$4600 Bday dinner, split it or pay for yourself?

tumblr_m2jrnpo6ZV1qfyuo0o1_500.gif

Insanity :lol:
Imma pay for my part and Chuck the dueces. I try to avoid Bday dinners cause it always gets dicey. Everyone claims to chip in but somehow the bill still short.

bruhhhh
one time it was my coworkers bday dinner/bowling
they ate at the bowling alley
i came late, didn't eat no food just bowled
her man passing around the check like this the bill "split evenly"
i didn't eem drink alcohol :lol:

smh

If everybody can just pay their own and a little over it’s no problems.

Had an ex and we went to dinner she invited all kinds of family and friends. At the end everyone paid their own bill, but I guess she thought maybe someone would be like I got you. Bruh not a single soul said anything :lol: of course I ended up paying tho, but I was fairly surprised no one was like I got you 😂

The video is probably fake

If it is real, then if there wasn't a prior agreement then the host can't expect people just be down for that.

And if it is real, which again I have my doubts, all you gotta do is tell the server to give you a separate bill for what you ordered. Pay it and be done with it.

Whenever I go out with friends, we split the bill evenly.

I'm not sure what these young people were eating for the cost to be 4K worth of food. That's wild, even by NYC standards.

If it is real, then if there wasn't a prior agreement then the host can't expect people just be down for that.

And if it is real, which again I have my doubts, all you gotta do is tell the server to give you a separate bill for what you ordered. Pay it and be done with it.

Your bday ain’t finna be playing no games like that. Get this slice and that’s it
AE2CA611-0D86-449A-8F0B-901FC3CBA1F3.jpeg

You pay for your meal at your birthday dinner that your friends organized? If your friends can't cover your meal on your birthday they are just a waste of skin. In fact, I expect gifts from everyone on top of the comped meal. I ain't no pauper.

Pretty sure the $$ is made up for Social Media engagement. Its not enough people in this video.

Just had this conversation with a coworker recently.

If you’re going out for a friends bday with a group of people, split the bill evenly and cover the person who birthday it is tab.

Not worth looking like a fool so I would politely decline attending the event and take the friend out for dinner or lunch on a separate day. That’s how I avoid this situation.

When we go out with our car group for dinner, or lunch where they serve alcohol, the group gets a separate check for all alcoholic drinks. I don't drink, my wife doesn't either. This way, people who don't drink don't have to worry about paying for the others choice of beverage.

When we do breakfast at a diner, it's always an even $20 which includes tip (usually works out to 30%) since breakfast at diners is very reasonable. But my group knows some don't drink and they realize it isn't right for those who don't drink to help subsidize the others alcohol, when all we get is water and maybe an unsweetened ice tea. 👍

I’ve always thought it was weird (and inconsiderate) to have a birthday dinner at a nice, expensive restaurant unless you are planning to pay for it as the host.

If the amount is real, then I don’t think splitting it makes sense. With that said, I personally try to avoid these types of gatherings (I’ll stop by and drop off a gift or hit whatever the after move is).

Alot of restaurants do not like to do this so they'll leave it up to the party to divide up the bill.

"Readers Added Context" is the best thing twitter has ever done. It prevents skits like this from passed as real, and informs the dummies who can't differentiate real from attempts to go viral.

Back
Top Bottom