3-22-11 Mega Millions 244,000,000 UPDATE: 312 MILL is next!

NYC tax is
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by backpacker23

NYC tax is
sick.gif
sick.gif

CA, if you take the annual payments it comes out to 228M, lump payment is 145.2M after taxes on both
NYC... can't do it since I always sucked at doing percentages
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

oh @*%!
i just checked my ticket and i have 3 numbers out of the 5, missed the MB

oh man im playing for that $304 mill!!!!

Did you pick your numbers or do a quick pick?

I did 5 quick picks, 
i remember when i got them i was bout to buy some other ones cuz i had like 4 14's in a row and it looked like it was a joke 
laugh.gif

I'm in three lottery pools at work and we GO IN. All we play is Mega Millions. Since January we have won $10,000 twice. After taxes, it's about $7000. Split amongst our group, I came away with about $650 or so. Got my snow tires with that money
pimp.gif
. Winning $10K isn't as cool as it sounds. Seeing you have every number except 1 is kinda heart breaking.

Spoiler [+]
1. Have a designated, trusted person to handle the money. This same person will deal with the money ALL the time.
2. Write everyone's name down on a piece of paper and how much their paying.
3. Tape/Staple that paper plus the tickets to another piece of paper and make copies and give to each person involved in the pool. (BE CAREFUL OT TO WRINKLE/STAPLE THROUGH THE BARCODES!!! If they can't scan them at the store then you have to mail the tickets in 
indifferent.gif
. So if you win like $7 or something, you gotta wait 3-4 weeks for it to come in) If you can't give to everyone, then give to at least 3 other people. You need to have at least more than 1 person with a copy of the numbers. Regardless of how long you've known someone and how well you think you know them, blood will be shed if you eff with someone's MILLIONS.
4. If for whatever reason you can't get copies, E-Mail a pic of each ticket including the dates to at least two/three of the people involved.

Here's a previous one I use with one of my groups:
2jg0wv8.jpg

Airforce1king your office pool only put up $20 together?
i always thought those things were like maybe 30 people and they were puttin in like $20-$50 a piece.

if you guys won 10k off of doing $20 go rounds... thats awesome

This thread makes me laugh...of course everyone wants to win and YES IT WILL BE ME ON FRIDAY...

People talking about they go in unless you are buying 1000's of tickets then you are not increasing your chances whatsoever and at that the increase is so small that it isn't worth the trade off. Whether you buy $1 or $5, you are not going to increase your chances by anything that warrants the money you are probably wasting.

Again if you hit $304 million and bought two tickets instead of one of course you would tell me I am an idiot, but mathematically it does not make sense.

Originally Posted by bc60997

This thread makes me laugh...of course everyone wants to win and YES IT WILL BE ME ON FRIDAY...

People talking about they go in unless you are buying 1000's of tickets then you are not increasing your chances whatsoever and at that the increase is so small that it isn't worth the trade off. Whether you buy $1 or $5, you are not going to increase your chances by anything that warrants the money you are probably wasting.

Again if you hit $304 million and bought two tickets instead of one of course you would tell me I am an idiot, but mathematically it does not make sense.
didnt someone do this iin the Power Ball Thread?

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by bc60997

didnt someone do this iin the Power Ball Thread?

I think it was an earlier MM thread, dude spent a couple bills on tickets
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bussinessilicitos

Someone school me on lottery pools, does everyone in the pool play they're own 6 numbers or do you all pick one?
example, 5 people pitch in 1 dollar each.
these 5 dollars will buy 5 sets of numbers

either quick pick, or have someone pick numbers.

if everyone picked a number individually, it would cause bloodshed if there was a jackpot winner to a pool. people would be like "i picked that number, i should get all or most of the money"

Someone school me on lottery pools, does everyone in the pool play they're own 6 numbers or do you all pick one?

more than likely they're all quick picks.
I don't play my own numbers because I wouldn't have anything past something in the 30s, when nearly ALL winning numbers end up going as high as possible, none of which I play

put the money together and 20$ or 50$ or how ever much was put together on quick picks

One type of system for mega millions would be if you have 50 people playing $10/per = $500.00

This system would allow you to buy 500 tickets - there are 1 to 46 numbers to pick for the megaball - this would allow you to pick each number 10 times totaling a winning amount of $20 b/c you have every number 10 times. In turn it would be stupid that if you planned on investing $500.00 to not invest $520.00 b/c that would still equal buying the original $500.00 in tickets.

Never pick numbers in a series, always pick 3/2 or 2/3 even/odd or odd/even - don't pick numbers that end in the same digit, always pick numbers that total between 106-179 b/c statistically that is where the winning tickets have fallen about 85% of the time.

That is one of the simplest strategies that I can think of and it works for Powerball too and just increases your chances from the original 1 in 176,000,000

I am a financial analyst and have done extensive research on ways to beat the system and w/o huge pools of money it is simply a waste and just rolling the dice.

AGAIN this is why I laugh at people saying they go b/c they have 10 people and buy 50 tickets.  Until you get to atleast $500.00 in tickets you are not even SLIGHTLY INCREASING YOUR CHANCES...

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

I'm in three lottery pools at work and we GO IN. All we play is Mega Millions. Since January we have won $10,000 twice. After taxes, it's about $7000. Split amongst our group, I came away with about $650 or so. Got my snow tires with that money
pimp.gif
. Winning $10K isn't as cool as it sounds. Seeing you have every number except 1 is kinda heart breaking.

Spoiler [+]
1. Have a designated, trusted person to handle the money. This same person will deal with the money ALL the time.
2. Write everyone's name down on a piece of paper and how much their paying.
3. Tape/Staple that paper plus the tickets to another piece of paper and make copies and give to each person involved in the pool. (BE CAREFUL OT TO WRINKLE/STAPLE THROUGH THE BARCODES!!! If they can't scan them at the store then you have to mail the tickets in 
indifferent.gif
. So if you win like $7 or something, you gotta wait 3-4 weeks for it to come in) If you can't give to everyone, then give to at least 3 other people. You need to have at least more than 1 person with a copy of the numbers. Regardless of how long you've known someone and how well you think you know them, blood will be shed if you eff with someone's MILLIONS.
4. If for whatever reason you can't get copies, E-Mail a pic of each ticket including the dates to at least two/three of the people involved.

Here's a previous one I use with one of my groups:
tried that once, where everyone puts in a diff amount. actually had someone do the calculations of what they would receive if we won. some who put in like $10 were salty that someone who just had $1 or $2 would still get a nice chunk. in the end, we found out it was easier to just do $5 per person.

the last mega millions why did my mom get 3 right she almost had a heart attack

Back
Top Bottom