300 Spartans vs 300 Silverback Gorillas

SBG would be too quick and block a long range spear attack. The only good chance of landing that spear is close range.

SBG is goin 15-20 MPH at the spartan while he's throwing a spear from 10 yards.

Even if he get's the sword out and starts swinging, the SBG is most likely gonna still destroy him.

AS SOON as any gorilla gets hands on a spartan, it's over for 3 spartans.

They're not just gonna snap a neck and drop em, they're gonna be swinging them around like Hulk did to Loki

View media item 940286

the spartans don't have to throw the spears, the SBGs would be charging the phalanx would hold position. You have multiple rows of spears pointing forward and a 70 degree angle. There would be no way the gorillas wouldn't run into the spears.

And no, as soon as 1 gorilla gets his hands on a spartan he's feeling THAT spartan's steel as well as his fellow man's steel. You're crazy.

Last edited:
Like they would all just run directly into the spear.

And if his fellow man is giving the SBG his steel, that' gives another gorilla the perfect chance to

View media item 940286

Yeah, pretty much exactly what they'd do. Ever read up on horsemen charging into a phalanx? Even trained warhorses wouldn't have been able to move out of the way in time. The spartans can keep the spears hidden in the phalanx and thrust them out once the gorillas come into range.

:lol: Whats with that .gif man? They aren't the incredible hulk.

Yeah, pretty much exactly what they'd do. Ever read up on horsemen charging into a phalanx? Even trained warhorses wouldn't have been able to move out of the way in time. The spartans can keep the spears hidden in the phalanx and thrust them out once the gorillas come into range.

:lol: Whats with that .gif man? They aren't the incredible hulk.

Several differences between a horse and a gorilla.

Arms, hands, THUMBS. Smaller. Stronger (where it counts in this battle) More agile.

And the Hulk gif is to illustrate how out powered the Spartans are.

Last edited:
Several differences between a horse and a gorilla.

Arms, hands, THUMBS. Smaller. Stronger (where it counts in this battle) More agile.

And the Hulk gif is to illustrate how out powered the Spartans are.

You've missed the point. I'm saying trained war beasts still were not able to avoid well-timed spear thrusts.

And I HIGHLY doubt the SBGs would know what those spears were, they don't know what they'd be running into. I doubt the spartans would even have to wait 'til they are in range to thrust out their spears. They can just telegraph that **** from jump and the inferior minded SBGs wouldn't know what they were running into.

And the hulk gif has nothing to do with this battle, at all. Again SBGs are not the hulk, at all.

All you're depicting is your brain being washed by hollywood CGI. Be real man.

I've more than demonstrated how the SBGs are not suited for this matchup and how the spartans are built for battle. At this point I'm tiring from all these nonsensical rebuttals.

Last edited:
But it's a nonsensical debate. That's the point. And yes, a gorilla could do that. Those Spartans aren't 250lb super humans like in the movie.

You've missed the point. I'm saying trained war beasts still were not able to avoid well-timed spear thrusts.

And I HIGHLY doubt the SBGs would know what those spears were, they don't know what they'd be running into. I doubt the spartans would even have to wait 'til they are in range to thrust out their spears. They can just telegraph that **** from jump and the inferior minded SBGs wouldn't know what they were running into.

And the hulk gif has nothing to do with this battle, at all. Again SBGs are not the hulk, at all.

All you're depicting is your brain being washed by hollywood CGI. Be real man.

I've more than demonstrated how the SBGs are not suited for this matchup and how the spartans are built for battle. At this point I'm tiring from all these nonsensical rebuttals.

You must be tired from all of the sensible ones too.

SBG >>> Spartan strength

SBG >>> Spartan reaction time

That's all it takes for an even 300 vs. 300

I'd entertain 200 SBG vs. 300 Spartan, but on an even field? Nah son...

You must be tired from all of the sensible ones too.

SBG >>> Spartan strength

SBG >>> Spartan reaction time

That's all it takes for an even 300 vs. 300

I'd entertain 200 SBG vs. 300 Spartan, but on an even field? Nah son...

I'd say a trained Spartan, a guy who has been training for battle since birth. Bred literally for one purpose. Has a better battlefield reaction time than a charging gorilla. I highly doubt a SBG would be able to change direction like a spartan would in a middle of an exchange.

Again, we've covered the strength bit. To exhuastion. You've obviously not read my previous posts, because now I'm having to address statements I've already covered. Why do that man? Why come into the thread and jump right to the end? Why not read others input?

Again have you taken time to understand the amount of energy a male SBG requires? They eat 40 pounds of vegetation per day. They don't have time to turn around in the midst of a battle to go find vegetation in Thermopylae. An animal that size would tire from the initial attack.

Again have you taken time to understand the spartan phalanx and strategy?

Have you taken time to understand what a SBG troop consists of? Usually one alpha male. In all-male troops there is battle for hierarchy as there would be in a mixed-sex troop. There would be fighting amongst themselves. They are not predators by nature and RARELY feed on meat. They do not hunt. The females only fight if the young are threatened. If there are 300 alpha male SBGs they'd fight amongst themselves for hierarchy. If the 300 consisted of various typical SBG troops (a troop is what a group of SBGs are called, not what I'm calling them) then they'd have fewer alpha males as well as numerous young SBGs, around 200-300 pound baby SBGs who don't have the ability to ward of threats that the elder males and females possess.

So realistically again, the SBGs do not have the ability to fight cohesively. This is not a realistic scenario.

And once again, the battle is taking place in Thermopylae, where OP suggested. The hot gates, where the spartans know the terrain and have high ground. Would the SBGs have an advantage in the central and west African bush? Undoubtedly, but that isn't the scenario suggested.

And once again, brute strength is but one factor, if it's your only factor in a battle, you are a goner.

Now please, come on and tell me for the millionth time just like everyone else how strong the SBGs are. Extremely sensible statement, anything else? Are they certainly going to learn to pinpoint phalanx weaknesses? Are they going to fight cohesively? Do they know how to strategize? Alright then....

This is why I tire, because I'm actually using tangible arguments. Your using what exactly? But please keep telling me how strong SBGs are and making me repeat myself because you didn't take the time to read through the thread.

Last edited:
lol a gorilla will still come at you with 10 spears in them.

PURE 100% MUSCLE

spears won't even penetrate through that

lol a gorilla will still come at you with 10 spears in them.

PURE 100% MUSCLE

spears won't even penetrate through that

They thrust through metal breastplate, they'd go through fur, muscle tissue, and flesh.

Especially at the velocity a SBG would be coming in.

Also to the other posters, a SBG implies a alpha male. So actually there wouldn't be any female or young around. Just all alpha males, and those alpha males would undoubtedly fight amongst themselves to establish dominance.

A silverback isn't a subspecies, it's just the term for the adult male gorilla. It denotes the silver streak/patch of hair going down their backs.

Last edited:
I'd say a trained Spartan, a guy who has been training for battle since birth. Bred literally for one purpose. Has a better battlefield reaction time than a charging gorilla. I highly doubt a SBG would be able to change direction like a spartan would in a middle of an exchange.

Again, we've covered the strength bit. To exhuastion. You've obviously not read my previous posts, because now I'm having to address statements I've already covered. Why do that man? Why come into the thread and jump right to the end? Why not read others input?

Again have you taken time to understand the amount of energy a male SBG requires? They eat 40 pounds of vegetation per day. They don't have time to turn around in the midst of a battle to go find vegetation in Thermopylae. An animal that size would tire from the initial attack.

Again have you taken time to understand the spartan phalanx and strategy?

Have you taken time to understand what a SBG troop consists of? Usually one alpha male.
In all-male troops there is battle for hierarchy as there would be in a mixed-sex troop. There would be fighting amongst themselves. They are not predators by nature and RARELY feed on meat. They do not hunt. The females only fight if the young are threatened. If there are 300 alpha male SBGs they'd fight amongst themselves for hierarchy. If the 300 consisted of various typical SBG troops (a troop is what a group of SBGs are called, not what I'm calling them) then they'd have fewer alpha males as well as numerous young SBGs, around 200-300 pound baby SBGs who don't have the ability to ward of threats that the elder males and females possess.

So realistically again, the SBGs do not have the ability to fight cohesively. This is not a realistic scenario.

And once again, the battle is taking place in Thermopylae, where OP suggested. The hot gates, where the spartans know the terrain and have high ground. Would the SBGs have an advantage in the central and west African bush? Undoubtedly, but that isn't the scenario suggested.

And once again, brute strength is but one factor, if it's your only factor in a battle, you are a goner.

Now please, come on and tell me for the millionth time just like everyone else how strong the SBGs are. Extremely sensible statement, anything else? Are they certainly going to learn to pinpoint phalanx weaknesses? Are they going to fight cohesively? Do they know how to strategize? Alright then....

This is why I tire, because I'm actually using tangible arguments. Your using what exactly? But please keep telling me how strong SBGs are and making me repeat myself because you didn't take the time to read through the thread.

1. That's a proven fact, as stated before in the thread (if you took the time to read) SBGs would have a quicker reaction time.

2. Show me one instance where a pack of animals is taking on an opponent and then suddenly diverge into a battle for alpha male. The difference between an alpha and beta, yet full-grown SBG is peanuts when comparing to a human. No baby SBGs :lol:

While I'm sure it does happen, it doesn't happen as often as you think it would in this situation.

Last edited:
[/S]

1. That's a proven fact, as stated before in the thread (if you took the time to read) SBGs would have a quicker reaction time.

2. Show me one instance where a pack of animals is taking on an opponent and then suddenly diverge into a battle for alpha male.

While I'm sure it does happen, it doesn't happen as often as you think it would in this situation.

A quicker reaction time than a normal human, not a battle-tested Spartan. Also please let me know what post # has this statistic? I read through the thread and seemed to have not seen it?

2. It wouldn't happen, because in SBG troops the alpha is established. Why? Because AGAIN, to be a SBG is to mean you are the elder male of the troop. You put 300 SBGs in close quarters with one another, they got some issues. There is no such thing as a "troop of SBGs". There are all-male groups of SBGs, but there is fighting for dominance. And the SBG is established as the elder male. Another SBG would cause issues, sometimes even a fracturing of the group.

Again understand the intrinsic nature of A. what a SBG is and B. their mannerisms.

I'll try and dig up my old anthro material and find a specific video I'd like to reference. It would demonstrate how groups can be fractured by two males battling for dominance. Groups play favorites, believe it or not.

Last edited:
A quicker reaction time than a normal human, not a battle-tested Spartan.

2. It wouldn't happen, because in SBG troops the alpha is established. Why? Because AGAIN, to be a SBG is to mean you are the elder male of the troop. You put 300 SBGs in close quarters with one another, they got some issues. There is no such thing as a "troop of SBGs". There are all-male groups of SBGs, but there is fighting for dominance. And the SBG is established as the elder male. Another SBG would cause issues, sometimes even a fracturing of the group.

Again understand the intrinsic nature of A. what a SBG is and B. their mannerisms.

You keep bringing that up. Neither their nature or mannerisms is in question here.

What is in question is if 300 SBGs could take 300 Spartans.

All the "facts" you keep spouting are moot.

The fact that this is even a question is putting aside the NATURAL logic of the gorillas. There would never be 300 in one condensed place at one time.

So you can't just put aside that logic and keep everything you feel would make it right.

You keep bringing that up. Neither their nature or mannerisms is in question here.

What is in question is if 300 SBGs could take 300 Spartans.

All the "facts" you keep spouting are moot.

The fact that this is even a question is putting aside the NATURAL logic of the gorillas. There would never be 300 in one condensed place at one time.

So you can't just put aside that logic and keep everything you feel would make it right.

Okay and as soon as 300 SBGs magically materialize on Thermopylae they'd look at each other and quarrel for dominance. They likely wouldn't even notice the Spartan phalanx on the hill ahead.

And you're right, there would never be 300 in one place at a time. But if there were you wouldn't be able to throw out their intrinsic mannerisms.

Again I'm repeating myself but if you're going to ignore natural tendencies then I'll go ahead and ignore the intrinsics of the spartans.

Spartans now have modern weaponry....They all have laser sighted ACRs, and Halo spartan suits. If you're going to give the apes the ability to think strategically, ignore natural tendencies, and have the ability to fight cohesively I reserve the right to change Spartan armament.

Why you hate the SBG so much dog

I don't. If I saw a way the SBGs would win this one, I'd say it. I give them a chance in the African bush but I mean again I have a hard time believing they'd be effective as a cohesive unit vs a well-trained battalion of Spartans.

Okay and as soon as 300 SBGs magically materialize on Thermopylae they'd look at each other and quarrel for dominance. They likely wouldn't even notice the Spartan phalanx on the hill ahead.

And you're right, there would never be 300 in one place at a time. But if there were you wouldn't be able to throw out their intrinsic mannerisms.

Again I'm repeating myself but if you're going to ignore natural tendencies then I'll go ahead and ignore the intrinsics of the spartans.

Spartans now have modern weaponry....They all have laser sighted ACRs, and Halo spartan suits. If you're going to give the apes the ability to think strategically, ignore natural tendencies, and have the ability to fight cohesively I reserve the right to change Spartan armament.

We're getting somewhere...

But as I said before, "Show me one instance where a pack of animals is taking on an opponent and then suddenly diverge into a battle for alpha male."

It's species on species bruh. These SBGs are going for nothing short of Spartan blood.

Ain't no cohesive fighting in that.

Why you hate the SBG so much dog

#SBGgang

:lol: :nthat:

Last edited:
We're getting somewhere...

But as I said before, "Show me one instance where a pack of animals is taking on an opponent and then suddenly diverge into a battle for alpha male."

I addressed that, you can pretend that I didn't but I did in fact address that.

You still don't even know what the difference between a SBG and another gorilla is.....

I addressed that, you can pretend that I didn't but I did in fact address that.

You still don't even know what the difference between a SBG and another gorilla is.....

I saw you reaching to address that. You never SHOWED me that. Hell, I'll take it from any species. Show me where mid battle they diverge into a fight for dominance.

I know it COULD happen, but there's a difference between that and it WILL happen.

But I also realize you can't show me me that it happened in any species so I'll redact that argument.

But no matter the gorilla, they are still pure animal with pure animal instinct.

An even fight with ANY type of human is unfair, and that's been true for as long as we've been on top of the food chain.

Last edited:
300 beasts who on average weigh 350, have damn near the strongest bite force on the planet, range from 8-15 men in strength, and can move faster than us.

Nope. Not with melee weapons anyway. They can bend/break tempered steel unaided. Spartans would get destroyed by the inertia of their charge alone.

Last edited:
I saw you reaching to address that. You never SHOWED me that. Hell, I'll take it from any species. Show me where mid battle they diverge into a fight for dominance.

I KNOW it can happen, but there's a difference between that and it COULD happen.

But I also realize you can't show me me that it happened in any species so I'll redact that argument.

But no matter the gorilla, they are still pure animal with pure animal instinct.

An even fight with ANY type of human is unfair, and that's been true for as long as we've been on top of the food chain.

Reaching to address the FACT that the very definition of a SBG is an elder alpha male gorilla with a streak of silver hair down its back? And that within a troop two SBGs cannot coexist?

Okay then. :lol: You just keep proving my point man. You don't even know what a SBG is. Two SBGs would not be in a troop. There may be other males, but those males are NOT sbgs. They are usually younger males who will be forced to leave the troop to find mates.

Your line of questioning is complete rubbish because it is devoid of any understanding of what a SBG inherently is.

You've earned this, :stoneface: .

Last edited:
Y'all thinking the 300 Spartans were all like Kratos or the Rock lol. Even if they was all Mark Henry they getting bodied by a SBG!

Back
Top Bottom