he wasinjured but, Baron was lighting him up in LA. He took some horrible shots.

Luke walton. Need I say more. He is absolutely terrible. Oh wait, he has "Basketball IQ"

LO doesn't use his head

The lakers really need to re-evaluate themselves. I bet that the wins that they have right now, they can't and wont duplicate in the second half of theseason.

Sundays game had nothing to do with tonight, huh
icon_thumbs_down.gif

Baron played the whole game & ya'll got ran out the building, great way to prove his dominance...

LA > GS

LiveMyReality wrote:
But aren't you Laker fans used to Kobe taking all those awkward shots? I'd say 75% of the time he makes it anyway whenever I watch the Lakers on TV. Haha.
lol, kind of true. but on nights like these, him shooting triple pump-fake fadeaways from 20+ feet pisses me off because everyone who watchedtonights game obviously knew that Kobe was not feeling any kind of rhythm.

shoeking2101 wrote:
Kobe Bryant should have been taken out the game awhile back and he needs to stop trying to be a "Defensive stopper." People will say that he was injured but, Baron was lighting him up in LA. He took some horrible shots.

Um... on Sundays game Baron has 15 pts in the 1st quarter.
Kobe started defending him for the rest of the 3 quarters and Baron ended with 20 points
What does that tell you?

Yo all this back and forth about luck needs to stop. LA and GS fans are cool and it should stay that way.

We had chances to win the game and we didn't. We should have gotten a lead with baron on the bench but we didn't. We have to move on. We have a clipperteam that has won what 6 in a row? Let the GS loss go. We got 2 more games with them.

Man just got home from the game!! BARON!!! I'm just happy we got the win because we really needed it and there were a #++% load of annoying$*%@ Laker fansnear me.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by bobby24K

Hell a ****** could get 14 rebs against the Warriors, it's not all about stats Ownsem, it's about making the right decisions at critical points in the game.

But isn't that the reason why after every Lakers game, people on NT want Odom to be traded? They point to how he only had 8 points and 5 rebounds. All the damn time.
And if it's about making the right decisions at critical points in the game, why is it that almost no one is pointing the finger at Kobe for taking horrible shots?

Bottom line, no single person or play can be blamed for the game. It's a team effort and if guys would have done better earlier in the game, the situation at the end would not have even had to occur.

Actually I did say that Kobe took bad shots down the stretch, but the thing is Odom's inconsistancy throughout the years has just been so frustrating.He is not living up to his skills set and capabilities and it seems as if he never will. He has maybe 4-6 great games (20+, 10+, 5+) games a year out of 82total and that just isn't enough when you are supposed to be the number 2 option on a team. Everyone knows Kobe is at least going to bring the effort everynight, even if he ends up having a bad shooting night like he did tonight. Lamar often times just looks too lacadasical and just looks like he's goingthrough the motions of it all.

I really only see one of two ways to resolve this issue: 1) Trade Odom for Artest or someone decent
2) Keep him, but make him the 3rd option on the team and make a consertiveeffort to get Bynum the ball more ala Shaq.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

icon_thumbs_down.gif
Baron played the whole game & ya'll got ran out the building, great way to prove his dominance...

LA > GS
We were playing at home this time, the Ws play great at home. And I dont think we got BLOWN OUT on sunday when it was still a game in the 4thquarter and we lose by 10 pts.
I guess if i see 15 straight blacks at the roulette table I should bet black on the 16th spin too right? Great way of proving the outcome of one occurenceshould lead to outcome of the next
GS>LA

Just got back from the game, we set the largest crowd in the history of California. Crowd was CRAZY for the last 2 mins of the game. What a great comebackvictory. Fans in attendance got "We're Back" t-shirts.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Monta, Al carried the load in the 3rd. Baron with that clutch 3 in the 4th.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

koolaid5b.jpg

We were playing at home this time, the Ws play great at home.
GS>LA

[table][tr][td]Pacific[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]Home [/td] [td]Road [/td] [td]Div [/td] [td]Conf [/td] [td]Streak [/td] [td]L10 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Phoenix[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]6[/td] [td].739[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]10-3[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]Won 1 [/td] [td]6-4 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] LA Lakers[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]8[/td] [td].619[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]8-4[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [td]2-0[/td] [td]10-4[/td] [td]Won 4 [/td] [td]6-4 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Golden State[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]10[/td] [td].545[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]Lost 1 [/td] [td]7-3 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] LA Clippers[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].409[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]4-7[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]Won 1 [/td] [td]3-7 [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sacramento[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].409[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]8-4[/td] [td]1-9[/td] [td]0-4[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]Won 1 [/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][/table]

eyes.gif

GS>LA

[table][tr][td]Pacific[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]Home[/td] [td]Road[/td] [td]Div[/td] [td]Conf[/td] [td]Streak[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Phoenix[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]6[/td] [td].739[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]10-3[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LA Lakers[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]8[/td] [td].619[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]8-4[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [td]2-0[/td] [td]10-4[/td] [td]Won 4[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Golden State[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]10[/td] [td].545[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LA Clippers[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].409[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]4-7[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sacramento[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].409[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]8-4[/td] [td]1-9[/td] [td]0-4[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][/table]

eyes.gif

It's actually
LA: 13-9
GS: 13-10
eyes.gif

GS>LA

[table][tr][td]Pacific[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]Home[/td] [td]Road[/td] [td]Div[/td] [td]Conf[/td] [td]Streak[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Phoenix[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]6[/td] [td].739[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]10-3[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LA Lakers[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]8[/td] [td].619[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]8-4[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [td]2-0[/td] [td]10-4[/td] [td]Won 4[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Golden State[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]10[/td] [td].545[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LA Clippers[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].409[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]4-7[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sacramento[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].409[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]8-4[/td] [td]1-9[/td] [td]0-4[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][/table]

eyes.gif

haha chill son the season is still young....lets at least wait until the all star to worry that much about where everyone is standing wise

icon_thumbs_down.gif

LA > GS

Baron sat out about 12 minutes and LA lost.

eyes.gif

30 vs Uta
Loss 96-117

6 vs Cle
Loss 104-108

8 vs Dal
Loss 115-120

14 vs Det
Loss 104-111

3 vs Orl
Loss 117-123

Did I say they win every game at home or did I say they play great at home? Big difference. Look at last years games too, they played great. Plus SJAX was outthe first 6 games of the year
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

eyes.gif

haha chill son the season is still young....lets at least wait until the all star to worry that much about where everyone is standing wise

Seriously dude, if this was like 4 games into the season, Clipper fans could be saying the same thing too...

Point is, it's such a small sample size to be using...

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Nagging groin injury for 24.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
What type of man gains enjoyment from another mans injury?
smh.gif
Originally Posted by bobby24K

Shuges
smh.gif
at you being happy by someone else getting injured, lot of class.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Nagging groin injury for 24.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

come on
smh.gif

enjoying another mans injury is foul

I'll take the hate, fair enough.

My perspective is that it's not any type of season-ending injury or even something where he'll be seriously hampered for an extended time due to theinjury. Might miss a game or two, IF that.

I don't wish serious injury on ANYONE, be it a player or someone I actually know in real life. I'm sure that's something that some of you (ga97,bobby, true??) or your fellow Laker fans can't say (cuz I've seen them wish injury on their own players).
smh.gif

So ya'll sensitive dudes can relax. I don't have some voodoo doll with pins of your cherished hero.
laugh.gif

If he jams a finger or hurts his nuts, yeah I'm gonna throw up a
pimp.gif

Anyway, as far as the game: Bynum - as I've said early in the Laker season thread - is a keeper. Odom? I don't understand the hate for him. Kwame Brownor even Sasha, fine, boo and curse THEM. But Odom is a solid second fiddle to Jack Bauer. What more do you guys want from him??

Can we please stop this useless bickering between Lakers and Warriors Fans?
We still have 2 more games to go in the season against each other and the season is still young

Just got back from the game
mad.gif

Kobe's injury !%**+# up the game for us because he couldn't play any defense.
Ill post the little pics i have tomorrow.
mad.gif

please Lamar GRAB the ball with two hands....your hands are bigger than Kwames, yet you will have butterfingers if you use ONE HAND.
From the replay I saw, he did grab the ball with two hands, but he was looking at the basket rather than securing it and calling timeout. I'dequate it to what that linebacker did against Dallas (eyes on the ball, but he tried to pick it up rather than fall on it) or a wide receiver that doesn'tlook the football all the way into his hands. The correct play would have been to grab the ball with force and call an immediate timeout.

even Kobe went to him with 3+ minutes left and told him he was going to have to take over down the stretch...

Actually, that was just speculation by Mark Jackson or Van Gundy.

I do agree that Odom and the rest of the Lakers should have recognized that Kobe couldn't drive and ran the offense away from him, but that's not whatthey're accustomed to doing. Fisher or Odom himself should have put Odom in position to get the ball in the post. Kobe or Odom should have given Bynumthe opportunity to make a play in the clutch. Kobe should have allowed the offense to run through him rather than have it stop at him. Phil should have takenKobe out when Kobe started giving up lay-ups.

There were a lot of "should have's" in that game.

What we need to do is feed the ball to Bynum some more, he has been beastin the last several games, but he seems to get lost for several minutes when nobody passes him the ball
Indeed. Bynum doesn't seal his man well and I believe that's part of the reason people don't have confidence feeding him in the post,but I'm sure he'd do it more often if he was fed regularly. On the other hand, Bynum needs to realize that posting up properly all the time may not get him the ball more, but it puts complete onus on the guards andputs him in better position to make something happen if he gets the ball or has to rebound a shot. It's just like wide receivers having to run a goodroute even if the play isn't drawn up for them.

Nash > CP3 > Deron > Baron
Baron may not be shooting the ball as well as Deron, but they have similar numbers and the Warriors have a better record than the Jazz.

Damn. what a game....the place was sooo loud.

the game had the makings of a Lakers blowout
frown.gif
with the way they started the game and how baron was in foul trouble.

But MAN O MAN!!! BARON!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif