miller hustled and plays defense... was his shooting bad this year? yeah, but he was injured and had his thumbs looking all crazy...
he is able to come in a have wade or lebron sit... bayless cant do that... you always want wade or lebron on the court at all times...

Yeah Miller was never right... he's the goods. I think Aaron Brooks will sign with the Lakers and LA will be back on top
sick.gif

Miami will get some scraps like TMAC, who you can tell is dying to play there, and some other bum ballers like Joe Smith etc.

AI is done, he won't last an entire season, body is in a rubble...

YoungTriz wrote:
miller hustled and plays defense... was his shooting bad this year? yeah, but he was injured and had his thumbs looking all crazy...
he is able to come in a have wade or lebron sit... bayless cant do that... you always want wade or lebron on the court at all times...
Im going by what the article said. Mike Miller for Jared Bayless and the Heat recieve 5million from Toranto cause Barbosa is leaning towards going back to Brazil.

My thing is im looking a the bigger picture. MM is 31 and is going into is 2nd year of his 5th year contract, so if we can dump him for that $5mil i'll do it and use that money along with the MLE to pickup a younger or plain old better player. Nothing against MM but what u see is what u get, I seriously doubt he becomes a better player then what u saw in the playoffs by next season.

Players like: Jamal Crawford (i could be reaching), Tayshaun Prince (prefer), Jason Richardson (prefer), and a Tracy McGrady (prefer) are a step above Mike Miller.

Just my opinion.

Out of that article, the clear obvious 2 choices that standout considerably IMO would be #1 and #2. With that said, I'd still choose Sam D. over Bogut. Yes Bogut has more skill-sets but Sam is a)younger b)much more athletically gifted and probably the most important, c)isn't riddled with a history of season ending injuries. Having him with Pittman, Joel retained as well coming off the bench would strongly solidify our Big man dilemma. And lets remember we'll be getting back a 100% Healthy UD! As far as guard play, I do agree with the article that Bayless is underplayed at Toronto and once again an example of a player if placed in the right situation, can flourish with another team. I just don't see however how that could be with this team. At the end of the day, we need a PG that would be relegated to focusing on playing defense, creating space on the court, and minimizing how much Bron and Wade dominate the ball. They've commanded the ball for long periods of time all season because their wasn't a decisive and clear cut PG on this team when assembled last summer......
As I stated in an earlier post, I like the idea of Marcus Banks from the Hornets. But then again it's quite obvious that he'll re-sign and be given the mantle as starting PG when CP leaves. Let's be real .. CP is probably gonna leave 
laugh.gif
. You know it ....... and I know it ..!

^

I agree with you on what the pgs role should be and that we need a pg the most but I wouldn't mind having a center that is also able to score like Bogut and would need to be defended well. Another scoring threat would make for less double teams on 'Bron and Wade and more space to create some offense.
Marcus Thorton would be a great fit if *available

You guys don't need major changes, in all honesty, if Lebron played like Lebron, there would be a parade on Biscayne in a couple of days. I don't think that you guys or anyone for that matter will be able to do many impact moves b/c of the CBA situation.

When the lockout does end and say they get the provision where they can get rid of any major contract, do you think Pat could convince Bosh to take less money
laugh.gif

MLE and vet minimums are probably going to be the way, and for some reason I just see AI or TMac on this team next season 2004 Lakers all over again haha

Originally Posted by djuzi05

I'm wondering why a lot of Miami fans are satisfied that they made it to the Finals. An accomplishment, sure, but for a team like the Heat? I mean Lebron took his scrub Cleveland team to the Finals once, and pretty far into the playoffs several times. It really was a championship or bust season for them.
word.no championship = failure.

and stop with the "its their first year together !$$" boston did it.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

who wrote that 8 moves #$%#??? 
sick.gif

laugh.gif
           some guy with no credibility. like skip bayless lol...
          like jay say..."everybody can tell you how to do it.. they never did it"

As far as who the Heat will sign??... all I can say is... I dont care... 

because in Miami.. its In Pat We Trust lol..

Originally Posted by djuzi05

I'm wondering why a lot of Miami fans are satisfied that they made it to the Finals. An accomplishment, sure, but for a team like the Heat? I mean Lebron took his scrub Cleveland team to the Finals once, and pretty far into the playoffs several times. It really was a championship or bust season for them.

This is not true.  They were never expected to make the finals in the first year.  Anyone who has played knows that it takes a bit to come together as a team.  Miami did not have all the pieces for a complete team.  This Miami team is not even as complete as the Laker team that lost to the Pistons in the Finals.

PMatic wrote:
Marcus Banks was with the Heat for about a season and didn't do !$!$.
laugh.gif

Right, he came over here with Shawn Marion for Shaq trade.
laugh.gif

For the past two days im like "why do they keep saying Marcus Banks"????

I think Cool and Triz are talking about Jarred Jack.
nerd.gif

Will the Heat ever get a credible PG because as much as Wade n Bron handle the ball the PG is basically reduced to a spot up shooter. Like everyone says obviously they need to upgrade the 1 and 5 positions, but a REAL pg needs the ball in his hands and that doesnt seem possible the way those guys doninate the ball. Just looks like this team will always be unbalanced, unless somebody wises up and comes off the bench and i dont see that happening.

Originally Posted by roboski

PMatic wrote:
Marcus Banks was with the Heat for about a season and didn't do !$!$.
laugh.gif

Right, he came over here with Shawn Marion for Shaq trade.
laugh.gif

For the past two days im like "why do they keep saying Marcus Banks"????

I think Cool and Triz are talking about Jarred Jack.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 nah robo .. Definitely not Jarret but he isn't that bad at all either. I may have been mistaken as I was thinking of Marcus "Thornton" of the Hornets and not Marcus "Banks" ... my apologies. Thornton is who I felt had a great year stepping in while CP was down. The guard from LSU. And sadly from the FA list in my opening post, "Thornton" is not a Free Agent 
laugh.gif
!  

Great posts by everyone. If the Heat can get aaron brooks and dalembert /nene our starting 5 is SET.

Fix our bench up a little and we be back stronger than ever.

Honestly, the PGs this summer in free agency are mediocre at best.

The best bet is to re-sign Mario Chalmers and draft a PG at #31. Unless the Heat are willing to trade one of their rotation players for an upgrade. And it's likely no one is going to take on Mike Miller's contract.

Chalmers is gone if that is what the Heat are offering. Unless he does not mind being underpaid like Haslem.

We can not lose both Chalmers and Bibby. That will limit what we can do with the MLE. I think the main thing is to bring some offense off the bench because the defense is already great.

I was gonna say that we need shooting but we already have James Jones and Mille and Chalmers if we can keep him.

I think the main things to do this off season is to implement a new offense and rely less on 1 on 1 except in the 4th quarter. Spoelstra needs to step up on that front or we will be out next year again
tired.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Chalmers is gone if that is what the Heat are offering. Unless he does not mind being underpaid like Haslem.

We can not lose both Chalmers and Bibby. That will limit what we can do with the MLE. I think the main thing is to bring some offense off the bench because the defense is already great.

I was gonna say that we need shooting but we already have James Jones and Mille and Chalmers if we can keep him.

I think the main things to do this off season is to implement a new offense and rely less on 1 on 1 except in the 4th quarter. Spoelstra needs to step up on that front or we will be out next year again
tired.gif
%!!??

tired.gif
My dude Knightngale
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Honestly, the PGs this summer in free agency are mediocre at best.

The best bet is to re-sign Mario Chalmers and draft a PG at #31. Unless the Heat are willing to trade one of their rotation players for an upgrade. And it's likely no one is going to take on Mike Miller's contract.

THIS ... but is this San Diego kid Jeremy Tyler really good as advertised? His name has been thrown around well before that article was written. Can somebody shed some light on him. 2011 NBA Draft: Re-Evaluating The Top Point Guard Prospects
SwishScout.com Point Guard Position Rankings.

Originally Posted by aepps20

tired.gif
My dude Knightngale
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
airfresh?

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by aepps20

tired.gif
My dude Knightngale
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
airfresh?

Hell no not me.
Season is over, my hype is done till October.

I know Mario is staying.  We get Aaron Brooks and  Dalembert wooo, fix our bench n we good to go.

The heat losing in the finals, is gonna bring serious motivation.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

tired.gif
%!!??

roll.gif

Reading some of these replies, I'd swear some people think that Miami need a point guard just as much as they need a center. Which is just flat out not the case. Sure, it would be nice to get a point guard, but a decent center would help them way more. It's not like LeBron, Wade and Bosh rely on assists to score their points?

Back
Top Bottom