NeNe
Samuel Dalembert
Tayshaun Prince
Aaron Brooks
Delonte West
eek.gif

TJ Ford
Shane Battier

With Pat Riley as our GM for the last 15yrs anything is possible. Stay tuned for a exciting summer.

Excuse my ignorance, but what money will be used to sign any of those players? 
They are going to be well above the existing cap with more restrictions probably coming in the new CBA. 

They already used the MLE. 

I was just throwing out some names of players who could get a MLE or take a Veterens Minimum that along with somehow getting rid of Mike Miller. We do have a MLE if everything goes as plan with the new CBA.

But out of all those names i would love to pickup:

TMAC (maybe Veterns Minimum needs to go out with a bang)
Grant Hill (Veterens Minimum really wants a ring)
Dalembert (More probable then NeNe)
Shane Battier (Vets minimum great Defender)
Delonte West (plays D great 3pt shooter if we cant resign Chalmers)
TJ Ford (Vets minimum can be great on offense not much of a defender)

If we can get 3or4 out of the 6 expect a championship in Miami next season...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by likethematrix

If the Heat can get A.I., keep eddie house and miller and chalmers, then find a real center... and its on.
did the heat have anyone who is 7ft on the roster?

Have Big Z, but he was benched in favor of Magloire.....I wouldn't mind seeing both of them off the roster. Way past their best days

Joel Anthony can't be the starter next year either. He has a lot of hustle, but that still isn't enough. We need a Center who has some kind of offense awareness and can grab boards and alter shots on a consistent basis. Heat got worked on the boards this year. I would like to see Eddie House go.... that's doubtful of happening though. His 3 is major, but his defense, gun slinging mentality, and handles are detrimental to the team.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by KenJi714

keep that stuff outta their offseason thread.  i know you'd be tight if people did something similar to troll in the laker offseason thread.

one advantage miami will have this offseason is the fact dudes will be willing to go there for cheap.
If the Heat fans troll the Lakers off season thread then expect to get their @% return when thing @$@ don't work out

mrcool, or any other Heat fan, didn't Big Z say he'd retire after this season no matter what?

didn't Nene mention he wanted to go to Miami? they're set with Nene / Joel Anthony. Just need a few younger guys, i'd keep James Jones/Miller. as much as i love bibby, hes done... chalmers is going to walk.

Originally Posted by toine2983

mrcool, or any other Heat fan, didn't Big Z say he'd retire after this season no matter what?

Yes I believe Z did state when arriving to Miami that this may be his last season .... Chip or not!

Originally Posted by toine2983

I think either-way Big Z is done on this team. Pat Riley picked him up as a favor to LeBron. Most likely Dextor Pittman, Joel Anthony, and hopefully NeNe or Dalembert are the only 3 centers we have on this team next year.

with how the caps gunna change ud def need a s&t for nene. bosh for nene and felton?

felton
wade
bron
haslem
nene

would be a better 5 than the team that lost in the finals.

and orlando would trade an expiring dwight for bron under contract for 4/5 years a heartbeat. this isnt baseball or football, divisions arent as big of a deal.

sorry if im ODing on hypotheticals in ur thread
laugh.gif

let me chill before i get banned.
grin.gif

anyway, i feel tmac and sam dalembert/nene would be nice fits for miami

Originally Posted by mr2cool80

P, I actually do like the idea of drafting Nolan Smith to an extent. He knows how to play defense and is an offensive threat as soon as he hits the league .... but, can he be a top tier not all-star per say, but top tier PG in this league is the question?
No, I don't ever see Smith developing into a top tier PG but I don't think you need a top tier PG to win a championship (just look at Derek Fisher
laugh.gif
). With Wade and LeBron in the fold, a PG on the team just needs to be able to knock down threes, play solid defense and make the occasional play That describes what Smith is expected to do in the league.

Speaking of PGs:
http://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh
@tomhaberstroh Of the 1,166 times in NBA history that a player has played 400 minutes in a postseason, Bibby's 3.6 PER ranks dead-last.
sick.gif

I'd like to see Battier in a Heat uniform...don't see it happening though. But I think they'd be set with either Dalembert or Nene. Both those guys can rebound and can finish around the hoop. You think the big 3 can convince chalmers to stay for less money??

Originally Posted by Drama23

didn't Nene mention he wanted to go to Miami? they're set with Nene / Joel Anthony. Just need a few younger guys, i'd keep James Jones/Miller. as much as i love bibby, hes done... chalmers is going to walk.

If Nene goes to Miami 
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I doubt they'll pay him what he's looking for tho

^^ I think the most the Heat could afford to pay Chalmers is atleast 2-3million per. But we would have to match a offer price by a team willing to out bid us.

Battier/Dalembert/TMAC would be great offseason acquisitions  

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Originally Posted by PMatic

Speaking of PGs:
@tomhaberstroh Of the 1,166 times in NBA history that a player has played 400 minutes in a postseason, Bibby's 3.6 PER ranks dead-last.
sick.gif

wow I knew he was playing bad, but not that bad...... .281 fg% he's good as gone. No wonder he got no burn in game 6

That in addition to his inability to defend Barea effectively once Carlisle made the adjustment. But listen, let's just keep it in perspective that he gave us all that he couldv'e given when it's all said and done. Unfortunately from a statistical standpoint, it may not have evolved into much. 
P, I see what you're saying about Nolan. He definitely can play defense as he's proven that during his tenure at Duke and he can easily be molded into an effective PG once entering the league under a pretty good assistant coaching staff.

laugh.gif

eek.gif

sick.gif
 @ Bibby's PER.

He definitely won't be back next season.

as good as we are at drafting players we are not good at developing rooking and keeping them... right now beside wade, chalmers, haslem... look at our history on our draft picks and how long we keep them... we are always trying to be a win now with a veteran team... not take the slow route like some teams...

Yea I don't think Riley believes in the draft too much. And besides, what are our picks looking like? I thought we got rid of most of them when we got the big 3 last year?

Not the end to season any of us would have liked. All in all it was a good year. Things can only get better.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

as good as we are at drafting players we are not good at developing rookies and keeping them... right now beside wade, chalmers, haslem... look at our history on our draft picks and how long we keep them... we are always trying to be a win now with a veteran team... not take the slow route like some teams...

Which is why I'm hoping we can stray away from that habit and attack the more conventional approach in player development. Dexter Pittman is a diamond in the rough that will flourish if given the time and opportunity. And I don't mean in a few years either .... I'm speaking in terms of the present. If he embraces summer league and camp workouts with the intention of legitimately having a role on this team, the sky is the limit! Other players on others teams can work twice as hard as he will and will never have an opportunity to shine because they aren't put in the right situation. 6'11, young, a wide base, and with good feet. I will continue to endorse him and monitor his improvement. Develop your role payers Riley, we're a small piece away from completing the puzzle!

The HEAT needs a PG who does not panic(This HEAT team tends to panic at close games),is good at making his own shots,can shoot the 3, and has good leadership skills. The Heat also needs a good center that has good defensive or scoring capabilities like Dalembert(defense) or Nene(offense)..... Just one small piece to win it all next season.. And I have really good feeling the HEAT can get it next season...2012 book it.
happy.gif

I think they need that one other player that can score on his own off the dribble and won't defer so much to the big 3, but also a good shooter. Besides the big 3, looks like only Chalmers would put the ball on the floor and make something happen. They tried to surround them with shooters in Miller, Jones, Bibby and House but it just didn't work out. Terry and Barea are good shooters, but they also put the ball on the floor and made big plays over and over. Maybe a Jamal Crawford? Lol. He would have to take a big paycut tho.

Back
Top Bottom