-

ive been able to control my dreams on a couple of occasions

more often tho, i get sleep paralysis. which is no fun. learned to shake myself out of it tho

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Hell we should turn this into a dream interpretation thread. I keep having a reoccurring dream every few months and I don't understand it.

usually...well for me....my dreams are always related to stuff i experienced recently....like spongebob was in my dream 

anyone ever have dreams where you are punching, kicking, running but have no real force behind the movements, then you wake up and your arms/legs are sore? hate that feeling.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

I was born a lucid dreamer and thought everyone else could do it.

This.
So non lucid dreamers don't know that they're dreaming? Sounds creepy as *!##.

I'll try this mirror thing tonight but most of my dreams revolve around the football field or ex's so it might be hard, but I'll def try.
Pretty much. For me, I'm always thrown into some situation, no matter how ridiculous or terrible, it always seems natural and like it's suppose to happen. 
The last dream I can remember me having, I was in a trailer, like an actors trailer, but it was open to the public, it was like an area people could come and get food or just come to hang out, but everything was free. I remember hearing this car crash noise, so me being a person that worked in this trailer, I wanted to see what happened and if anyone needed help, I went outside, I saw my mom and little brother walking down the street, my mom was like "Somebody hit the little guy" and I looked over and there was this sort of small child, the child had the facial features of a 7-10 year old child, but the height of a 2 or 3 year old. The kid was just laying there in the street crying, dying, and there was only two people helping, a police officer and a paramedic, I looked around wondering why this situation was so calm around me, and everyone was just going about their day as if nothing happened. And I remember thinking "Why the #@!# aren't people helping? Do they not hear or see this kid?" and I woke up. Dream was damn sad. I was depressed all day. I couldn't stop thinking about the boy getting hit and no one caring about him. I hate when bad stuff happens to kids. 
frown.gif

SO I DECIDED TO TRY THIS LAST NIGHT...

1ST DREAM I HAD THAT I REMEMBERED I LOOKED IN MY SIDE VIEW MIRROR FROM OUTSIDE MY CAR AND I HAD A LARGE MARGE FACE ON..
Spoiler [+]
large_marge_surprise_by_leinglo-d3dcogg.gif

THEN AFTER I WOKE UP AND HIT SNOOZE...I WAS STILL IN MY BEDROOM LOOKING IN THE MIRROR WHEN I NOTICED A DECAYED LOOKING TOOTH IN THE BACK OF MY THROAT AND WHEN I ASKED MY WIFE TO LOOK AT IT, IT STARTED FALLING OFF SLOWLY ON ITS OWN.

tumblr_m28k5a3hl71qgzglo.gif
tumblr_lxpuk0QtAY1qfc5aj.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lvl5tyId4c1qegw8v.gif
tumblr_lx3iivI7Vv1r2mc4o.gif
tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by smellyginger

weed has demolished either my dreams or my memory of dreams, meh

Yep most who posted in this thread must not be potheads. I cant lucid dream for %%$+ thats for people who have em everyday

Oh, we have a cool guy over here.

Unless you didnt mean it in that way. Then you arent cool anymore.

I have about 7-8 dreams I remember everynight. Some mess with my reality cause I have to ask myself if it was a dream or not.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by smellyginger

weed has demolished either my dreams or my memory of dreams, meh

Yep most who posted in this thread must not be potheads. I cant lucid dream for %%$+ thats for people who have em everyday

False.Just got to sleep sober once in a while.

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

dreams about your teeth reflect your anxieties about your appearance and how others perceive you. Your teeth help to convey an image of attractiveness and play an important role in the game of flirtation, whether it is flashing those pearly white, kissing or necking. Thus, such dreams may stem from a fear of rejection, sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old.

i could run with that.

I remembered finally to look in the mirror. Nothing really major, my eyes were like super beady looking and black but nothing scary

A friend told me to do this and I did. When I looked in the mirror in my dream, I saw myself. My friend told me that the image I saw was an illusion. At that point I said, "ok."

I finally remembered to do this last night. We were rolling out to go out for the night and then I suddenly remembered to look in the mirror. So I make up an excuse about how I had to pee but as I'm walking towards the dark bathroom I get an overwhelming feeling (in real life and in the dream) and I get spooked out by it so I wake myself up.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

A friend told me to do this and I did. When I looked in the mirror in my dream, I saw myself. My friend told me that the image I saw was an illusion. At that point I said, "ok."

eek.gif
 What happened next! 
eek.gif

I've had some out of body experiences and many lucid dreams.  The only time I remember seeing my self were during the OBE's.

Once, I woke up early one morning, and went back to sleep trying to exit the body.  Felt really strong vibrations and completely let go of any worries, thoughts, or emotions.  I just let the energy rush and out of no where I felt my self floating, near the ceiling, looking down at myself laying on my bed.  The only problem was that the room felt dark, but I could still somewhat see myself.  I looked as I do in the physical world.  I was laying down on my back with my eyes closed.  I also was able to look at my parents in their room, and they looked similar to they physical selves.

I have this huge mirror closet in my room at my parent's house.  In another experience, which started similarly to the one above, I was staring at that mirror, looking back at my "astral" self.  It was totally weird and eerie.  I saw a huge shadowy figure with a see through smokey material (think the smoke monster in Lost).  Now, when out of body, I always seem to just float around.  I could never really do it on command.  It's as if I had no limbs and I would have to focus really hard to move where I wanted to.  But the figure in the mirror definitively had arms and legs like a human being.  I think it is because I was so used to my physical self that it was what I expected to see as my reflection.

I guess the mind kinda creates what it knows and what it is used to.  For example, gravity is very hard to go against, even in lucid dreams.  I've been fascinated with flying since I was a kid.  And I have a lot of dreams where I fly, but it is never exactly like I want it to.  I always seem to struggle to fly exactly where I want, as if the laws of gravity were still partly there.  Even in lucid dreams where I seem to have a lot of freedom and control, physical laws somewhat remain.  I assume that you can get better with practice, but I doubt that you could fully get rid of them.

Cool new near death experience and out of body experience article / research for those that are interested.
http://www.life.salon.com/2012/04/21/near_death_explained/

Finally had a dream where a mirror was present, im not at the level yet of controlling what my dreams end up being about but i have alot of control over them, and in the dream that it is a dream, and alot of control over what i do. It was a dream in a school i looked in the mirror cause i remembered to do it and i saw myself exactly how i look, with a slightly different haircut then the one i got. Woke up and felt good about that.

Just watched Inception for the 3rd time. Still mind blown. Makes me want to control my dreams and lucid dream even more.

I have no idea how I'm going to do it..
nerd.gif

I saw Bradley Cooper.

No joke.

Probably because I want to be him.

I did this over the summer last year and the mirror thing definitely works. In my dream it was in a part after I "woke up" from a crazy night and went to check myself in the bathroom in my house before going outside to greet everyone. When I looked in the mirror it looked as if one half side of my face was numbed, paralyzed and like drooping. I didn't thing anything of it and the dream kept going.

I didn't do it intentionally. I actually had a long dream with a sequence of events. When I was recounting it to someone else and got to the mirror part I remembered this thread and realized it what op was talking about was true.

Everytime I try to lucid dream...I get sleep paralyze. EVERY TIME.

Its seriously like its blocking me from truely letting me be great.

SO I DECIDED TO TRY THIS LAST NIGHT...

1ST DREAM I HAD THAT I REMEMBERED I LOOKED IN MY SIDE VIEW MIRROR FROM OUTSIDE MY CAR AND I HAD A LARGE MARGE FACE ON..
Spoiler [+]
large_marge_surprise_by_leinglo-d3dcogg.gif

THEN AFTER I WOKE UP AND HIT SNOOZE...I WAS STILL IN MY BEDROOM LOOKING IN THE MIRROR WHEN I NOTICED A DECAYED LOOKING TOOTH IN THE BACK OF MY THROAT AND WHEN I ASKED MY WIFE TO LOOK AT IT, IT STARTED FALLING OFF SLOWLY ON ITS OWN.

tumblr_m28k5a3hl71qgzglo.gif
tumblr_lxpuk0QtAY1qfc5aj.gif

Spoiler [+]

tumblr_lvl5tyId4c1qegw8v.gif
tumblr_lx3iivI7Vv1r2mc4o.gif
tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif
yo that pic is mmad. Wild yo

Straight scared the **** outa me

Back
Top Bottom