3g iphone $199?

There actually have been rumors floating around that AT&T will be reducing the prices on their phones from Apple so I don't know if some of younaysayers are aware of that. It's being done to increase AT&T's market share here in the US, as they have been slumping a bit recently. Certaincarriers have already subsidized a discount in Europe and Australia in order to increase sales. There's also evidence of an iPhone redesign in the works.

interesting
so would this make unlocked iphones cheaper too
nerd.gif

Yeah, those rumors have been floating around.

It would be nice they come true. To be honest, I don't have a problem with dropping $400 on a 3G iPhone with GPS, a better camera, better battery andprobably more memory. I've been waiting to get one since it came out and I told myself I will wait until the second generation edition came out, so maybethat's why I don't really care if it's $400 as well.

I'm hoping they keep the data/ text plan at $20 a month.

Originally Posted by Tai My Js Kah

My contract is gonna be up with t-mobile this august.. I might have to switch if they dont catch up and get on the 3g soon.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/30/t-mobile-to-debut-3g-as-voice-only-no-data-were-over-it/

T-mobile launched 3G in nyc today, but they only launched 3G for voice service
laugh.gif
who knows when they'll do data.
But I'm tired of t-mobile, they got left behind with 3g and they get left behind with all the new phones, I'm switching to AT&T for either the 3giphone or the blackberry 9000

^ according to some people on howardforums... some have been getting 3g data also. and btw, not sure if it's been stated. the 200 dollar iphone is only atatt stores and not at apple stores

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

There actually have been rumors floating around that AT&T will be reducing the prices on their phones from Apple so I don't know if some of you naysayers are aware of that. It's being done to increase AT&T's market share here in the US, as they have been slumping a bit recently. Certain carriers have already subsidized a discount in Europe and Australia in order to increase sales. There's also evidence of an iPhone redesign in the works.
the naysayers are saying that because like you have said, it is a rumor, not a proven fact. and the carriers that are discounting their iphones are not3g iphones. they are discounting the current iphones so the logic in at&t doing it is flawed. otherwise at&t would discount the current iphones theyhave right now.

If it is really $200 I am going to cop for SURE. I was waiting on the X1 but if the iPhone is 2 bills I'm going to get it. If our plan isn't up do wehave to update or can we just extend it?

Why would they sell if for less? Umm, because, it's technology? This is just a rumor. There are many sides as to why and why is should not be sold for$199. We'll wait and see...

Back
Top Bottom